Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

[Closed/Review]Being Muslim and Gay

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
50 minutes ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Honestly this is so messed up, what has our religion turned into,

Salam this happens when we are trying to satisfy non Muslims from ourselves by nay means & with any cost but as holy Qur'an says they won't satisfy from us until we leave Islam & join to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's say a corrupt sheikh went ahead and married two people of the same sex, it would still be invalid in the eyes of God.  Even if the whole world 7 billion people all agreed with same sex marriage,

Islam is silent on "being" gay.  Sexual activity outside of marriage is prohibited.  Therefore, whether homosexuality is biological or socio-cultural is irrelevant. Orientation does not dict

[Note from Mod: This topic has been temporarily closed for review by a moderator pending one of the following actions: 1) Cleanup: Topic will be reviewed, inappropriate posts will be deleted foll

Posted Images

  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, TryHard said:

Na he’s even been to America back in 87 you should research more before you start ignorantly insulting one of Islam’s greatest scholars.

Ok he's a man of the world, I accept it but I still say his words as quoted show clearly how his concept of morality is warped in the extreme. Surely there must be a better person to whom people could outsource their critical thinking on complex moral issues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
5 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam your information based on MSM fake claims that also claims Iran hangs them

Iran hangs homosexuals when there are cases of rape or drug smuggling, as far as I'm concerned. They don't judge people solely for homosexuality, and I can give them the benefit of the doubt as I am not completely sure about that. It is for this very reason I haven't mentioned Iran legal and social treatment of LGBT people. I have no interest in discussing something that is potentially fake when there are more significant facts that aren't.

In the case of Iraq, go tell fairy tales to other people. All of this is properly documented and a reality in Iraq. There aren't conspiracy theories nor agendas here, just monsters killing gays in the name of Islam.

But if you don't want to believe that, I'm not going to try to convince you. Flat Earth believers think that Australia is a NASA invention and aussies are paid actors.

(Don't react with angry face to my posts for God's sake Ashvaz lol, I'm not saying anything from the other world)

Edited by Bakir
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
6 hours ago, TryHard said:

it needs to be done in a harsher manner

And how is that right? At some point, you need to accept them for who they are. At some point, you need to start treating them like normal.

 

6 hours ago, TryHard said:

insulting for simply being gay no not necessarily but for actions like sodomy and homosexual relations he would surely condemn it.

Definitely not for Non-Muslims. Because it doesn't make you an evil or good person.

 

6 hours ago, TryHard said:

Where did I say go force people to convert to Islam? Why are you making things up? I’m not despicable your being outright foolish.

Forceful against the disbelievers. What the heck does that mean then?

 

6 hours ago, TryHard said:

Astaghfirullah authibillah you speak about such a great man  and scholar (ha) with such contempt.

He called countries corrupt for legalising homosexuality. He said that gay people are gay because they're greedy. If the quote you said is true, then yes, he's homophobic.

 

6 hours ago, TryHard said:

he called Imam Khamenei (ha) corrupt that’s an insult if I ever heard one.

I called him corrupt? I can't remember if I did, could you quote where I said that if you can? I think you might have been referring to the other user?

 

5 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

but he temporary  removed this rule based on his divine authority for fighting  against homosexuality  

That's... Let me try to find a way to say this without it being seen as insulting Lut.

I don't agree with that. (That's not insulting anyone)

5 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

But I treat them the same way as straight people. I say that they must marry a woman like straight people. 

There was a whole almost-discussion about that earlier. It's a terrible practice imo. First, it's a loveless marriage. It's terrible for the gay person and their mental health, and for the straight partner, it's really bad too. She's being lied to and she's with someone who can't love her: https://www.bbc.co.United Kingdom/news/United Kingdom-england-41899363

It's objectifying the straight partner, because they're just a tool.

3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam this happens when we are trying to satisfy non Muslims from ourselves by nay means & with any cost but as holy Qur'an says they won't satisfy from us until we leave Islam & join to them.

I'm so confused. I thought the guy was saying the executions were messed up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
4 minutes ago, gayboyanon said:

I can't remember if I did, could you quote where I said that if you can? I think you might have been referring to the other user?

You didn't, you just said it was homophobic. And, at least, the quoted speech, was homophobic, and that won't change regardless of who say it.

However, you were called despicable for sharing that opinion and nothing happens. You weren't insulted more out of fear of mods. Now I ask what mods? Isn't that insult already out of place? Srsly guys... It's like everything is allowed when it is against homosexuals unless we report it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
15 minutes ago, gayboyanon said:

 

There was a whole almost-discussion about that earlier. It's a terrible practice imo. First, it's a loveless marriage. It's terrible for the gay person and their mental health, and for the straight partner, it's really bad too. She's being lied to and she's with someone who can't love her: https://www.bbc.co.United Kingdom/news/United Kingdom-england-41899363

 

So just don't marry. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

So just don't marry. 

And that's not fair to gay people. They don't get companionship,

On 6/6/2019 at 8:56 PM, Bakir said:

I haven't checked Islamic Pulse content, may take a look to see what they have to say lol (I better grab some popcorn).

It gets so ridiculous. Their Mackinations series, is pretty much just LGBT content. Their first one is, whatever. Later on, their arguments get so ridiculous, like when they say Freud was bad, so homosexuality is bad. And their latest episode they show a video of Steven Anderson: A Pastor who's called for the deaths of gay people before. And they say that the news reader was wrong for calling him hateful when he was trying to call for gay peoples' deaths. Most of their videos in the series are fear-mongering, and promoting hatred of the West.

The only good thing I have to say about Islamic Pulse is that at least they didn't post their hatred during Ramadan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
14 minutes ago, gayboyanon said:

And that's not fair to gay people. They don't get companionship,

Listen I don't know what you are trying to say or prove here but if you are waiting an approbation of homosexuality you will not find it. Islam is against homosexuality that is the end of the story so if you are homosexual try to change it or at least go outside the Muslim community. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Listen I don't know what you are trying to say or prove here but if you are waiting an approbation of homosexuality you will not find it. Islam is against homosexuality that is the end of the story so if you are homosexual try to change it or at least go outside the Muslim community. 

You know exactly what I'm trying to say, you just don't want to admit I'm right. It's not right for gay people to marry someone of the opposite sex. It's not right for them to stay alone. The only way is for them to find love in the same sex. Even if you don't agree with gay marriage, or gay sex, relationships don't need that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
21 minutes ago, gayboyanon said:

You know exactly what I'm trying to say, you just don't want to admit I'm right. It's not right for gay people to marry someone of the opposite sex. It's not right for them to stay alone. The only way is for them to find love in the same sex. Even if you don't agree with gay marriage, or gay sex, relationships don't need that.

It is not my opinion it is the opinion of Islam now Islam don't have to change for the pleasure of some deviant people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
1 hour ago, gayboyanon said:

Their Mackinations series, is pretty much just LGBT content. Their first one is, whatever. Later on, their arguments get so ridiculous, like when they say Freud was bad, so homosexuality is bad. And their latest episode they show a video of Steven Anderson: A Pastor who's called for the deaths of gay people before. And they say that the news reader was wrong for calling him hateful when he was trying to call for gay peoples' deaths. Most of their videos in the series are fear-mongering, and promoting hatred of the West.

Yeah, I watched a video the other day. It's crazy how arguments are brought as if they were smart when it's just homophobic garbage that's been repeated countless times.

When people start talking about incest and paedophilia, you can guess the rest of the arguments that will come afterwards, as well as the insults and hatred.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
57 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

It is not my opinion it is the opinion of Islam now Islam don't have to change for the pleasure of some deviant people. 

Come on dude. I've made an effort recently to avoid calling people homophobic unless they prove themselves to be so, and you calling them deviant just to insult them is not helping you look less homophobic.

But no, you're wrong. If changing Islam stops gay people dying or receiving death threats, then it is your duty as a Muslim to, you don't have to be an activist, but at least avoid doing stuff that will hurt them more. No, it's not your duty as a Muslim. It's your duty as a human being.

Remember the gay marriage in Canada? Didn't the mum get death threats for just supporting her son? For wanting her son to be happy? People who judge people who are gay or who support gay people? That would make you homophobic. But guess what. You can be better than them.

People who don't know how to compromise can be dangerous. They end up getting filled with hate and become West-fearing, and start to hate anyone who's not them. I talk about Islamic Pulse a lot because, well, people I know like their Facebook page, and they might be the most dangerous Shia YouTube channel on YouTube.

They are so convinced they're right, they hate anyone who thinks otherwise. They hate the West, and, well, if their hatred gets worse, then...

Sometimes you have to compromise, because otherwise, you'll end up like Islamic Pulse, or worse. I'm not comparing you to Isis, but they didn't know how to compromise, and they didn't want to sacrifice what they believed to be their religion. So a refusal to compromise can be dangerous. It doesn't have to be, but it can be. And you accepting gay people could save a life. Maybe one day your kid if he's gay. Your acceptance could save his life.

Edited by gayboyanon
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
18 minutes ago, gayboyanon said:

Come on dude. I've made an effort recently to avoid calling people homophobic unless they prove themselves to be so, and you calling them deviant just to insult them is not helping you look less homophobic.

But no, you're wrong. If changing Islam stops gay people dying or receiving death threats, then it is your duty as a Muslim to, you don't have to be an activist, but at least avoid doing stuff that will hurt them more. No, it's not your duty as a Muslim. It's your duty as a human being.

Remember the gay marriage in Canada? Didn't the mum get death threats for just supporting her son? For wanting her son to be happy? People who judge people who are gay or who support gay people? That would make you homophobic. But guess what. You can be better than them.

People who don't know how to compromise can be dangerous. They end up getting filled with hate and become West-fearing, and start to hate anyone who's not them. I talk about Islamic Pulse a lot because, well, people I know like their Facebook page, and they might be the most dangerous Shia YouTube channel on YouTube.

They are so convinced they're right, they hate anyone who thinks otherwise. They hate the West, and, well, if their hatred gets worse, then...

Sometimes you have to compromise, because otherwise, you'll end up like Islamic Pulse, or worse. I'm not comparing you to Isis, but they didn't know how to compromise, and they didn't want to sacrifice what they believed to be their religion. So a refusal to compromise can be dangerous. It doesn't have to be, but it can be. And you accepting gay people could save a life. Maybe one day your kid if he's gay. Your acceptance could save his life.

If by homophobic you mean someone who think homosexuality is not a norm and should not be normalized so yes I am homophobic and proud of it. If by homophobic you mean someone who hate people who have homosexual feelings so not I am not specially homophobic. By the way if we begin to change Islam for every sexual desires people have we will never end in decadence. I hope you understand my point of view. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2019 at 7:28 PM, notme said:

Islam is silent on "being" gay. 

Sexual activity outside of marriage is prohibited. 

Therefore, whether homosexuality is biological or socio-cultural is irrelevant. Orientation does not dictate action.

The only question is whether Islamic marriage could be reinterpreted to include marriage between two men or two women. (I'm guessing it can't, but I'm no expert.)

You are guessing right my dear sister, there is an intricate truth hidden behind a pair of male and female that few of Muslims recognize, to put it simply, In Qur'an, Allah  (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) says: "What could a calf did for the Bani Israel, it never guided them yet they worshipped it". People here can be trained to become cannibals but question is how it serves humanity and same question I ask from those who support gays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Bakir said:

Iran hangs homosexuals when there are cases of rape or drug smuggling, as far as I'm concerned. They don't judge people solely for homosexuality, and I can give them the benefit of the doubt as I am not completely sure about that. It is for this very reason I haven't mentioned Iran legal and social treatment of LGBT people. I have no interest in discussing something that is potentially fake when there are more significant facts that aren't.

I know two Iranian gay men. One lives in the west and one lives in Iran. According to them there is a large gay community in Iran. Apparently there is a law in Iran that exempt openly gay men from military service, so Iran doesn't execute homosexuals for being gay. There may still be death penalty for homosexual acts, but you still need 4 witnesses. What goes on in peoples bedroom a matter of personal privacy. Plus what kind of person would be willing to go out of their way to witness such acts. So it is actually perfectly possible for gay couples to live together. At least in cities like Tehran or Shiraz. The gay guy who lives in Iran even wants to have his European boyfriend live in Iran. So it can't be all that dangerous. But of cause there is a reason why the gay Iranian guy who live in the west immigrated. Homosexuals are discriminated against. For instance men who hasn't done military service can not get a job in the public sector. And of cause there are homophobia especially among people who value tradition and among people who wants to appear "holier than thou." The taboo on homosexuality in public discourse in Iran also make public health campaigns difficult. Such as information about sexually transmitted diseases.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
7 minutes ago, Revert1963 said:

I know two Iranian gay men. One lives in the west and one lives in Iran. According to them there is a large gay community in Iran. Apparently there is a law in Iran that exempt openly gay men from military service, so Iran doesn't execute homosexuals for being gay. There may still be death penalty for homosexual acts, but you still need 4 witnesses. What goes on in peoples bedroom a matter of personal privacy. Plus what kind of person would be willing to go out of their way to witness such acts. So it is actually perfectly possible for gay couples to live together. At least in cities like Tehran or Shiraz. The gay guy who lives in Iran even wants to have his European boyfriend live in Iran. So it can't be all that dangerous. But of cause there is a reason why the gay Iranian guy who live in the west immigrated. Homosexuals are discriminated against. For instance men who hasn't done military service can not get a job in the public sector. And of cause there are homophobia especially among people who value tradition and among people who wants to appear "holier than thou." The taboo on homosexuality in public discourse in Iran also make public health campaigns difficult. Such as information about sexually transmitted diseases.

 

That's what I heard about Iran as well. Gay people find society more dangerous and problematic than Iran's law itself (as you said, as long as it's your private life, the government won't intervene, and Sharia law is dependant on difficult conditions).

I know a gay guy in Iran as well and even though the country is not an example of freedom and defense of civil rights, it is still much better than Iraq (that is not a theocracy to begin with). Legal homophobia will avoid any progress in combating social homophobia in any case, or that's at least how I see it. Homosexuality cannot be legally criminalized without supporting social hatred, prosecution and discrimination.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Just now, Bakir said:

That's what I heard about Iran as well. Gay people find society more dangerous and problematic than Iran's law itself

That's how it should be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
5 minutes ago, starlight said:

That's how it should be.

Not sure if that's the goal of that law originally (I don't support it at all for the reasons I shared above). I've always understood that law as a way to keep homosexual practices and relations in the private sphere. Problem is when prosecution, harrassment and discrimination takes place, and there is risk to lose your life. This is the consequence of this mentality in Iraq.

Edited by Bakir
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
24 minutes ago, starlight said:

That's how it should be.

The law about fornication and homosexual acts requires four witnesses,who should have witnessed actual penetration(not mere PDA), which is next to impossible.Either this or a person himself confesses to it multiple times. So we know that's almost never going to happen. 

If same sex or straight couples stopped feeling threatened by the society it would become common for them to engage in acts like hugging and kissing in public. 

@Bakir

Edited by starlight
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
13 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

Nope! 

And [We had sent] Lot when he said to his people, "Do you commit such immorality as no one has preceded you with from among the worlds? (7:80)

 

The immorality in this verse is specifically homosexuality. It is blatantly obvious within the context!

Similar verse is found in Al-Ankaboot verse 28 followed there by (literal translation) :

"Indeed, you approach the men, and you cut off the road and commit in your meetings evil?" And not was (the) answer (of) his people except that they said, "Bring upon us (the) punishment (of) Allah if you are of the truthful."

They were guilty also of robbery, of rejecting and insulting the Prophet, and most remarkably of committing acts of sex publicly, which in Islam is forbitten to all. Apparently this sexual acts also included rape.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, starlight said:

If same sex or straight couples stopped feeling threatened by the society it would become common for them to engage in acts like hugging and kissing in public. 

Straight couples hugging and kissing in public is observable in Iran now a days. In Tehran anyways. I have noticed it my self. So I guess some don't feel threatened by the society.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Flying_Eagle said:

People here can be trained to become cannibals but question is how it serves humanity and same question I ask from those who support gays.

People can't be trained to be gay as far as science and sociological research shows. It could serve humanity on many ways, by uniting them for instance.

2 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

 It is not my opinion it is the opinion of Islam now Islam don't have to change for the pleasure of some deviant people. 

It's your opinion about the words of Allah and you may support it by presenting those particular words and explaining how they led you to believe so.

16 hours ago, gayboyanon said:

That's...

Please say that's not the case, because how can a Prophet be willing to give away his daughters without their permission? That makes me even more convinced that the story of Sodom is either a lie or changed or has been misinterpreted.

He was referring to the women in the city. Calling them "my daughters" was normal and in fact still can be if the person speaking has authority.


The story has not changed ever, but is often represented in a specific light to serve the purposes of individuals and communities.

 

10 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

 also at the end Prophet Lut (عليه السلام) interpreted as promoting marriage between  all men & women of his tribe for his resort without permission of their fathers that is like other religions in Islam is necessary for marriage but he temporary  removed this rule based on his divine authority for fighting  against homosexuality  

Where does this idea come from? Lut doesn't anywhere say "you can have any 'daughter of mine' as you wish, I don't care what they say".

This is making a huge assumption.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
21 minutes ago, Revert1963 said:

Straight couples hugging and kissing in public is observable in Iran now a days. In Tehran anyways. I have noticed it my self. So I guess some don't feel threatened by the society.

Moral deterioration is on the rise everywhere sadly, there are various factors for this which I won't discuss here. If this continues soon we will see same sex couples doing the same, hence people need to have the fear of some hostile reaction from the public to keep such things in check.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
11 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

 

It's your opinion about the words of Allah and you may support it by presenting those particular words and explaining how they led you to believe so.

 

All Muslim scholars of all religious schools are unanimous on the fact that homosexuality is immoral. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
20 hours ago, Aragaia said:

I doubt that can be answered by man except with speculation. Usually they are described as a test. Down syndrome for instance is known to be common and yet occurring without any apparent reason (according to my little knowledge of it).

for instance if we think Allah didn't make the genetic mutations, for sure Allah created genes and the fact they can mutate could not have been an accident. And if there is a hidden reason behind it which causes this to happen to certain people, it is by the will of Allah.

N the genes have all those things that can control n fix mutations !

This is us that make mutagen stuff, All radiation ,cigarette , alcohol etc 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
13 minutes ago, strength=Abbas said:

N the genes have all those things that can control n fix mutations !

This is us that make mutagen stuff, All radiation ,cigarette , alcohol etc 

I'm not an expert but I think if the genes mutate they don't de-mutate back. Nevertheless, there is no scientific basis whatsoever to expect that there is human's-fault reason for ever mutation in the world. Including animals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Aragaia said:

Similar verse is found in Al-Ankaboot verse 28 followed there by (literal translation) :

"Indeed, you approach the men, and you cut off the road and commit in your meetings evil?" And not was (the) answer (of) his people except that they said, "Bring upon us (the) punishment (of) Allah if you are of the truthful."

They were guilty also of robbery, of rejecting and insulting the Prophet, and most remarkably of committing acts of sex publicly, which in Islam is forbitten to all. Apparently this sexual acts also included rape.

Robbery and insulting the Prophets never have been done before Lut (عليه السلام)? It is rather the act of homosexuality that no one have approach before. Read the next verse that it clearly mention the immortality what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) particularly is referring:

Indeed, you approach men with desire, instead of women. Rather, you are a transgressing people." 7:81

People of Lut are example of how sinful it is to approach sexually the same gender people.

Edited by Abu Nur
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

All Muslim scholars of all religious schools are unanimous on the fact that homosexuality is immoral. 

You mean homosexual acts? (Or some even say it refers simply to anal sex rather than sex overalls) But based on what? The Christians said that too for a long time, now they've began to reconsider. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I really don't know. But I see the issue and its investigation as something much more complicated than that. You should not follow blindly what the scholars say. What if they are wrong? Everyone will be responsible for their own sins even if they have been fooled into committing them. Forbitting what is lawful is an sin and here would count as oppression (of other Muslims as well).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
20 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

Robbery and insulting the Prophets never have been done before Lut (عليه السلام)? It is rather the act of homosexuality that no one have approach before. Read the next verse that it clearly mention the immortality what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) particularly is referring:

Indeed, you approach men with desire, instead of women. Rather, you are a transgressing people." 7:81

People of Lut are example of how sinful it is to approach sexually the same gender people.

They weren't just having sex. They were according to many views having sex publicly, shamelessly and raping other men. How do you know this "never been done before" refers to sex and not to all those other things, or moreover, to all those things combined. Surely, there is no evidence here to say there was no homosexuality before that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

Can we at least agree that this comes from shaitan waswas and our nafs, but not Allah. Allah tests us by allowing Shaytan to do this waswas (Shaytan has free will). It is not Allah that puts these thoughts in your head, but it is Allah who allows these thoughts in order to test us. [Edit: not an atom moves without Allah's will.] Further, Allah does not burden anyone beyond his/her capacity, and you can overcome any of His tests.

If I can avoid Zina, so can a person with gay thoughts/preference.

Furthermore, as far as Islam is concerned, there is definitely a gender binary, consisting of strongly defined gender roles and it is highly encouraged/promoted for men to be masculine and for women to be feminine... with masculine and feminine being defined by both culture and theology. Furthermore, men have specific religious and legal obligations, and women have specific religious and legal obligations. The most progressive viewpoint one could hold on this issue, is that Islamic Sharia is built on a gender binary as a base assumption, although personal life does not necessarily need to reflect this. For example, men are the protectors and providers for women. Men are obligated to provide for any poor/needy women in his life, if she cannot provide for herself. But there is no restriction on women having a source of income, and it is actually often times encouraged, and the women has no such obligation to provide for her husband, and she can do what she wants with her money in this regards. This is why the woman's compensation is half of the man's in a legal dispute/incident. 

However, the more interesting topic of discussion is transgenderism. Even secular progressives agree that gender dysphoria is a mental illness... and the disagreement with others is regarding wether or not gender reconstruction surgery is beneficial to these people. Also, others will argue that perhaps it shouldn't manifest itself on a societal level, and be promoted, and instead should be done only under extreme circumstances, such as fear of committing suicide or homosexual acts. Even in such cases however, you must admit the legitimacy of transgenderism.

As far as transgenderism being real, we have to ask ourselves if metaphysical skepticism is accepted in Islam. If the answer is no, then perhaps there is an argument for transgenderism under extreme cases. The Islamic answer is most likely NO, considering that we definitely reject theological skepticism and moral skepticism, thus we probably also reject metaphysical skepticism, thus in a sense validating the existence of some transgenders.

My question is the following, what does Islamic philosophy say regarding "metaphysical skepticism" or "subjective idealism".

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
26 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Can we at least agree that this comes from shaitan waswas and our nafs, but not Allah. Allah tests us by allowing Shaytan to do this waswas (Shaytan has free will). It is not Allah that puts these thoughts in your head, but it is Allah who allows these thoughts in order to test us.

No. That seems to be the first issue.

The gender roles are strongly defined by the culture in Islamic countries,but less by Islam. There is no way for me to stress this enough.

Yet I'm not sure what your point was with that. It is not wrong for Muslim man to have feminine qualities about him. Nor for a woman to have masculine qualities.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
12 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

It is not wrong for Muslim man to have feminine qualities about him. Nor for a woman to have masculine qualities.

There are no uniquely masculine or uniquely feminine characteristics. Just like the hormones testosterone and estrogen, all men and all women have them in varying degrees. Masculine and feminine are defined by degrees. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

same question I ask from those who support gays.

It's kind of obvious how gay people existing serve humanity. It means more kids can be adopted and more kids will have families because gay people can't have biological children.

 

2 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

All Muslim scholars of all religious schools are unanimous on the fact that homosexuality is immoral. 

No. It's haram, not immoral. Being gay doesn't make you a good or a bad person. CosmicSkeptic did a really good video on it here.

 

5 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

If by homophobic you mean someone who think homosexuality is not a norm and should not be normalized

Why? Because it goes against Islam? Does that mean you're going to try to ban non-Muslims from eating pork too?

 

3 hours ago, Aragaia said:

He was referring to the women in the city. Calling them "my daughters" was normal and in fact still can be if the person speaking has authority.

Ah, and I thought that somehow there were no women in the city. Well, now that doesn't make sense. If the women were straight, why did half the population get killed?

 

3 hours ago, starlight said:

If this continues soon we will see same sex couples doing the same, hence people need to have the fear of some hostile reaction from the public to keep such things in check.

That's... What even is your reasoning there? Why is it wrong for gay couples to hug and kiss?

 

2 hours ago, Faruk said:

If this raises questions then it means the laws of Allah are discussable.

Well, the Qur'an and the Prophet always said to ask questions. But for some reason, questioning any of the laws is looked down upon in Muslim communities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...