Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I agree with you because the verses of the Qur'an say that those people preferred men over women.

Prophet Lut (عليه السلام) said it in a way as if their bodily need wasn't natural. It seems to me that these verses describe people who were experimenting shamelessly.

It also says "And leave what your Lord has created for you of your wives?"

In some narrations we hear that Prophet Lut (عليه السلام) was even prepared to give his daughters for marriage to them so they don’t commit those sins.  

2 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

In some narrations we hear that Prophet Lut (عليه السلام) was even prepared to give his daughters for marriage to them so they don’t commit those sins.  

Yeah you can link this story to today's society. Everyone is experimenting and trying new filthy things. When people refuse to accept the laws of God, this is the result.

We could discuss many aspects in common with modern sexual tendencies and the People of Lut. Indeed, there are elements in common, one of them is the advancement and refinement of society in many cases. People often picture the people of Lut as wild animals, and they were actually an advanced society for its time. Luxury has always been attached with extravagant sexual tendencies and practices (male harems, for instance, were popular in old al Andalus). However, does this describe homosexuality entirely, of just a part of male to male sex and sexuality? Evidently not. Education and society, as well as life experiences, all play an important role, but in many cases, the origin of homosexual orientation is just unknown and unreasonable. And it persists, not even a preference nor a choice. In such cases, which I find most interesting (as they affect gay Muslims who we assume had a normal religious education), I believe the story of Prophet Lut isn't really the most appropriate.

We have got, however, interesting narrations and history on this subject and similar ones, and a person facing these problems (to the point they affect him on his everyday life) should dedicate some time to study, in order to find, at least, some peace with himself and his identity/behaviour.

In this convenient way, I personally managed to feel at peace with myself, my identity, my behaviour and my ocassional feelings included. This condition doesn't necessarily have to clash with my faith and my identity.

2 hours ago, Bakir said:

We could discuss many aspects in common with modern sexual tendencies and the People of Lut. Indeed, there are elements in common, one of them is the advancement and refinement of society in many cases. People often picture the people of Lut as wild animals, and they were actually an advanced society for its time. Luxury has always been attached with extravagant sexual tendencies and practices (male harems, for instance, were popular in old al Andalus). However, does this describe homosexuality entirely, of just a part of male to male sex and sexuality? Evidently not. Education and society, as well as life experiences, all play an important role, but in many cases, the origin of homosexual orientation is just unknown and unreasonable. And it persists, not even a preference nor a choice. In such cases, which I find most interesting (as they affect gay Muslims who we assume had a normal religious education), I believe the story of Prophet Lut isn't really the most appropriate.

We have got, however, interesting narrations and history on this subject and similar ones, and a person facing these problems (to the point they affect him on his everyday life) should dedicate some time to study, in order to find, at least, some peace with himself and his identity/behaviour.

In this convenient way, I personally managed to feel at peace with myself, my identity, my behaviour and my ocassional feelings included. This condition doesn't necessarily have to clash with my faith and my identity.

excellent points.