Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

belly button piercing

Rate this topic

rxdbx

• Advanced Member

As salam alaykum,

I was wondering whether getting a belly button piercing without my parents permission would be haram or seen as disobeying them, I'm 18 btw, and I would get it done with my own money, if that has anything to say.

I want to get one for my self, and not to show it off. Even if I get one, no non mahram would ever see or know about it, and no one besides close friends (girls) would see it, and a woman would do the procedure.

Walaikum a Salam, I'm not sure but personally if earing piercing is allowed I don’t see why belly piercing would not be allowed especially if non mahram people won't see. It's good to know a woman would perform the piercing as I was going to say make sure a mahram person performs the piercing. Also make sure she is ahal kitab. 

Edited by Murtaza1

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

Walaikum a Salam, I'm not sure but personally if earing piercing is allowed I don’t see why belly piercing would not be allowed especially if non mahram people won't see. It's good to know a woman would perform the piercing as I was going to say make sure a mahram person performs the piercing. Also make sure she is ahal kitab. 

but what about the fact that my mom doesn't know

• Veteran Member

Wa Alikum Assalam sister 

Is it worth it dear sister to hurt your parents over satisfying your friends?

If it is, then do it.  If not, you are pleasing Allah.  

In Islam,your wali al amr is your father.  It is better to ask him.  

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

Guest Lotus

I would advice against it for two reasons:

A: This body belongs to Allah, just like everything else we are given (this is the meaning of Inna Lillah wa inna ....), I would rather return it in its best form, in the form it was given to me. Hence no tattoos or piercings for me. 

B. Those who would give me last Ghusl, would be from the same community that I’m from. Most of them don’t have a positive opinion about these sorts of piercings. I wouldn’t want them to be judging me while giving me last ghusl and praying on my grave. I would rather want them to be doing it for me from pure ikhlas and without apprehensions. 

InshAllah for both ^

• Moderators
3 hours ago, rxdbx said:

she says that 'bad women' get their belly button pierced, but I personally am not doing it for anyone but myself..

I would advise against it, then. It's just ornamentation. I don't know if any rulings, but if it's not self-harm it is probably allowed, but defying and hurting your mother is not. 

At least wait until you have moved out on your own, then you can do whatever halal thing you want. 

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, rxdbx said:

she says that 'bad women' get their belly button pierced, but I personally am not doing it for anyone but myself..

Salam I agree with @Guest lotus in best mode is Mubah but not recommended by Islamic morals to do such action even if you do it just for yourself .its better to keep respect of your parents & do something that means a bad thing for them 

On 4/12/2019 at 8:49 AM, rxdbx said:

You're probably young right now, people keep changing their opinions about things like this. Maybe it's best if you wait a couple of years and if you really really still want it, get it when you get married? Your mums worry is probably about when you get married, the guy and his female family members will probably not love the piercing and will have some negative assumptions about you - that's probably your mums worry. Maybe just wait till you get married and if your husband doesnt mind the look of it you could get it done. For now, it's not really worth upsetting your mum over.

• Moderators
On 4/12/2019 at 10:34 AM, Guest Lotus said:

Hence no tattoos or piercings for me.

Sister, What do you think of ear piercings for women? 

On 4/12/2019 at 10:34 AM, Guest Lotus said:

Those who would give me last Ghusl, would be from the same community that I’m from. Most of them don’t have a positive opinion about these sorts of piercings. I wouldn’t want them to be judging me

WOW!!   What a solid argument!! And yes, I am being sarcastic. You honestly are worried about people's judgements of you even after passing away??????  and you worry about getting Ikhals from people who judge dead Muslims on the basis of their own opinion and not what Islamic laws say? In my opinion one should be more worried about whether the angels one would meet in the grave have been instructed to judge people on the basis of body piercings. 

Edited by starlight

• Forum Administrators
On 4/13/2019 at 9:55 PM, Laayla said:

You have a thread answering questions like this. 

Do you want me to ask on your thread or would you respond here?

That thread was never intended to be used by some of us to deliberately talk about something someone else had actually asked about.