Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

How I cried when I watched this. Wanted an Akita Inu ever since. 

Cried at Marley & Me too

You seen a Dog's Promise? I was sobbing, I only watched that last week.

Me basically

me-watching-a-movie-when-a-human-when-a-

I am not sure how to react to your post lol. I wanted to use the crying emoji initially but then laughed when I saw that meme. I am the same, I can quite easily watch horror movies where people die but cry my eyes out when I see an animal die. 

If I’m honest, I haven’t seen any of them otherwise I’d be an emotional wreck. Just reading the story of Hachiko made me cry. 

A9DC8489-D0A0-48B3-9942-C77C37291DE4.gif.e593fbdcceed4133903f9e976a4ed1ab.gif

I read that Zoroastrians were very fond of dogs and when Islam was becoming dominant in Iran the Muslims used to goad an torment the remaining Zoroastrians by being cruel to dogs and demeaning them and that's how the flat-out hostility to dogs became the norm. I dunno if it's true or not but it sounds plausible. 

Lol I literally watched that Bulldog one earlier today.

My Youtube feed is basically Shi'ism, animals and occaisional boxing :grin:

SubhanAllah the second video, what did we do to deserve dogs :love:

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

11 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Lol I literally watched that Bulldog one earlier today.

My Youtube feed is basically Shi'ism, animals and occaisional boxing :grin:

SubhanAllah the second video, what did we do to deserve dogs :love:

Lol, so lovely isn’t it! 

There are tons of clips like that but I am amazed every time I see how they react, respond and care. SubhanAllah indeed.

Just came across this cutie pie. :love:

A94FF3EF-6DD4-4397-B676-9F72071650B9.jpeg.d66137ad002fe9dfacd6fa508f4019ba.jpeg

On 4/25/2019 at 2:25 PM, Guest Haram Police said:

Why is there a fan club for dogs?

Read these hadiths:

إِنَّ جَبْرَئِيلَ ع أَتَانِي فَقَالَ إِنَّا مَعَاشِرَ الْمَلَائِكَةِ لَا نَدْخُلُ بَيْتاً فِيهِ كَلْبٌ‏ وَ لَا تِمْثَالُ جَسَدٍ وَ لَا إِنَاءٌ يُبَالُ فِيهِ.

The Gabriel came to the Prophet and said: We angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog.

يُكْرَهُ أَنْ يَكُونَ فِي دَارِ الرَّجُلِ الْمُسْلِمِ الْكَلْبُ.

It is discouraged for a Muslim man to have dog in his house.

لَا خَيْرَ فِي الْكِلَابِ إِلَّا كَلْبَ‏ صَيْدٍ أَوْ كَلْبَ‏ مَاشِيَةٍ.

There is no benefit in dogs, except in hunting and as shepherds

مَا مِنْ أَحَدٍ يَتَّخِذُ كَلْباً إِلَّا نَقَصَ فِي كُلِّ يَوْمٍ مِنْ عَمَلِ صَاحِبِهِ قِيرَاطٌ.

Whoever keeps a dog loses a little portion of his good deeds everyday

لَا تُمْسِكْ كَلْبَ‏ الصَّيْدِ فِي الدَّارِ إِلَّا أَنْ يَكُونَ بَيْنَكَ وَ بَيْنَهُ بَابٌ.

Do not keep your hunting dog in your house except there is a door between you and him.

The fatwa of Ayatollah Seestani (rahimahullah):

Question: Is it permissible to keep a dog as a pet in my house?

Answer: It is better not to, and its preferable to choose another animal as a pet, as a dog is ritually impure (Najis) according to Islamic law, and thus it would cause one to live with considerable difficulty. It's also been mentioned that prayers in a place with a dog around is abominable (Makrooh).

What troubles me about the hadith with Gabriel is this, why would the most important angel of Allah not enter a house where Allah's creation lives? Think of the most evil person in this world that adheres to Islam, the angels have no issue entering their home, but a little pooch? Do you see what I'm getting at.

Imam Malik recorded a hadith in Al-Muwatta, the Prophet, peace and blessings upon him and his family, ordered that all dogs be killed. In other words he ordered a cull, now, why do we cull animals other than due to disease? Other than ritual impurity, it may be likely that undomesticated, or rather stray dogs, often carried disease that could pose huge risks to the early Muslim community.

4 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Lol, so lovely isn’t it! 

There are tons of clips like that but I am amazed every time I see how they react, respond and care. SubhanAllah indeed.

Just came across this cutie pie. :love:

A94FF3EF-6DD4-4397-B676-9F72071650B9.jpeg.d66137ad002fe9dfacd6fa508f4019ba.jpeg

You really do love Chows, you would have loved my mom's. :)

5 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Muslim cruelty or disdain of dogs is cultural or due to ignorance. But alhamdulillah such attitudes are gradually changing.

I love dogs, if only people realised how much they do for us.

Interesting. There seems to be a difference of opinion about why there are issues with dogs. Myself, my religion doesn't have much doings with " clean or unclean" critters, so I sweep up the floof because I like to keep my house clean and the birds appreciate the fuzz for their nests. 

Seems to me that getting fur on one would be an issue with just about every mammal and many of them( including cats) carry some of the same diseases as dogs ( rabies comes to mind). There might have been a good reason to avoid especially stray dogs in the past before vaccines, but cats were also dangerous.

I have several species on the place and , for me, when I keep a domestic animal, I have to try to meet all of its physical and psychological needs. My chickens are happiest free- ranging, but I have to protect them from predators. The rabbits need big sheltered cages to exercise in, a place to hide when startled, and they need to be able to see each other because their instinct is to live in a warren,so I have to replicate that as much as possible. Dogs are communal creatures, too. They need a pack. That's why ours are always with us in the house except when they go outside to piddle or do their jobs. I think it can create behavior issues in dogs to leave them alone outside. If I felt I had to do that due to my religion, I personally wouldn't have a dog at all.  They are dogs, though, not children. That's my other pet peeve.  They think like dogs,not humans. They have intelligence and emotions and deserve my affection,but they  don't need to wear clothes, get their nails painted, or sleep on your bed. They can sleep on their own , know their place, and respect their bosses' space. That works best around here, anyway.

10 hours ago, Klanky said:

I read that Zoroastrians were very fond of dogs and when Islam was becoming dominant in Iran the Muslims used to goad an torment the remaining Zoroastrians by being cruel to dogs and demeaning them and that's how the flat-out hostility to dogs became the norm. I dunno if it's true or not but it sounds plausible. 

hi it's completely a wrong idea ,I came from Zoroastrian background & never heard or see something like this the only thing that I heard is what forcing of Zoroastrian to jump over fire for humiliating them that it become a norm in "Chaharshanbeh Souri" that already this action condemed by Shia Marjas in Iran but it was some rullings about honoring Beaver that in Farsi we call it " water dog" "Sageh Abi" "سگ آبی" that now is abandoned between Zoroastrians