Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AMR5

How best to memorise Qur'an

Rate this topic

Are there any best practices in memorising Qur'an? I searched the internet and talked to a few Huffaz, all I got were traditional methods, which I can’t adhere to due to the lack of time I could dedicate to it?

Have any of you tried any method that worked for you?

Salam,

Listen the audio first, on second time try to recite with the reciter. Start with listening small chapters then bigger ones e.g., the chapters which comprised of 3-7 verses, then 8-20 verses, then 21-40 verses and so on.

5 hours ago, AMR5 said:

Have any of you tried any method that worked for you?

Perhaps better suited for ayat or smaller surat, but when I was a lad my tutor handwrote Ayat al Kursi, and cut each word out.

Then I would place them in order, (much like how a jigsaw works), and it honestly was the best way in memorising it, because you visually and physically see each word.

Thank you for taking your time and jazakAllah kher - I wish I could try one of the above, which sounds really interesting and would totally etch it in the memory, but for the lack of time I would go for the other. 

Visual contact with the verses of Qur'an is necessary for understanding and learning the rules of tajweed while listening the recitation. So if anyone have resource and time to look at the verses being recited, it is an advantage. 

On 4/8/2019 at 7:00 PM, AMR5 said:

Thank you for taking your time and jazakAllah kher - I wish I could try one of the above, which sounds really interesting and would totally etch it in the memory, but for the lack of time I would go for the other. 

Just like yourself time is quite limited for me. However, I manage to do my memorisations by listening to the audio. You will be surprised by how much you will have picked up by the end of 2-3 weeks.