Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Recommended Posts

Salam everyone, 

Should Iran allow and facilitate the immigration of non Iranians to Iran? Give them iranian citizenship, allow them to own properties etc? By non Iranians I mean Shia Muslims from other countries who would want to integrate in the Islamic society whose foundations were laid down at the time of revolution.

I must admit I am not very well informed on the subject but as far as I know a large area of Iran is uninhabited. Economic resources might be an issue but that can be tackled since the influx of people will bring some resources and generate others as the people settle down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walaikum as salam. Each country has a responsibility towards its citizens. There is no reason why Iran or any other country should facilitate immigration for anyone unless it somehow benefits their economy, society or development. 

Asylum for humanitarian purposes is the only other reason but this should be done within sustainable limits (not like what is currently happening in Europe)

Wallahu a'lam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not talking about asylum and I am not talking a mass influx of immigrants either.I meant a carefully controlled long term work and later on maybe citizenship option for skilled and professional Shia people who might be interested in moving from a non Islamic country to a Shia country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an iranian I would with a lot of pleasure encourage such things. But absolutely not now. Currently Iran face many social and economic problems and have a lot of difficulties to help all iranian citizens so this is not at all the moment to welcome other immigrants. If these problems are resolved I would be among the first ones to welcome non iranian Shias to do their hijras to Iran and help to build a better Islamic society. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it assumed the non iranians moving there will be seeking help, support or some other form of "giving" from the Iranian government? Perhaps it is an investor with a significant pool of resources who would like to settle and set up shop in Iran. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This ^^  and it might increase tourism too. Hardly anyone visits Iran except for Ziyarahs despite the country having such a rich culture and history.

If Shia people from other countries are living there, it would bring visitors others than zaairs, who will spend money. I know it would be very small, totally insignificant but my point is, Shia foreigners settling there won't be a burden on the country in anyway. But I feel IRI isn't not very open to visitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

Why is it assumed the non iranians moving there will be seeking help, support or some other form of "giving" from the Iranian government? Perhaps it is an investor with a significant pool of resources who would like to settle and set up shop in Iran. 

Salam , it’s a good idea but all of these years against what Authorities in government are claiming about supporting welcoming foreign investors in reality the investors are facing with corrupted authorities that their purpose is just taking bribes from them & stealing their money & even investors can pass this phase they must face with jealous persons that are trying to stop their investment with help of corrupted authorities also we don’t have proper laws for supporting these investors & nobody in parliament cares about fixing this problem beside that people don’t have good mentality about them because many times frauds in name of foreign investors steal wealth of people & then left people in worse economical condition .

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, starlight said:

This ^^  and it might increase tourism too. Hardly anyone visits Iran except for Ziyarahs despite the country having such a rich culture and history.

If Shia people from other countries are living there, it would bring visitors others than zaairs, who will spend money. I know it would be very small, totally insignificant but my point is, Shia foreigners settling there won't be a burden on the country in anyway. But I feel IRI isn't not very open to visitors.

It’s true but because of bad management of Authorities in all governments until now a group of people of Iran see other Shias that are coming to Iran as invaders for example some groups special from reformists party that have dominance in parliament & government before starting Arbaeen tried to show Iraqis as rapist that are coming to Mashhad for sexual pleasure & rape Iranian girls & now when Hashd ‘al’shabi members came to help victims of flood tried to show their help as newraid of Iraq to Iran & violating borders of Iran but it’s a bit more complex matter that some hardliners & some people from other groups were also behind reformist in these two matters only a few people that are really loyal to Imam Khamenei are trying to fix these problems but they are few in numbers & resourcs .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, starlight said:

Should Iran allow and facilitate the immigration of non Iranians to Iran? Give them iranian citizenship, allow them to own properties etc? By non Iranians I mean Shia Muslims from other countries who would want to integrate in the Islamic society

You mean like all the Salafis who went to live with DAESH who now live in refugee camps? :ko:  I can to some extend understand that point of view and I think that Iran would be a much more pleasant place to live and a lot safer. At least until the Americans start bombing. I don't know if it would contribute all that much to the Iranian economy though. The more religious, the less you think of material things. I think that the reformist would probably be afraid that such emigrant would not vote for their parties. And I think that many Iranians would not like to have to many Arabs from Iraq and Saudi-Arabia living in their country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Revert1963 said:

I think that many Iranians would not like to have to many Arabs from Iraq and Saudi-Arabia living in their countr

Yeah.. Iranians aren't the most inclusive of nations.:censored:

12 minutes ago, Revert1963 said:

I don't know if it would contribute all that much to the Iranian economy though

I knew it won't be much of a boost for economy, at least not initially bit they won't be a burden either. I had religious reasons in mind. 

14 minutes ago, Revert1963 said:

At least until the Americans start bombing

InshaAllah that's never going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, starlight said:

I meant InshaAllah for America to never have the couarge to bomb Iran.

Yes I understood that and InshaAllah they will not do that, but I am still a little worried that they might do that in their arrogance anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

Walaikum as salam. Each country has a responsibility towards its citizens. There is no reason why Iran or any other country should facilitate immigration for anyone unless it somehow benefits their economy, society or development. 

Asylum for humanitarian purposes is the only other reason but this should be done within sustainable limits (not like what is currently happening in Europe)

Wallahu a'lam

Iran should accept all nonirani Shias who want to immigrate there and expel its Sunni Jewish Christian Iranians...exchange on a one to one basis 

I would go further  Why don't the iranian  government expel the non religious Iranians and accept religious Shias from indo Pakistan? I'm sure a lot of them will migrate and create the perfect religious society free of dissents

What do my iranian friends here think ?

 

Edited by Panzerwaffe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam , it’s a good idea but all of these years against what Authorities in government are claiming about supporting welcoming foreign investors in reality the investors are facing with corrupted authorities that their purpose is just taking bribes from them & stealing their money & even investors can pass this phase they must face with jealous persons that are trying to stop their investment with help of corrupted authorities also we don’t have proper laws for supporting these investors & nobody in parliament cares about fixing this problem beside that people don’t have good mentality about them because many times frauds in name of foreign investors steal wealth of people & then left people in worse economical condition .

Non Iranians not being there has not stopped the corrupt elite from getting stronger. If anything, they have no competition in the power they exert of the masses, and so become more powerful and above the law. A good number of decent immigrants sometimes help put things in perspective and create a standard against which powerful cliques need to prove they are better than. 

 

I don’t think enough can be said about the non economic benefits of mixing. It would enable the every day Iranian exposure to a world outside their own.. so that not everything "khariji" becomes so vague and amazing. All you need to sell a normal good quality iranian sofre (table mat) is say it is khariji quality. Worrying. Very worrying. In essence it makes people very more likely to be "gharbi zadeh" than if they interacted with more people from all over the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

expel its Sunni Jewish Christian Iranians...exchange on a one to one basister 

'Expel' sounds a bit harsh.Its been their country for hundreds of years. If they want to leave willingly they can. Also, the Muslims who feel hijab is oppression and not being allowed to watch football games is the biggest tragedy of their lives. 

Edited by starlight
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Iran should accept all nonirani Shias who want to immigrate there and expel its Sunni Jewish Christian Iranians...exchange on a one to one basis 

I would go further  Why don't the iranian  government expel the non religious Iranians and accept religious Shias from indo Pakistan? I'm sure a lot of them will migrate and create the perfect religious society free of dissents

What do my iranian friends here think ?

It’s completely unacceptable by any Iranian ,we live hundred of years despite of all of our differences also this diversity many times saved Iran from destroying by its enemies ,Iranian culture is based on acceptance every nation & thought until it doesn’t hurt Iran before Islam many people from Greece & Jewish people were living inside Iran & Greek people were a part of Iranian Army also ones from Macedonia that invaded in army of Alexander digested in Iranian nation & culture after invading Muslims ,Iranians changed them to civilized people & write both Shia & Sunni main books & after invading moguls changed them to civilized people 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thsts extremely disheartening that you are accepting nonshias and irreligious Persian speakers over religious nonpersian Shias 

You changed "Muslims to civilized people " really so the first generation Muslims who brought you Islam were barbarians?

But I guess you are being honest 

Thanks your reply was pretty much what I had expected ...

Edited by Panzerwaffe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Thsts extremely disheartening that you are accepting nonshias and irreligious Persian speakers over religious nonpersian Shias 

But I guess you are being honest 

Thanks your reply was pretty much what I had expected ...

This guy won’t get any 'rewards' for his actions, he thinks he will, but it’s just a waste of time. He told me that I’d get banned, if I referenced Khomeini’s words on the 'caliphs,' because it’d cause 'sectarianism.'

Weird belief, I swear to God. It’s just like the Wahhabi belief, they say: 'Don't speak of the wars that happened between the companions, it's not important.' He's doing the same, thinking God will reward him for it...

Only if he and his likes were more frank, honest and straightforward to people, more people would’ve converted, but their sugarcoating and flattering isn’t doing us any good.

Edited by Simon the Canaanite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Panzerwaffe said:

Iran should accept all nonirani Shias who want to immigrate there and expel its Sunni Jewish Christian Iranians...exchange on a one to one basis 

I would go further  Why don't the iranian  government expel the non religious Iranians and accept religious Shias from indo Pakistan? I'm sure a lot of them will migrate and create the perfect religious society free of dissents

I am not Iranian, but I think that is a very bad idea. Iran is what it is because of its diversity. The Sunis, the Jews, the Christians and the Zoroastrians also believe in the same God as Shias. Why should they be excluded from society? If you would want to expel all non religious, then you would have to define "non-religious."  It is my impression that even though many Iranians don't follow strict Shia teachings, hate hijab and love alcohol, most of them still believe in God under some form. And what about the Sufis?
Maybe you would also like to blow up Persepolis the way Palmyra was blown up? That would be terrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...