Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Akbar673

If a Shi'a runs for office in the U.S.

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Minority politicians play identity politics based on furthering the interests of their particular ethnic groups mostly 

It doesn't matrer because they won't be getting the vote of the majority of voters so race should not be a factor even though it is for the majority of the voters but if we are minority in any aspect then it won't work 

Edited by Murtaza1

Just now, Murtaza1 said:

It doesn't matrer because they won't be getting the vote of the majority of voters so race should not be a factor 

But that's the issue 

Can u imagine if a white politician just talks about interests of " white community " all hell will break loose 

18 minutes ago, Ejaz said:

Jokes aside it’s sad how more people know about Shia La Beouf than Shia Islam

Apologies,but I have to make another lame one. 

Shia Labeouf's full name is Shia Saide LaBeouf. Given how many people incorrectly pronounce his first name as Shia (as in Shia Islam) Shia Saide would be pronounced 'Shia Syed'! 

Full stamp of approval from South Asians looking to marry only Shia syeds. 

Guest Enquire

Every single Muslim candidate who has had success on a political level in the US has voiced support for the LGBT community. to be honest, given Iran actively funds transexual operations, the problem for a Shia agreeing with Iran should be LGB. 

So you could get away with promoting transexual rights, Bruce Jenner and the like thereof.

46 minutes ago, Guest Enquire said:

Every single Muslim candidate who has had success on a political level in the US has voiced support for the LGBT community. to be honest, given Iran actively funds transexual operations, the problem for a Shia agreeing with Iran should be LGB. 

So you could get away with promoting transexual rights, Bruce Jenner and the like thereof.

Because Muslims in west esp those who are public figures are hypocrites 

They appease liberals whites leftists but secretly hate their views on everything,  these Muslims are wolf's in sheep clothing 

Edited by Panzerwaffe

This is a very interesting discuasion. My opinion on this, and this isnt just my opinion but I have spoke to several prominent Shia ulema who are baser in the US. The opinion us that on a State or National level, you would probably have to compromise too many of the teachings of Ahl Al Bayt((عليه السلام)) for it to be feasible as mentioned by the OP. However on a city or county ( ie a local level) I think it is possible. This constituancy could then be used as a stepping stone for State or National office at some point in the future

1 hour ago, Guest Enquire said:

Why would anyone oppose rights for anyone else? It doesn't remove any from them. 

Your vote is your voice ; environmental Mindfulness - Maulana Syed Muhammad Rizvi

vote

18 minutes ago, notme said:

Why would anyone oppose rights for anyone else? It doesn't remove any from them. 

True but don’t act like a defender of shariah to your own people then act like a touchy feelie liberal in front of Democrats ...I have more respect for guys in MAGA hats 

Guest Enquire
22 minutes ago, notme said:

The official Shia position with regards to people who say they have same sex attraction is to treat them with respect and dignity. What they do in their own private lives is their business, and in the countries we live in (US/United Kingdom/EU) we are to obey the law of our land.  

However, I don't believe actively campaigning for gay marriage is right, and if you ran as a Muslim, you would most certainly have to do that. 

4 minutes ago, Guest Enquire said:

However, I don't believe actively campaigning for gay marriage is right, and if you ran as a Muslim, you would most certainly have to do that

The way I see it, who marries who is not the government's business, so long as it involves consenting adults. Do we want the secular government decreeing polygamy or mutah illegal? So it is to our advantage to get the government out of the business of marriage regulation. 

Guest Itsme
2 minutes ago, notme said:

The way I see it, who marries who is not the government's business, so long as it involves consenting adults. Do we want the secular government decreeing polygamy or mutah illegal? So it is to our advantage to get the government out of the business of marriage regulation. 

You raise a good point.  This leads me to reflect on how we even define what marriage is? Those having same-sex marriage aren't claiming it to be valid as per Islam. In fact, signing a few papers and having a secular ceremony with no religious content is considered a marriage now and the norm, so I'm not quite sure if Islam has anything to say about that. It is more of a liability agreement and asset sharing between two people who want to live together. 

Polygamy and Mutah are legal I believe, but you can't have polygamy recognised in many states. The Nikah itself means nothing legally if no papers are signed. In Islam, the papers mean nothing, but the Nikah is everything. To the government the Nikah means nothing and the paper means everything. What Islam considers the marriage isn't the marriage.

To get back to your point, I don't think the government allowing same-sex marriage legally has any effect as per Islam. If people get papers signed which then mean certain laws are placed on them and their combined assets, that isn't what Islam regards as a marriage, is it? 

So long as a secular government doesn't force Muslim clerics or unwilling Christian ones to give religious validation to them, while I am not in favour, they are ultimately not my business or concern living here in a secular country.

Let me know if I've made any mistakes here, this was just free flowing thought and I'm happy to amend or refine anything.

25 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

True but don’t act like a defender of shariah to your own people then act like a touchy feelie liberal in front of Democrats ...I have more respect for guys in MAGA hats 

I'm a liberal defender of Muslims' right to shariah in their communities, but if anyone tries to "touchy feelie" me, they might end up with a broken arm, and your respect for the MAGA cretins is noted. 

4 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

But that's the issue 

Can u imagine if a white politician just talks about interests of " white community " all hell will break loose 

Why should any politician do that? If he could relate to the concerns of all the people in his country and work to serve their needs then there would be no need for segregation in politics or any part of society. We should not create such strategies in our mind. 

3 hours ago, Ejaz said:

Jokes aside it’s sad how more people know about Shia La Beouf than Shia Islam

I only know about him because his name comes up in google when I type the words Shia and Hollywood . I don't think I have ever seen any if his films. I don’t watch latest movies. I like old horror movies. 

1 hour ago, Panzerwaffe said:

I don’t know who she is

But I live under a rock

Shia La Beouf is a man lol

I also live under a rock, so to speak. I don't keep up with politics or popular culture. I don't know who these people are. As I said I have only seen his photos come up on Google when I type the words Shia and Hollywood lol

Edited by Murtaza1

2 hours ago, notme said:

I'm a liberal defender of Muslims' right to shariah in their communities, but if anyone tries to "touchy feelie" me, they might end up with a broken arm, and your respect for the MAGA cretins is noted. 

No way ! Once you start shariah in pockets of this country you are essentially having a dual standard of justice for your citizens 

Plus whose shariah ? Who determines that ? Are u going to have e.g  a local Arkansas regional Muslim scholars association who makes those rules? What if I'm a Muslim in a small community but I don’t follow the fiqah of 4 Sunni school or jafari you are going to force me into those categories?

Well I'm sure we don’t agree on anything usually sister so why not add MAGA warriors to the list ! they have more integrity than your hijabi "convertibles "

Edited by Panzerwaffe

2 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

Why should any politician do that? If he could relate to the concerns of all the people in his country and work to serve their needs then there would be no need for segregation in politics or any part of society. We should not create such strategies in our mind. 

No they should not

But minority leaders do that  , as in the last 50 yrs white establishment has a new kind of " white mans burden" I.e trying so very hard to overcome the history of segregation 

What it does is make rich liberal whites feel great about themselves , but leaves poor whites feeling responsible and apologizing for past sins of richer whites even though their own white forefathers were just as likely to be oppressed as browns or blacks

Edited by Panzerwaffe

24 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

No they should not

But minority leaders do that  , as in the last 50 yrs white establishment has a new kind of " white mans burden" I.e trying so very hard to overcome the history of segregation 

What it does is make rich liberal whites feel great about themselves , but leaves poor whites feeling responsible and apologizing for past sins of richer whites even though their own white forefathers were just as likely to be oppressed as browns or blacks

Well I guess American government is made up of business corporations and run by business men that fund their own corporations. PBS is a government owned corporation and GM corporation is acquired by the government. Also Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac are all government sponsored corporations. Naturally their first priority are their business interests. They don't have any feeling towards the ordinary man on the street. People should vote objectively and not ponder on the past.

Edited by Murtaza1

37 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

No way ! Once you start shariah in pockets of this country you are essentially having a dual standard of justice for your citizens 

Plus whose shariah ? Who determines that ? Are u going to have e.g  a local Arkansas regional Muslim scholars association who makes those rules? What if I'm a Muslim in a small community but I don’t follow the fiqah of 4 Sunni school or jafari you are going to force me into those categories?

Let me clarify what I mean. I support individual people's right to place themselves under shariah of their choice which is within the bounds of the law. (In other words, they have a right to freedom of religion.) Better?