Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ali_fatheroforphans

Who's Pakistani in this forum?

Rate this topic

Walaikuma salam,

My parents are from Pakistan Karachi. I only visited there last time in 1991.

I guess Pakistan beats Iraq in population. 30 million Iraqis V 200 million Pakistanis or 1.3 billion on the Indian subcontinent. There was also a thread about the Lebanese but I think their population is only 6 million I was shocked to find that out lol

Oh I forgot to mention that I also  have connections to Pakistan Air Force through a relative on a high post that flew F 16 fighter jets and once took charge of the country's whole army as an emergency call back in the late 80's, I remember him pacing with big radios in the lawn that night. Seeing fighter jets take off and land at close range started my interest in aviation from a young age and I considered joining the Belgium Air Force later in life. 

15 minutes ago, Murtaza1 said:

Oh I forgot to mention that I also  have connections to Pakistan Air Force through a relative on a high post that flew F 16 fighter jets and once took charge of the country's whole army as an emergency call back in the late 80's, I remember him pacing with big radios in the lawn that night. Seeing fighter jets take off and land at close range started my interest in aviation from a young age and I considered joining the Belgium Air Force later in life. 

Yeah I remember you told us about your relative elsewhere too when you mentioned how little you knew about Pakistan. :coffee:

7 hours ago, starlight said:

Yeah I remember you told us about your relative elsewhere too when you mentioned how little you knew about Pakistan. :coffee:

I'm not sure if I said that I knew too little about Pakistan. Yes I guess I haven't visited Pakistan for 30 years but I have worked with some fresh stock of arrivals from Pakistan in the United Kingdom including celebrities, I interviewed singer Ali Zafar in the United Kingdom and still meet ordinary Pakistanis that come over and my relatives still travel there. Also the world is a lot smaller and closer now because of social media. I guess I can also say I know a lot more about Pakistan than most Pakistanis through my Pakistan air force connections. 

16 minutes ago, Murtaza1 said:

I'm not sure if I said that I knew too little about Pakistan.

At first I did not know there was a war going on between Pakistan and India

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235061298-pak-vs-India/?do=findComment&comment=3209593

I was referring to this ^^^ but of course, your Air Force connections :rolleyes: 

17 minutes ago, starlight said:

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235061298-pak-vs-India/?do=findComment&comment=3209593

I was referring to this ^^^ but of course, your Air Force connections :rolleyes: 

Oh yes that's right. I see your point but that's because I don’t watch or read the news. I also don't keep up with my relatives anymore but I could if I wanted to, my connections are still there. It doesn't change the fact that my parents are from Karachi. 

Edited by Murtaza1

10 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

I only visited there last time in 1991.

to be honest Islamabad is worth it imo. I might be a bit biased but yeah defs go to Islamabad.

I haven't been to Pakistan for about 10 years now, but inshallah I'll go at the end of this year.

8 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

to be honest Islamabad is worth it imo. I might be a bit biased but yeah defs go to Islamabad.

I haven't been to Pakistan for about 10 years now, but inshallah I'll go at the end of this year.

Lahore!!!! NOTHING.BEATS.LAHORE.

Islamabad is beautiful but it doesn't have the history or the lively charm of Lahore.

@ali_fatheroforphans

Inshalah yes I have been told Islamabad is very different than Karachi, naturally any distant city in a country will be different than another. In the United Kingdom there are vast differences in regional dialects between cities situated not too far away from each other. Personalities are also different I have noticed that in Pakistanis I have met in the United Kingdom as well that come from Islamabad. I think Islamabad is more fun and liberal than Karachi. 

11 minutes ago, starlight said:

Islamabad is beautiful but it doesn't have the history or the lively charm of Lahore.

Yes I agree. I have worked with people from Lahore in the United Kingdom. Lahoris are definitely fun without trying, a bit quite but very genuine and charming imo. 

Edited by Murtaza1

10 minutes ago, starlight said:

If you ever visit Murree In Islamabad, that's enough to convince you that Islamabad > Lahore.

Also I'm not sure but I've heard that our biryani is better? maybe I'm wrong.

Just now, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Murree

Murree ...Hah! Lahore fort with its palace of mirrors, Masjid wazir khan, Canal road, Badshahi mosque, early morning Halwa puri,channay and Lassi ka nashta to name a few. Islamabad can't even come close and murree isn't even in islamabad 

10 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Title should be who is NOT Pakistani

Lahoris are a lot more fun than Karachites 

Growing up most of my friends were punjabi even in Karachi 

15 minutes ago, starlight said:

murree isn't even in islamabad 

Well technically it does come in the Islamabad/Rawalpindi area.

15 minutes ago, starlight said:

Masjid wazir khan

Faisal Mosque all the way. Also, you'll love Blue Area!

17 minutes ago, starlight said:

Halwa puri,channay and Lassi ka nashta to name a fe

Islamabad has Monal Restaurant! It's on the hills.

Btw our biryani is actual biryani, not like pallow.