Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

58 minutes ago, Guest Haram Police said:

Why is there a fan club for dogs?

It is discouraged for a Muslim man to have dog in his house.

No one is encouraging others here to keep dogs inside the house.

On 4/23/2019 at 8:14 AM, 313 Seeker said:

When analysing the qur'anic verses that mention the dog of the cave, it refers to the dog as one of the companions, and does not differentiate. Allah numbers them as one, so according to this we should avoid insulting those creatures and ask ourselves why this fitna has happened. Why is it that every time Muslims think of dogs they think of dirt? Why do they not remember that they are talking about a full fledged member of the companions of the cave, who did not ruin the ambience or purity of the cave he inhabited. I have several theories why shaytan made this fitna, in case anybody is interested. Anybody else have any theories?

Dogs are not clean, it is scientifically proven. Their saliva carries many pathogens.

Edited by Ibn Al-Shahid

Animals in general (ourselves included) are carriers of various nasties. At least dogs don't sit around smearing themselves in saliva like cats do. Also, I think that is evidence that growing up around dogs and other pets is good for the immune system. Also, they're adorable.

11 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

I visited Istanbul last year and it was so heartwarming to see how much love the locals had for the stray dogs and cats. Every dog I saw had a tag on their ear to indicate they had been vaccinated so the tourists wouldn't be concerned about approaching the dogs to pet them or if the dogs/cats approached them. Even the shop owners were never seen to shoo the animals away if they went into the shops or sat right outside them. :) 

On 4/23/2019 at 7:40 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

7f28729de17e9b42c534b9c064442194.jpg

Chow Chow (looks like a teddy bear)

^ I had one or rather my mom did, she was a good girl. Very cat-like and at times, she could be very over protective. Hated all men except me and my grandfather. She was an excellent companion and Jinn detector, as her barks would remind me to careful in the dark. I never mentioned her in ShiaChat until because I wasn't sure how people would react since I was afraid of getting judged harshly  @Heavenly_Silk, @313 Seeker and @Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

On 4/23/2019 at 7:48 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

8a82bcddb5de425f3501954ac625fb6b.jpg

Caucasian Shepherd dog. Impressive beasts not to be messed with.

I been thinking and researching about getting one of these as a guide dog, so I can be independent and less reliant on people as a disabled person.