Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

I visited Istanbul last year and it was so heartwarming to see how much love the locals had for the stray dogs and cats. Every dog I saw had a tag on their ear to indicate they had been vaccinated so the tourists wouldn't be concerned about approaching the dogs to pet them or if the dogs/cats approached them. Even the shop owners were never seen to shoo the animals away if they went into the shops or sat right outside them. :) 

On 4/23/2019 at 7:40 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

7f28729de17e9b42c534b9c064442194.jpg

Chow Chow (looks like a teddy bear)

^ I had one or rather my mom did, she was a good girl. Very cat-like and at times, she could be very over protective. Hated all men except me and my grandfather. She was an excellent companion and Jinn detector, as her barks would remind me to careful in the dark. I never mentioned her in ShiaChat until because I wasn't sure how people would react since I was afraid of getting judged harshly  @Heavenly_Silk, @313 Seeker and @Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

On 4/23/2019 at 7:48 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

8a82bcddb5de425f3501954ac625fb6b.jpg

Caucasian Shepherd dog. Impressive beasts not to be messed with.

I been thinking and researching about getting one of these as a guide dog, so I can be independent and less reliant on people as a disabled person.

5 hours ago, Laayla said:

CATS ARE THE BOSS. :threatenlumber:

I am a cat person at heart having only owned cats and still do. But even I cannot deny that dogs do so much for us and their love and loyalty to us is incomparable. I hope to experience owning one, just not prepared to say goodbye, I'd imagine it is even more difficult as the bond is stronger.

1 hour ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

I am a cat person at heart having only owned cats and still do. But even I cannot deny that dogs do so much for us and their love and loyalty to us is incomparable. I hope to experience owning one, just not prepared to say goodbye, I'd imagine it is even more difficult as the bond is stronger.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum Brother,

I can understand owning dogs outside the home to use as a guard, hunting, and as a shepherd, even a dog at home to help the blind or disabled (while it has a different sleeping arrangement) but I don't agree with having a dog for leisure purposes.  How will you avoid it's saliva and do you know the extent of removing the najasat of the dog?  It's a lot of work to remove the impurity brother.  Why go through the bother?  

Some more pics to convince you to owning a dog.  :shifty:

Image result for ugly dogs  Image result for ugly dogsRelated image

Related image

Brother @Ibn al-Hussain  are you aware of the hadith of not keeping a dog inside the house because it prevents the angels from visiting the house?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Edited by Laayla

4 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Chinese Crested, hairless, dental issues and very prone to skin cancer. 

Are they naturally the ugliest things in the world or are they the result of over breeding? I'm sure they are as affectionate and fun as any other dog.

4 hours ago, Klanky said:

Are they naturally the ugliest things in the world or are they the result of over breeding? I'm sure they are as affectionate and fun as any other dog.

No, the dogs in the pictures are either mixed, old or possibly inbred. Here's a normal Chinese Crested:  Crested_Moletai_May_2014_4.jpg

He also comes in a  "powder puff" form as well:

Porky2-Copy-1.jpg

They were meant to catch rodents and keep the mentally challenged company. ^

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

1 minute ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Ovcharkra, means Shepherd in Russian. I like the size and protectiveness of them.

I think I've seen one. Not sure. Folks use big breeds like that for LGD's. I'm going to make do with my little Sammy.

This is Hachiko - a purebred Japanese Akita dog. 

image.jpeg.24483ebd1564642f10dfa4a84a76768c.jpeg

He is known for being extremely loyal to his owner of two years. His daily routine would be to wait at the local train station for his owner to return from work.

image.jpeg.2942d0ec755c25cd238f07ea8454d09d.jpeg

One day, the owner suffered a stroke whilst at work and would never return home. Hachiko was seen to go to that very same station to continue to wait for his master every single day for the next 10 years until his own death in 1935.

His story captivated the hearts of so many that there have been several movies made on him.

Image result for hachiko the dog movie

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, LeftCoastMom said:

A Russian Shepherd? I thought they used mostly Labs and GSD's for that.

You can use any dog really, but this guy is big enough to let me brace on him for support or help with getting up. I also like that he is not too trusting of strangers.

20 minutes ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

This is Hachiko - a purebred Japanese Akita dog. 

image.jpeg.24483ebd1564642f10dfa4a84a76768c.jpeg

He is known for being extremely loyal to his owner of two years. His daily routine would be to wait at the local train station for his owner to return from work.

image.jpeg.2942d0ec755c25cd238f07ea8454d09d.jpeg

One day, the owner suffered a stroke whilst at work and would never return home. Hachiko was seen to go to that very same station to continue to wait for his master every single day for the next 10 years until his own death in 1935.

His story captivated the hearts of so many that there have been several movies made on him.

Image result for hachiko the dog movie

image.jpeg

How I cried when I watched this. Wanted an Akita Inu ever since. 

Cried at Marley & Me too

You seen a Dog's Promise? I was sobbing, I only watched that last week.

Me basically

me-watching-a-movie-when-a-human-when-a-

17 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

How I cried when I watched this. Wanted an Akita Inu ever since. 

Cried at Marley & Me too

You seen a Dog's Promise? I was sobbing, I only watched that last week.

Me basically

me-watching-a-movie-when-a-human-when-a-

I am not sure how to react to your post lol. I wanted to use the crying emoji initially but then laughed when I saw that meme. I am the same, I can quite easily watch horror movies where people die but cry my eyes out when I see an animal die. 

If I’m honest, I haven’t seen any of them otherwise I’d be an emotional wreck. Just reading the story of Hachiko made me cry. 

A9DC8489-D0A0-48B3-9942-C77C37291DE4.gif.e593fbdcceed4133903f9e976a4ed1ab.gif

I read that Zoroastrians were very fond of dogs and when Islam was becoming dominant in Iran the Muslims used to goad an torment the remaining Zoroastrians by being cruel to dogs and demeaning them and that's how the flat-out hostility to dogs became the norm. I dunno if it's true or not but it sounds plausible. 

Lol I literally watched that Bulldog one earlier today.

My Youtube feed is basically Shi'ism, animals and occaisional boxing :grin:

SubhanAllah the second video, what did we do to deserve dogs :love:

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

11 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Lol I literally watched that Bulldog one earlier today.

My Youtube feed is basically Shi'ism, animals and occaisional boxing :grin:

SubhanAllah the second video, what did we do to deserve dogs :love:

Lol, so lovely isn’t it! 

There are tons of clips like that but I am amazed every time I see how they react, respond and care. SubhanAllah indeed.

Just came across this cutie pie. :love:

A94FF3EF-6DD4-4397-B676-9F72071650B9.jpeg.d66137ad002fe9dfacd6fa508f4019ba.jpeg

On 4/25/2019 at 2:25 PM, Guest Haram Police said:

Why is there a fan club for dogs?

Read these hadiths:

إِنَّ جَبْرَئِيلَ ع أَتَانِي فَقَالَ إِنَّا مَعَاشِرَ الْمَلَائِكَةِ لَا نَدْخُلُ بَيْتاً فِيهِ كَلْبٌ‏ وَ لَا تِمْثَالُ جَسَدٍ وَ لَا إِنَاءٌ يُبَالُ فِيهِ.

The Gabriel came to the Prophet and said: We angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog.

يُكْرَهُ أَنْ يَكُونَ فِي دَارِ الرَّجُلِ الْمُسْلِمِ الْكَلْبُ.

It is discouraged for a Muslim man to have dog in his house.

لَا خَيْرَ فِي الْكِلَابِ إِلَّا كَلْبَ‏ صَيْدٍ أَوْ كَلْبَ‏ مَاشِيَةٍ.

There is no benefit in dogs, except in hunting and as shepherds

مَا مِنْ أَحَدٍ يَتَّخِذُ كَلْباً إِلَّا نَقَصَ فِي كُلِّ يَوْمٍ مِنْ عَمَلِ صَاحِبِهِ قِيرَاطٌ.

Whoever keeps a dog loses a little portion of his good deeds everyday

لَا تُمْسِكْ كَلْبَ‏ الصَّيْدِ فِي الدَّارِ إِلَّا أَنْ يَكُونَ بَيْنَكَ وَ بَيْنَهُ بَابٌ.

Do not keep your hunting dog in your house except there is a door between you and him.

The fatwa of Ayatollah Seestani (rahimahullah):

Question: Is it permissible to keep a dog as a pet in my house?

Answer: It is better not to, and its preferable to choose another animal as a pet, as a dog is ritually impure (Najis) according to Islamic law, and thus it would cause one to live with considerable difficulty. It's also been mentioned that prayers in a place with a dog around is abominable (Makrooh).

What troubles me about the hadith with Gabriel is this, why would the most important angel of Allah not enter a house where Allah's creation lives? Think of the most evil person in this world that adheres to Islam, the angels have no issue entering their home, but a little pooch? Do you see what I'm getting at.

Imam Malik recorded a hadith in Al-Muwatta, the Prophet, peace and blessings upon him and his family, ordered that all dogs be killed. In other words he ordered a cull, now, why do we cull animals other than due to disease? Other than ritual impurity, it may be likely that undomesticated, or rather stray dogs, often carried disease that could pose huge risks to the early Muslim community.