Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sri Lanka reels from deadly attacks

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Sri Lanka was rocked by a wave of deadly bombings on Easter Sunday that targeted churches and high-end hotels. Here's the latest:

• Officials say 290 people were killed and another 500 people were injured in the suicide attacks
  • Most of the dead are Sri Lankan nationals, but about 35 people from other countries are believed to have been killed
  • No-one has admitted carrying out the attacks, but the government has blamed a local jihadist group known as the National Thowheed Jamath
  • Police have so far arrested 24 people in a series of raids
  • There was another blast on Monday near a church in the capital, Colombo, as security forces tried to defuse explosives inside a vehicle that was used by the attackers
  • Veteran Member
4 minutes ago, zafa said:

No-one has admitted carrying out the attacks, but the government has blamed a local jihadist group known as the National Thowheed Jamath

Whoever these clowns are, they need to first learn how to spell before understanding what Tawhid is.

• Veteran Member
53 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I suspect that those who commit that are buddisht extremists and I have really difficulties to believe what the Sri Lankan government said about the suspect perpetrators. At least for the moment. 

The idea of one extremist group mimicking another to point a finger is not foreign. Even governments have been accused of staging attacks to continue a war, or...add leverage to gun control. 

• Advanced Member

Does anyone know of the doctrinal backgrounds about these "Islamist" terrorists? I would be curious what sect these murderers are associated with. I highly doubt they are Shia, Ibadi, Sufi, or any one of the mainstream Sunni sects. 

6 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

It doesn't matter. Buddhist extremist or Islamist terrorists or White Supremacist terrorists, they all are going to fry side by side in hell. 

Well on principles I could agree with you but I prefer that when people murder 300 innocents they don't revendicate it in the name of my religion. 

• Advanced Member
35 minutes ago, ChristianVisitor said:

Does anyone know of the doctrinal backgrounds about these "Islamist" terrorists? I would be curious what sect these murderers are associated with. I highly doubt they are Shia, Ibadi, Sufi, or any one of the mainstream Sunni sects. 

Hi , if it be radical Muslim act they will be Wahabists/Salafis or Sunnis that affected with their ideology because Buddhists nearly one year ago attacked to Sunni Muslims there Shia Muslims are very small minority there & nobody knows about them but also radical Buddhists can be candidates 

• Advanced Member

video on entering suicide bomber to Katuwapitiya church (without violence & explosion) Lanka Truth (local news site)

http://fa.abna24.com/news/خبری/فیلم-لحظه-ورود-یکی-از-مهاجمان-انتحاری-حملات-سریلانکا-به-کل_750537.html

799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9_618.jpg

Edited by Ashvazdanghe
  • Advanced Member
13 hours ago, ChristianVisitor said:

Always they are Wahhabis/“Salafis”/Deobandis. Once the news from Sri Lanka started coming in, I knew immediately who was behind the suicide bombings.. Let’s all be honest, it’s never the Sufis, Shias, Ahmadis, and even mainstream Sunnis but Wahhabis. They always have those catchy names such as “Partisans of Sahaba”, “Guardians of Monotheism” etc. The biggest irony is that they never target those that truly and realistically harm Islam and Muslims, but in 90%+ cases their victims are innocent civilians. 

• Basic Members
22 hours ago, zafa said:

Sri Lanka was rocked by a wave of deadly bombings on Easter Sunday that targeted churches and high-end hotels. Here's the latest:

• Officials say 290 people were killed and another 500 people were injured in the suicide attacks
  • Most of the dead are Sri Lankan nationals, but about 35 people from other countries are believed to have been killed
  • No-one has admitted carrying out the attacks, but the government has blamed a local jihadist group known as the National Thowheed Jamath
  • There was another blast on Monday near a church in the capital, Colombo, as security forces tried to defuse explosives inside a vehicle that was used by the attackers

this is horrible, may Allah help those families that suffer

• Advanced Member

My condolences to the victims of the bombings in Sri Lanka. No one deserve to be killed in the middle of prayer. Whether Christian, Muslims, Buddhist, Hindu or any other religion.

It looks like that the perpetrators was Muslims inspired by or under the influence of Wahabi/Salafi ideology. These attacks look very similar to what the takfiri groups has been doing in Iraq and Syria. This makes me wonder what these people are thinking. How do they justify killing innocent people in the middle of prayer let alone blowing themselves up in the process? Have these people not read the Qur'an? Who came up with the idea that it was OK to commit suicide while killing others?

Apparently their motive would have been a "revenge" for the Christchurch massacre in New Zealand. But how does that make sense? If two wrongs make a right does two rights make a wrong? The effect of such a revenge would much likely be polarizing the communities and inspire yet more people to make similar atrocities. Why does these groups want this polarization? I wouldnt be surprised if they did this under the influence of their financial backers in Saudi-Arabia and in the Trump administration. I wouldn't be surprised if Bolton made the completely illogical claim that Iran was behind it. Only to justify animosity towards Iran and to boost the American arms industry.

• Advanced Member

c6adc57f6f404881110e3bbcf87722d7_693.png

("Amaq News Agency"the ISIS news agency):A security source told us that the attackers who targeted citizens of coalition countries [America]and Nasarai [Christians] in Sri Lanka in the last two days are Islamic State fighters.

http://fa.abna24.com/news/اخبار-آسیای-مرکزی-و-شبه-قاره/داعش-مسئولیت-حملات-تروریستی-سریلانکا-را-برعهده-گرفت_750610.html

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

c6adc57f6f404881110e3bbcf87722d7_693.png

("Amaq News Agency"the ISIS news agency):A security source told us that the attackers who targeted citizens of coalition countries [America]and Nasarai [Christians] in Sri Lanka in the last two days are Islamic State fighters.

http://fa.abna24.com/news/اخبار-آسیای-مرکزی-و-شبه-قاره/داعش-مسئولیت-حملات-تروریستی-سریلانکا-را-برعهده-گرفت_750610.html

Daesh claims responsibility for all the terrorist attacks since 2014, regardless if they were involved or not. Their press release is idiotic because the main victims were Sri Lankan civilians, not militaries from the “Coalition” that targeted them. Those people are known to take Captagon and it ate away their brains. 

• Advanced Member

It takes a real " special" kind of human to shoot up a mosque on Friday or blow up a church on Easter Sunday. I've had Muslims offering me condolences all week. I hope they know I don't think of them and the bombers as even being from the same planet, figuratively. I suspect and hope  they don't put most Christians in the same category as the walking garbage pile that shot up a mosque.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

I suspect and hope  they don't put most Christians in the same category as the walking garbage pile that shot up a mosque.

Thanks , they don’t represent any Muslim but they use such excuses to kill people in name of Islam both groups that attacked christchurch mosque & Srilanka churches are product of global zionism that are following policy of “divide & conquer” between Christians & Muslims 

• Moderators

Who is Maulvi Zahran Hashim, the Sri Lankan bombings' mastermind? His hate-filled sermons addressed to the youth called for establishing Islamic rule in Southern parts of India as well as Sri Lanka. 

https://www.ibtimes.co.in/who-zahran-hashim-sri-lanka-attack-mastermind-college-dropout-who-once-studied-India-796588

• Advanced Member
On 4/22/2019 at 6:07 PM, zafa said:

Iam quite disappointed this area in central Asia including Pakistan, Iran , Iraq , Afghanistan etc are in danger and peace here is difficult infact whole world lacks peace, who can forget Saddam Hussain? May Allah keep us protected with maniacs here 

• Advanced Member

Statement of Ahlul Bayt World Assembly to condemn terrorist crimes in Sri Lanka

http://en.abna24.com/news//statement-Ahlul Bayt-world-assembly-to-condemn-terrorist-crimes-in-sri-lanka_938706.html

April 28, 2019 - 4:27 PM News Code : 938706 Source : ABNA24Link: 

Ahlul Bayt World Assembly has issued a statement on condemnation of terrorist attacks in Sri Lanka. 

The full text of the Assembly’s statement is as follows: 

In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful 

Once again, the criminal hands of fanatical and cruel extremists shed the blood of innocent civilians in the temples and churches of Sri Lanka. The doctrine of extremism has always been a source of violence, massacre, murder and assassination throughout history. Today, it is exploited as an instrument in the hands of colonialists to develop their arrogant intentions in the world. 

Islamic law, or Sharia, is a religion of tolerance. It has always emphasized interreligious dialogue and peaceful coexistence as a fundamental principle. 

The Ahlul Bayt ((عليه السلام).) World Assembly, based on its central duty to protect the oppressed around the world, condemns the brutal and inhuman crimes in Sri Lanka and urges international human rights organizations and, in particular, the United Nations, to take serious and decisive steps for combating terrorism and extremism. 

Other international organizations, including the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation, are also expected to take an explicit and timely stances in this regard. 

We also call on the Sri Lankan judiciary to resolutely put on trial all mercenaries who have committed this hideous crime in the country. 

In the end, we express our sympathy with the families of the victims of the terrorist incidents, and wish the injured ones to be healed soon. 

"And the wrongdoers will soon know at what goal they will end up" 

The Ahlul Bayt ((عليه السلام).) World Assembly 

Tehran, 27 April 2019 

Statement of Ahlulbayt World Assembly to condemn terrorist crimes in Sri Lanka

• Veteran Member
On 4/24/2019 at 1:44 PM, LeftCoastMom said:

It takes a real " special" kind of human to shoot up a mosque on Friday or blow up a church on Easter Sunday. I've had Muslims offering me condolences all week. I hope they know I don't think of them and the bombers as even being from the same planet, figuratively. I suspect and hope  they don't put most Christians in the same category as the walking garbage pile that shot up a mosque.

Nah these guys are just like the gang members in Chicago 

Are violent 

Need a cause to belong to 

Zero empathy 

Racist  or ideological fascist (whether they are white brown or black themselves )

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Report:

Daesh turning to Indian Ocean region

http://en.abna24.com/news//daesh-turning-to-Indian-ocean-region_953037.html

June 20, 2019 - 5:59 PM News Code : 953037 Source : Press TVLink: 

Daesh turning to Indian Ocean region

Terrorists from the Daesh group are likely to conduct attacks in India and Sri Lanka, a report says, citing intelligence. 

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Sri Lanka bans protests against Shia Muharram ceremony

https://en.abna24.com/news//sri-lanka-bans-protests-against-Shia-Muharram-ceremony_973300.html

September 2, 2019 - 6:03 PM News Code : 973300 Source : IQNALink: 

Sri Lanka bans protests against Shia Muharram ceremony

A Sri Lankan court Sunday banned two ultra-nationalist Buddhist organizations from demonstrating against a major Shia ceremony, the first on the island since the deadly Easter Sunday suicide bombings. 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): A Sri Lankan court Sunday banned two ultra-nationalist Buddhist organizations from demonstrating against a major Shia ceremony, the first on the island since the deadly Easter Sunday suicide bombings. 

Police spokesman Ruwan Gunasekera said Colombo Magistrate’s court issued restraining orders against the two groups led by Buddhist monks who planned to disrupt a gathering in Colombo of Shias, AFP reported. 

An estimated 25,000 adherents from around the world have been meeting in Colombo since Saturday for a 10-day religious event culminating with Ashura. 

It commemorates the 7th century martyrdom of Prophet Muhammad’s ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) grandson, Imam Hussein (عليه السلام). 

Gunasekera said police had information that two nationalist groups were planning to disrupt the event in the capital, where police and troops have stepped up security. 

It was not immediately clear what the groups were planning, but nationalist groups have usually taken a hardline stand against religious minorities in the Buddhist majority nation of 21 million people. 

Sections of a key road near the main Shia Husseini mosque have been shut to accommodate the large number of mourners. 

The Shia ceremony takes place just over four months after coordinated bomb attacks against three Christian churches and three hotels left at least 258 people dead and nearly 500 wounded. 

The Sri Lankan government has blamed the coordinated attacks on a little known local extremist group, while the Daesh terrorist group also claimed responsibility two days after the April 21 bombings. 

The majority Buddhist country has been on edge since the bombings, but authorities last month relaxed a four-month-old state of emergency which gave wide powers to police and troops to arrest and detain suspects for long periods.