Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Laayla

Muslims in the Entertainment World

Rate this topic

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

This is the garbage they want to portray to the Muslim youth in the West.  No self respect, no dignity, just how to make a quick buck and "do what everyone else is doing" basically assimilation and dismissing anything to what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wants or thinking about Day of Judgement, and "live the moment."

Imagine second, third, generation Muslims in America?  What would be left of their watered down religion?  

God hasten the return of sahab al 3sri wa zaman.  Here you have a so called Muslim collaborating with the mushreeken and showing to the world what a modern day version of an American Muslim looks like, mocking and planting satanic versions of what type of Americanized Islam (purposely spelt it this way) they want you to practice.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Ramy Hassan is a first generation Egyptian-American who is on a spiritual journey in his politically-divided New Jersey neighborhood. RAMY will bring a new perspective to the screen as it explores the challenges of what it’s like being caught between a Muslim community that thinks life is a moral test and a millennial generation that thinks life has no consequences. RAMY is a 10-episode half-hour comedy series written, executive produced, created by and starring Ramy Youssef, and executive produced by Jerrod Carmichael, A24’s Ravi Nandan, showrunner Bridget Bedard and co-creators Ari Katcher and Ryan Welch.

[Mod Note: WARNING: This video contains profanity, adult subject matter, music which may or may not be haram, etc. Proceed at your own discretion.]  

Edited by Hameedeh
Mod Note

Salam, Sister. I don't recommend any Muslim watch that video. It's seriously depressing, that people will watch that series and think this is what Muslims are like. Such foul language and sinful behavior. OMG!

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum Sister Hameedeh,

This is the reality we are living in dear sister.  This is not the first of it's kind.  I can show you numerous examples.  We were discussing it with other members in another forum.  I found about Rami Youssef through Stephen Colbert.

Sister, I know you are a responsible and God fearing parent, I have no worries about this affecting you or your family.  I'm worried about the youth here who takes the religion lightly and will think oh finally we are seen in a positive light, but this is actually very damaging and hurtful to the practicing and observing Muslims who are doing their best to submit and practice Islam correctly.

I bring this video to light, because I know this will cause or spark an interest to non Muslims first and to also remind our Muslim youth that this is not a healthy nor an accurate portrayal of Muslims.  This is done on purpose to downplay sin and think it is normal to do grave sins, Astgfor'Allah. 

Sister Hameedeh, if you think it is necessary to put a warning, go ahead and do so sister.  I respect and trust your judgement.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

6 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

I don't recommend any Muslim watch that video.

I never watch things like that. I don't even know who these people are. No Muslims should watch it as it gives these people a rise in popularity on you tube and plays part in conditioning our minds if we watch it. The mind is a amazing machine. It has the ability to absorb over two million pieces of information per second from the environment through our five senses. So my advice to everybody is do not let these evil doers install a chip, so to speak, in your mind because the information we perceive will likely to sit in your subconscious mind and influence your thoughts and behaviour. Shaitan is very manipulative.

:salam:

When Imam Mahdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) comes, all this filth will be removed from our everyday life. Until then, it seems Muslims are the last ones to remember there is a Heaven and a Hell. That is why they try to bring us down by installing doubt in us.

@Murtaza1

Assalam Alikum brother.

I respect your choice not to see the clip.  However, I'm raising awareness of what the entertainment industry wants to normalize to our youth.  I find it necessary to voice and bring a counterargument, in case people want to read that this show does not represent Muslim youth, and there are plenty of respectable, self dignified and God fearing millennial Muslims and this show in no way represents us, NOT IN OUR NAME!

Another show they are portraying Muslims is Little Mosque on the Prairie.

A Muslim community butts heads with locals when its new spiritual leader arrives. A small Muslim community in the prairies finally gets its own mosque - the problem is, it's in a church! Reverend Magee, who was tricked into the deal by the scheming Yasir, is suddenly very unpopular with his parishioners. The mosque's new Iman, Amaar Rashid arrives from the big city to smooth things over, but his easy charm and progressive ways do little to convince the locals that Muslims aren't simply a bunch of terrorists. A handshake deal between the new Imam and Reverend Magee ensures that Mercy's Muslims are here to stay. Little Mosque is the perfect show to Understand Islam for non Muslims مترجم

@Laayla

Sorry sister again I won't be interested in clicking on the video. Honestly I do not think it does Islam any good but damage by bringing it to people's attention. New generation of Muslim children could think it is okay to be this way. It sounds similar to concepts of television comedy in the United Kingdom as well when I used to keep up with such things. They use Islam as a vehicle and add different elements to manipulate peoples minds to think it represents Islamic values of behaviour.

Also the original 'Little House on the Prairie' drama from the 70's or 80's was more Islamic than this garbage because it focused on family values and it didn't ridicule anyone. I still love 'Little House on the Prairie' show along with the 'Waltons'.

Edited by Murtaza1

45 minutes ago, realizm said:

@Laayla

Little mosque was not harmful, though a bit stereotypical.

I thought it was cute, a good way to show people we’re “normal”. Sadly enough people can’t think we’re just like them in many ways. Why did you think it was stereotypical? I think the creator was a Muslima. 

Of course the show doesn't represent Islam or 'devout' Muslims, but it is a pretty accurate representation of many 'average' Muslim men here in the West... well at least 85-90% of the Muslim guys in my city. "I just want to be good, and as long as I'm good to people I should be ok having any type of 'fun' because God will forgive me since I was good" that's essentially the predominant mentality with some variations here and there.

The main character chose to follow some rules while he was unable give up on others such as abstaining from sex and dating.

It's so sad how idiotic our youth are becoming. All they want to do is to fit in society and compromise on their values. This actually hurts me because I always have to see my own siblings head in a similar direction. People are legit becoming blind. Our youth don't even bother doing taqleed anymore. It's about "how I feel" and "in my opinion".

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) hasten the appearance of Imam Mahdi (عليه السلام). Our Imams (عليه السلام) have told us to spend our youth in worship. Lets not ever be influenced by what society thinks of us. We are on the straight path and it's not worth compromising on our values to impress every John, Bob and Harry.

6 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

I thought it was cute, a good way to show people we’re “normal”. Sadly enough people can’t think we’re just like them in many ways. Why did you think it was stereotypical? I think the creator was a Muslima. 

Like how their whole life revolves around the mosque and community. Reminded me more of Mormons or Jehovah Witnesses. More inaccurate than stereotypical actually.

6 hours ago, dragonxx said:

Of course the show doesn't represent Islam or 'devout' Muslims, but it is a pretty accurate representation of many 'average' Muslim men here in the West... well at least 85-90% of the Muslim guys in my city. "I just want to be good, and as long as I'm good to people I should be ok having any type of 'fun' because God will forgive me since I was good" that's essentially the predominant mentality with some variations here and there.

I have rather seen youngsters indulging in bad stuff, but knowing it is bad and they will pay for their sins unless they repent and reform themselves.

Such shows tend to make people doubt this and focus on how they are 'good' and 'trying to find their way'.

Complete opposite of our holy figures and the Qur'an, which 'they' aka dajjali system try to suppress from our minds.

22 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I remember having read that a majority of young American Muslims were in favor of same sex marriage. So I don’t have so much hope anymore for American Muslims honnestly.

Well we'll all have to answer Allah on the day of judgement. I just hope our youth don't go to the extent of considering the act of homosexuality to be halal. God save us all.

Imam ((عليه السلام).) explained:

“There is no one who leaves this world while considering sodomy Halāl, but that Allah hits him with one of the stones that had fallen on the people of Hazrat Lut ((عليه السلام).).”

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

8 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

As a matter of fact the executive producer is Bahai.  And here is what she had to say.

Darling adds that portraying the religious differences between the Anglican and Muslim characters on Little Mosque meant navigating some murky waters.

“We were really interested in seeing those religions shoved together and sharing a space, and we get close [to addressing religious differences head-on] in a couple of episodes. We had to stay out of the territory of being dry and didactic and preachy,” Darling says.

Read more: http://playbackonline.ca/2012/03/30/is-little-mosque-on-the-prairie-headed-to-america/#ixzz5lu8JGoy5

Brother  @ali_fatheroforphans

Don't you see how some users on ShiaChat sneakily suggest following the path of haram when they bash mut3?  Our Muslim brothers have a choice between hallal and haram intercourse, you have a vocal group in ShiaChat who are critical of mut3 and comment against this practice.

Unfortunately, over the years we are seeing irl and in the forum people disrespecting marja3s and beleivers, disregarding mut3, downplaying hijab/modesty, and encouraging sin.  

God keep us steadfast and we seek refuge from Allah from the accursed Shaytan.

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

Edited by Laayla

12 minutes ago, Laayla said:

Don't you see how some users on ShiaChat sneakily suggest following the path of haram when they bash mut3?  Our Muslim brothers have a choice between hallal and haram intercourse, you have a vocal group in ShiaChat who are critical of mut3 and comment against this practice.

Well Sister, yeah I do reckon our community needs to be less judgemental when a mu'min brother/sister goes ahead with something halal. We really make it difficult for the youth out there and don't explain the solutions provided by our Imams (عليه السلام). It's okay to be aware of the pros and cons, but no one has the right to judge anyone who does mut'ah.

Watched the first episode, did not expect much. Worse than I imagined, terrible acting, badly researched - they couldn't even depict the Sunni way of wudhu correctly?

The sister being foul mouthed in front of her parents and to her brother was also cringe and unrealistic.

As was the depiction of the halal dating/introduction meeting.

The main character is clearly trying to copy Donald Glover's style in the series Atlanta.

Anyway, very poor, wont be watching further.

I rate it 0/5.

46 minutes ago, Laayla said:

As a matter of fact the executive producer is Bahai.  And here is what she had to say.

if producer is Bahai then nobody must watches it  & it contains harmful message under it's layer ,any coherance or helping Bahai is Haram because they are out of religion & deny Prophet Muhammad (pbu) as last Prophet also they say Qur'an is expired & people must follow their book.