Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Guest Enquire
9 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

At this point I think SCers have a condition where they literally cannot resist bringing mutah into the mix in every single thread. :surrender:

Lots of people talking about something I would argue relatively few, if not remotely few, even practise (unless it's to talk freely before marriage).

5 minutes ago, Guest Enquire said:

The need for food/water is on an entirely different level to that of sex. Sex is seen as far more sacred. What is the punishment for eating haram verses fornicating/having adultery, and which would one feel more guilty about and which would have a greater effect on society?

Please don't trivialize consumption of haram. It's amongst the greater sins and it's effects in the society are just as bad.

Guest Enquire
3 minutes ago, starlight said:

Please don't trivialize consumption of haram. It's amongst the greater sins and it's effects in the society are just as bad.

This wasn't the point I was trying to make. There is no doubt eating harram publicly is without a doubt an enormous sin and has effects on society, but can you claim the punishment and the effects are the same as people being allowed to commit adultery and Zina left, right and centre? I am just trying to argue against this idea that sex is the same as food, and while we must observe due reverence when it comes to both, they can't be regarded as identical. 

What is the punishment for publicly eating harram food, verses committing adultery or Zina?

On 4/13/2019 at 5:33 PM, SoRoUsH said:

A Muta'a could be as short as 5 minutes. It's sole purpose could be Halal sex.

Wow. So mutah could be halal prostitution?

From what I understand from your position: you think it is worse to have pre-marriage intercourse with the one you intend to marry and do eventually marry (without mutah) than to sleep around with no intention to marry by simply uttering a few magic words which makes it 'halal'?

39 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Not very effectively. There is the iddah. I mean, technically yes. But the wife would have to request a much larger mahr than most men would be able and willing to pay in order to make it sustainable. 

Edited by notme

Technically it is halal to sleep around with multiple partners as long as you follow proper Islamic guidelines.  It is true that women with past relationships are perceived negatively but that is a cultural problem for the most part, they shouldn't by default be judged harshly.  Such attitudes make it very difficult for eligible good practicing Muslims to marry again.  It is reasonable to be a bit suspicious of someone who has had a really high number of sexual partners, but we really should reserve judgement unless we know the details.  As for non Muslims, most of them do not have more than 30-40 sexual partners, the average tends to be less than 10.

Just to put things in perspective, as far as Islam is concerned, a woman that has had 10 sexual partners (through halal means) and doesn't backbite is morally superior to a woman that is a virgin but backbites times to time, all other things held equal.

7 hours ago, BowTie said:

No one is defending people committing Zina, but I for instance replied to your logic that did not make sense.

All your thread has no logic. And stop painting out as if non-Muslims are sl*ts and our Muslim girls are so pious, sitting at home innocently. 

This thread is full of ignorant connotations. 

Agreed.

7 hours ago, BowTie said:

This is proof of how the Muslim communities living in the West and Europe have no clue whats so ever about what happens around them. Thats why Muslim communities living in Europe and United States will never evolve, because they keep going backwards.

This is a bit of an overreach! but I agree that you cannot build a strong community tainted with blind ignorance and bigotry.  Something we do need to be aware of so as not to inadvertently perpetuate an archaic style of demean and diminish as a (flawed) means of establishing ourselves, and as you say, with the potential to go backwards.

Edited by forte

1 hour ago, forte said:

If someone publicly stated a broad, judgemental and prejudicial, negative stereotype about Muslims, we would quickly condemn it as Islamophobia.  

What is it called when someone writes a post stating a broad, judgemental and prejudicial, negative stereotype about non-Muslims?

How so? I conducted a poll asking how many partners one has had, have done a lot of research, and have non-Muslim friends. Many do sleep around to get over breakups, to fill a void, have a few drinks before it leading to sex. Are you saying I’m incorrect? 

To everyone: I’m not saying that Muslims don’t sleep around at all, or that we are all virginal elvish beings who have never even spoken to the opposite sex—some Muslims sleep around, just less often. 

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

1 hour ago, 786:) said:

From what I understand from your position: you think it is worse to have pre-marriage intercourse with the one you intend to marry and do eventually marry (without mutah) than to sleep around with no intention to marry by simply uttering a few magic words which makes it 'halal'?

I know you weren't asking me, but to me it's a no brainer that of course the latter is infinitely better than the former. 

.“The fornicatress and the fornicator, scourge you each one of them (with) a hundred stripes. And let not pity for them withhold you from enforcing the sentence of Allah, if you believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.” 24:2

21 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

Sexual health and desires are blessings from God. I find it mind-boggling that some people believe it must be suppressed for one to be spiritual.

If someone can neither get married nor do mutah, then ofcourse there is no third option - he has to suppress his desire. This is not just to be spiritual, it is obligatory. 

23 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

Sexual health and desires are blessings from God. I find it mind-boggling that some people believe it must be suppressed for one to be spiritual. 

Spirituality is about balancing things and doing it in remembrance and thankful to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Having a lot  or small sexual desires  that can't be fulfill in halal way is bad thing, because it can lead to haram ways. Having a lot or small sexual desires that can be fulfill at same time is blessing and spiritually good if and only if the person is thankful to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and remember His mercy. There is absolutely nothing wrong if the person can do a lot mut'ah while at the same time is very thankful of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) about to fulfillment of his desires. This is actually encourage if it is possible of course. But doing a lot mut'ah while don't care of remembering mercy of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is animalistic and pointless spiritually.

But to suppress sexual desires is itself impossibility.

Edited by Abu Nur

7 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

But to suppress sexual desires is itself impossibility.

It is not an impossibility. There are many different ways by which sexual desire can be suppressed - either intentionally or unintentionally.

As for the unintentional ways...Several diseases are known to cause reduced libido such as different cancers etc. Various medications have reduced sexual desire as their side effects. Depression, emotional stress and other mental disorders can cause low sexual desires. 

And as for the intentional methods to suppress desire...these are well-known...Fasting, prayer, lowering gaze etc.

A person who has no means to get married or do mutah is expected to suppress his sexual desire by adopting the above methods. 

Edited by Maisam Haider

And as for the intentional methods to suppress desire...these are well-known...Fasting, prayer, lowering gaze etc.

Sexual desires are naturalistic and it can only be temporarily reduced, but it is intentionally impossible to suppress them because it take one event in the life where the sexual desire in one way occurs and it can occur. We are not angels where sexual desire is absolute impossible.

A person who has no means to get married or do mutah is expected to suppress his sexual desire by adopting the above methods. 

Such a person will have sometimes sexual desires but of course it is possible that he can shun them after it occurrence. Shunning sexual desires can also be dangerous that could lead to haram ways, that's why mut'ah and temporally marriage is recommended.

Edited by Abu Nur

On 4/15/2019 at 10:55 AM, SoRoUsH said:

There are plenty of authentic narrations on the rewards of Muta'a and its encouragement. Muta's main purpose has been and is fulfilment of sexual desires. I won't state these narrations here. 

Just because fiqh allows something it shouldn't be our end goal. I think mut'ah should be the last option and it shouldn't be an easy way out.

I'm not denying the fact that it's perfectly halal. However there are way more benefits if permanent marriage is our end goal. We should be prepared to face worldly consequences if we think about doing mut'ah with 10 different women and casually sleeping around. It will affect our marriage lives and we'll find less satisfaction  (this is justified by science) being with our future partner.

23 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Just because fiqh allows something it shouldn't be our end goal. I think mut'ah should be the last option and it shouldn't be an easy way out.

I'm not denying the fact that it's perfectly halal. However there are way more benefits if permanent marriage is our end goal. We should be prepared to face worldly consequences if we think about doing mut'ah with 10 different women and casually sleeping around. It will affect our marriage lives and we'll find less satisfaction  (this is justified by science) being with our future partner.

Salam, 

There are billions of men and billions of women are living on the planet Earth now.

The world is full of activities, men and women are busy working to make money or with other kind of activities. Our 24 hours, days and weeks are getting shorter because of our busy activities. Working men and women have not much free time due to work.  Interactions between non mahrem men and women are difficult to be prevented. 

Sometimes, husband and wife spend more time at work then be together.  Commitment to work is higher than toward marriage and raising children.  Divorce rate is always high. 

Will mut'ah be better option than permanent marriage given we are busy with too much work activities and commitment?