Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The concept of thanking the Ma'soom for visiting his/her shrine.

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Just observe the logic:

A suicide bomber decides to go against Islamic principles, and some users here are claiming that our Imam (عليه السلام) invited them. I don't care if no lives were lost in that attack, our Imams (عليه السلام) would never invite someone whose intention is to solely cause destruction.  Yes, no one can stop a suicide bomber, a rapist, a serial killer etc. From entering the shrine, but our Imams (عليه السلام) didn't invite them. 

Imams(عليه السلام) know the content of our hearts, they know our intention deep inside. If we have an intention to get closer to God and Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام), we are invited.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ya Abbas I’m Here. It was a dream come true. I made a nazr (vow) if LAbbas ((عليه السلام).) would allow my son to speak and understand I would bring him there. That was two arbaeens ago. He couldn’t s

Salam.... Anyone can physically walk to a shrine / grave.  If you are invited, you will get spiritual upgrading.  If you are not invited, you gain nothing spiritually, but still you can walk in t

May Almighty Lord gives you the best return for what you have attempted to ridicule.     

Guest Itsme
2 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Just observe the logic:

A suicide bomber decides to go against Islamic principles, and some users here are claiming that our Imam (عليه السلام) invited them. I don't care if no lives were lost in that attack, our Imams (عليه السلام) would never invite someone whose intention is to solely cause destruction.  Yes, no one can stop a suicide bomber, a rapist, a serial killer etc. From entering the shrine, but our Imams (عليه السلام) didn't invite them. 

Imams(عليه السلام) know the content of our hearts, they know our intention deep inside. If we have an intention to get closer to God and Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام), we are invited.

Do you believe the Imams know every single thing every human being is thinking, feeling, wishing, and wanting at every moment? Who knows you best, Allah, our the Aimmah? Surely nobody knows you better than Allah, and is he not best placed to invite one to visit the grave of his most pious servants, if such a thing happens?

On your first point, dear brother I don't understand why this is even being debated. You are completely correct. 

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Guest Itsme said:

Do you believe the Imams know every single thing every human being is thinking, feeling, wishing, and wanting at every moment?

Yes even the Qur'an says that Imams (عليه السلام) will be witnesses on the day of judgment. Allah has given them the ability to know our intentions. If someone prays but deep inside he/she only does it to show off, well our Imams(عليه السلام) know that this prayer is not worth anything. 

On your first point, dear brother I don't understand why this is even being debated. You are completely correct.

How will it be, then, when We bring from every people a witness and bring you as a witness against these? (Sura Nisa 4:41)

And thus We have made you a medium (just) nation that you may be the bearers of witness to the people and (that) the Apostle may be a bearer of witness to you. (Sura Baqarah 2:143)

On your first point, dear brother I don't understand why this is even being debated. You are completely correct

Yeah also some of the comments are driving me insane - "There are more benefits than the consequences". Like com'on.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans
  • Advanced Member

Sulayman bin Khalid inquired from Imam Ja’far as Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) that, “I have heard that you have said, that Allah beholds the Earth every day and night for a hundred thousand times. Then He forgives anyone whom He pleases and He chastises anyone whom He pleases? And that He shall forgive the pilgrim of the grave of Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) and his family and anyone whom he intercedes for on the day of Qiyamah, whoever he be? Then shall the one, who is worthy of hell-fire, also be forgiven?” Imam ((عليه السلام).) replied,

Yes, even the one worthy of hell-fire, provided that he is not an enemy of the Ahlul Bayt ((عليه السلام).)”.

He repeated this invocation in prostration several times, and then when he completed it, I asked, “May I be your ransom! If this invocation would have been for the one who had never recognized Allah, by Allah, the fire (of hell) could never devour him. By Allah! I wish I had been for the pilgrimage to his grave and would have not been for the Hajj”. Imam Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) replied,

“You are quite close to him (his grave), then what desisted you from going for his pilgrimage?”

Then he ((عليه السلام).) said,

“O Mu’awiyah! The inhabitants of the heavens, who pray for his pilgrims, are certainly more than those who pray for them upon the Earth”.

https://www.al-Islam.org/nafasul-mahmum-relating-heart-rending-tragedy-Karbala-shaykh-Abbas-qummi/merit-visiting-grave-Imam

Edited by Ashvazdanghe
  • Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Guest Itsme said:

Sister, I have no doubt of the great status of the Shaheed Hazrat Abbas, but I think she may have accidentally said "If Hazrat Abbas would allow my son to speak...". What exactly does she mean if Hazrat Abbas would allow her son to speak? Is the point not asking Hazrat Abbas to ask Allah, so that Allah may allow her son to be cured? 

Could you please clarify this? 

9 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Just observe the logic:

9 hours ago, Guest Itsme said:

Do you believe the Imams know every single thing every human being is thinking, feeling, wishing, and wanting at every moment? Who knows you best, Allah, our the Aimmah? Surely nobody knows you better than Allah, and is he not best placed to invite one to visit the grave of his most pious servants, if such a thing happens?

Sulayman bin Khalid inquired from Imam Ja’far as Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) that, “I have heard that you have said, that Allah beholds the Earth every day and night for a hundred thousand times. Then He forgives anyone whom He pleases and He chastises anyone whom He pleases? And that He shall forgive the pilgrim of the grave of Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) and his family and anyone whom he intercedes for on the day of Qiyamah, whoever he be? Then shall the one, who is worthy of hell-fire, also be forgiven?” Imam ((عليه السلام).) replied,

Yes, even the one worthy of hell-fire, provided that he is not an enemy of the Ahlul Bayt ((عليه السلام).)”.

Shaikh Abul Qasim Ja’far bin Muhammad bin Qawlawyh relates from his father, who relates from Ibn Mahboob, who relates from Husayn, the grandson of Abu Hamza Sumali, that during the last days of the caliphate of Bani Marwan, I left for the pilgrimage to the grave of Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) hiding from the Syrians. I reached Karbala and took shelter in a corner of the desert.

At midnight I went towards the grave, and when I reached further, a man came and stood facing me saying, “Your reward is with Allah! Return back, for you shall not reach the grave”. I returned back, and when it was early morning, I went towards the grave. When I reached there, the same man approached me and said, “O slave of Allah! You shall not reach the grave”. I said, “May Allah pardon you! Why would I not reach it when I have come from Kufa for the pilgrimage? Do not desist me, for I fear lest it dawns and the Syrians find me here and kill me”.

He replied, “Wait for a moment, for (Prophet) Moosa bin Imran ((عليه السلام).) has solicited permission from Allah to visit the grave of Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).), he has received permission and has descended from the heavens accompanied by seventy thousand Angels. They are in his (Imam’s) presence since the beginning of the night and are awaiting dawn so as to return back to the heavens”. I asked him, “May Allah pardon you! Who are you?” And he replied, “I am one of the Angels appointed to guard the grave of Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) and invoke forgiveness for his pilgrims.

I returned back and wondered whether my intellect would part away having heard his words. I again went to the head of the grave after dawn, while there was none to desist me now. I offered salutations and cursed his murderers, and then I offered the morning Prayers and hastened back in fear of the Syrians.

I said, “By Allah! This is excellent”! Imam Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) asked,

“O Mufazzal! Should I narrate to you something more?”

I replied, “Verily yes, O my master”! And he ((عليه السلام).) continued,

“It is as if I see an illuminated plank on which is kept a dome of red rubies studded with gems. Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) is seated upon it, while ninety thousand green domes are around him. It is as if the believers visit him and offer salutations, while Allah, the Mighty, the Sublime, tells them: ‘O my friends! Ask of Me, for it is quite a long period that you have borne severity and been humiliated and persecuted, while this is the day that whatever of your desires, whether of this world or the hereafter, that you wish from Me, shall be fulfilled.’ And their food and drink is from ParadiseWhile by Allah, this is the excellence which is unparalleled”.

Allamah Majlisi says that the descending of food and drink upon them is meant in Barzakh,2 while the erection of the domes will be during the days of the Raj’at (of Aimmah), for it is said, “Desires of this world as well as the hereafter”.

https://www.al-Islam.org/nafasul-mahmum-relating-heart-rending-tragedy-Karbala-shaykh-Abbas-qummi/merit-visiting-grave-Imam

Edited by Ashvazdanghe
  • Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Guest Itsme said:

Sister, I have no doubt of the great status of the Shaheed Hazrat Abbas, but I think she may have accidentally said "If Hazrat Abbas would allow my son to speak...". What exactly does she mean if Hazrat Abbas would allow her son to speak? Is the point not asking Hazrat Abbas to ask Allah, so that Allah may allow her son to be cured? 

Could you please clarify this? 

It is related in Tareekh of Tabari that Azdi said, that Haris bin Hasirah relates from Abdullah bin Shareek Amiri, that when Shimr had got the letter written, he arose along with Abdullah bin Abi Mahl, who was an uncle of Ummul Baneen ((عليه السلام).), daughter of Hizam bin Khalid, and the wife of the Commander of the faithful Imam Ali bin Abi Talib ((عليه السلام).). Ummul Baneen had four sons from Imam Ali ((عليه السلام).), viz. Abbas, Abdullah, Ja’far and Usman. Thus Abdullah bin Abi Mahl bin Hizam bin Khalid bin Rabi’ah bin Waheed bin Ka’ab bin Amir bin Kilab said, “May Allah rectify (the affairs for) the chief! Our nephews are along with Husayn, then if you deem fit, write down a document of security for them.” Ubaydullah said, “Very well”, then he ordered his scribe to write down the document of security for them.

Abdullah sent the letter to Karbala with one of his retainer named Kirman with the message that, “Your uncle (Abdullah bin Abi Mahl) has sent this docu­ment of security for you.” The youth replied, “Convey our greetings to our uncle and tell him that we are in no need of his security. Verily Allah’s security is better than that of the son of Sumayyah.”

Shimr brought the letter of Ubaydullah to Umar bin Sa’ad. When Umar read it he said, “Woe be upon you! What have you brought? May your house be ruined! May it be evil whatever you have brought me! By Allah! I know that you must have prevented him from doing that what I had written to him. And you have spoilt the matter, which could result in peace. By Allah! Husayn will not submit, for he has a noble soul.”

Shimr said, “So now tell me, what do you intend doing? Will you obey the orders of the chief and fight his enemy? If not, then hand over the charge to me.” Umar replied, “No, you shall not have this honor and you shall not get this position. I myself shall undertake this task and you shall be the commander of the foot soldiers.”

Thus Umar bin Sa’ad proceeded towards Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) on Thursday the night of the ninth of Muharram with his army.

Proposal of security to Abbas bin Ali ((عليه السلام).)

Shimr came and stood facing the companions of Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) and called out it a loud voice, “Where are the sons of our sister (of clan)”?

Hearing this Hazrat Abbas, Abdullah, Ja’far and Usman came out and asked him as to what he desired. Shimr replied, “O sons of my sister! You are guaranteed security.” They replied, “Woe be upon you and your security! You offer us security while the son of the Prophet is devoid of it”?

(Malhoof) In another narration it is quoted that Hazrat Abbas ((عليه السلام).) called out in a loud voice, “May your hands be amputated! What an evil security you have brought for us. O enemy of Allah! Do you desire that we should betray our brother and master Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) and obey the accursed sons of accursed fathers”?

men to be roasted on fire”.

Relating to the Martyrdom of our Master Abbas bin Ali bin Abi Talib ((عليه السلام).)

Shaikh Mufeed in his Irshad and Shaikh Tabarsi in his A’alamul Wara say, that the army attacked Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) and also scattered his troops while their thirst intensified. Imam, accompanied with his brother Abbas, galloped towards the Euphrates. The army of Umar bin Sa’ad blocked their way, while a man from Bani Darim called out to them, “Woe be to you! Block their way towards the Euphrates so that they may not reach it”.

Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) said,

“O Allah! Let him be thirsty”.

He was infuriated and shot an arrow towards Imam that pierced his chin. Imam pulled out the arrow and placed his palm below it that became full of blood. Then he said,

“O Allah! I complain to You regarding how they treat the son of the daughter of Your Prophet (S)”,

Then they returned back thirsty. But the army surrounded Hazrat Abbas ((عليه السلام).) and separated him from Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).). Abbas fought lonely until he was martyred. Zayd bin Warqa’ Hanafi and Hakeem bin Tufayl Ta’I jointly killed him after inflicting several wounds upon him and he did not have the strength to move. Sayyid ibn Tawoos too relates somewhat similarly.

Hasan bin Ali Tabarsi relates, that the arrow of the accursed (from Bani Darim) pierced the forehead of Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) and Abbas removed it. But the previous narration is more renowned.

Tabari relates from Hisham, who relates from his father Muhammad bin Saeb, from Qasim bin Asbagh bin Nabatah, who says that someone who was present (in Karbala) during the martyrdom of Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) told me that, when the army of Husayn was routed, he mounted his horse and went towards the Euphrates. A man from Bani Aban bin Darim said, “Woe be to you! Station yourself between him and the Euphrates so that his Shi’ah may not join him”. He galloped his horse and the army too followed him and blocked his access to the Euphrates.

Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) said,

“O Allah! Make him thirsty”.

The Abani shot an arrow that pierced the chin of Imam. Imam pulled out the arrow and placed his palm below it, which became full of blood, and he said,

“O Allah! I complain to You regarding how they treat the son of the daughter of Your Prophet (S)”.

By Allah! Not much time passed, when I saw thirst overwhelming him while he (the Abani man) was never satiated.

Qasim bin Asbagh further says that I was along with the one who was fanning him (the Abani man) while a sweet drink, a jar of milk and jug of water was kept. He was saying, “Woe be to you! Thirst is killing me”. A jar of water or a cup, which was quenching the thirst of his family, was handed over to him. He drank and vomited it, then slept for some time. Then again he started saying, “Woe be to you! Give me water, thirst is killing me”. By Allah! A sight similar to this was not seen before, while his stomach cracked like that of a Camel.

We (the author) say that from the narration of Ibn Nima it proves that the name of the person was Zar’ah bin Aban bin Darim.

It is related from Qasim bin Asbagh bin Nabatah, who relates from a person who had seen Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) (in Karbala) who had positioned himself upon a high moat close to the bank so as to reach the Euphrates, while Abbas was along with him. Suddenly the letter of Ubaydullah addressed to Umar bin Sa’ad arrived, which said that, “Block the water supply to Husayn and his companions, and let them not taste a drop from it”.

Umar bin Sa’ad dispatched ‘Amr bin Hajjaj along with five hundred men to the waterfront. Abdullah bin Haseen Azdi called out, “O Husayn! Do you see this water flowing similar to the heavens? By Allah! You shall not get a drop from it until you, along with your companions, perish of thirst”. Zar’ah bin Aban bin Darim said, “Position yourselves between him and the Euphrates”. Then he shot an arrow towards Imam that pierced his chin, and he said,

“O Allah! Let him die of thirst and never forgive him”.

A drink was brought for the Imam ((عليه السلام).), but he could not drink due to the constant flow of blood. He threw the blood towards the heavens and said,

“Likewise towards the heavens”.

And it is related from Shaikh Abdus Samad, from Abul Faraj, from Abdul Rahman bin Jawzi, that after this the Abani man (Zar’ah) was inflicted with the (disease of) scorching of the stomach and cold back, and was yelling. Thereafter the above narration of Tabari is quoted until the end.

The author of Umdatut Talib, in context of the children of Abbas ((عليه السلام).), says that his Kuniyah (agnomen) was Abul Fazl and title Saqqa (the water carrier). He was bestowed this title because he went to seek water for his brother on the day of Ashura, but before he could reach it to him, he was martyred. His grave is situated near the bank of the river (Euphrates) on the spot of his martyrdom. He was the standard-bearer of Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) on that day.

Abu Nasr Bukhari relates from Mufazzal bin Umar, that Imam Ja’far as Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) said,

“Our uncle Abbas was prudent and possessed a firm faith. He fought along with Abu Abdullah (Imam Husayn) and underwent trials until he was martyred. While (the responsibility of) his blood lies with the Bani Hanifah, and he was thirty-four years when he was killed. His mother, as also that of his brothers Usman, Ja’far and Abdullah, was Ummul Baneen, the daughter of Hizam bin Khalid bin Rabi’ah.”

https://www.al-Islam.org/nafasul-mahmum-relating-heart-rending-tragedy-Karbala-shaykh-Abbas-qummi/shimr-bin-ziljawshan’s#proposal-security-Abbas-bin-Ali

• Moderators

Bismillah ar-rahman ar-raheem

Salaam alaikum

The simple answer is that this practice does not come from the Qur'an or the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام). 

There is a concerning trend among some people in our community to argue vehemently in favour of concepts which do not actually come from our sources and have no relation to our core fiqh or aqaaid.

It has reached the point that people are ready to make the most far fetched conclusions (eg. Aimmah inviting suicide bombers to their shrines in order to unite people) just to support these concepts which are neither from the Qur'an nor from the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام)

Wallahu a'lam  

• Veteran Member
On 4/6/2019 at 5:43 PM, Guest Itsme said:

When Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) decided to make  His Representatives on this Earth, He gave Adam (عليه السلام), the first Representative, a knowledge that even Angels have to learn from him.  Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows best and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) can teach Angels directly, but Adam (عليه السلام) was given sufficient knowledge to represent Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and taught Angels and humans.

With the tasks to command the whole people on the planet as official Ulil Amr, can we say that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has not  equipped all Imams with the necessary knowledge and abilities?  Whether Imams use or not their bestowed abilities, I am sure Imams will seek permission from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) all the time.  I am sure, every single moves that each Imam made when they act as official Ulil Amr, they are with close contact with Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).  The channel is always opened for them.

Then came Iblis, who believe in Tawheed and knew the Greatness of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) long before Adam.  Iblis only problem was he wanted to serve Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) directly  and refused to take Adam as Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) chosen Representative.  In order word, if Adam is praying to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), Iblis does not want to be a makmuun (follower). Iblis wanted to pray directly to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and disregard Adam.  He turned into pure Syaitan because he believed he is superior to Adam in creation.

By the way Brother (Guest Itsme), who taught you Qur'an, Islam, prayers  duas, right path, Ahlul Bayt... the answer is Prophet and Ahlul Bayt. 

You can answer Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) taught you every thing, but there will be a follow up to your answer...Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) taught Islam, Qur'an ...through Prophet and Ahlul Bayt.  

The only answer you can say directly to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)...Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) made me understood the message of Islam, Qur'an, Salat and all teachings that delivered by Prophet and Ahlul Bayt.  Because Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is directly responsible to give Hidayah to those who accepted the teachings and following his Representatives.

Don't compare the status of Prophets or Imams to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).  Prophet and Imams are slaves to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).  Everyone knows it.  Nothing can be compared to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

However, don’t try to campare the status of Prophet and Ahlul Bayt to other humans.  They are Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Representatives (true Slaves of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)) and official Ulil Amr and we are nobody.

The true Representatives of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) or the Ulil Amr ( according to Qur'an), has certain abilities,  Adam (عليه السلام) has knowlegde bestowed on him for a purpose.

Our Ulil Amr knows our situations by permission of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).  Because they know our situation, inside and out therefore they are given tasks to guide us, to pray for us and to listen to our sufferings AND they are not disconnected to all humans.

:bismillah:

وَإِنَّ الشَّيَاطِينَ لَيُوحُونَ إِلَىٰ أَوْلِيَائِهِمْ لِيُجَادِلُوكُمْ
( Lo! the devils do inspire their minions to dispute with you.) 6:121

Question is that can our Imams (asws) inspire their Shias? 

• Advanced Member
On 4/4/2019 at 5:38 PM, Salsabeel said:

All praises are for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), when we reach at the shrine of any ma'soom we recite this first of all:

الْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ الَّذِي هَدَانَا لِهَـذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لِنَهْتَدِيَ لَوْلا أَنْ هَدَانَا اللّهُ 

We do recite "izn-e-dakhool" before entering into the shrine because it is forbidden to enter into the houses without the permission of the residents/owners. 

What do you mean? If permission is sought before entering someone's house, do you recite permission and then enter without waiting for them to grant permission? Or do you wait and only when they say something like 'you may enter' do you enter? 

Guest Itsme
9 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

:bismillah:

وَإِنَّ الشَّيَاطِينَ لَيُوحُونَ إِلَىٰ أَوْلِيَائِهِمْ لِيُجَادِلُوكُمْ
( Lo! the devils do inspire their minions to dispute with you.) 6:121

Question is that can our Imams (asws) inspire their Shias? 

What about the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)?

• Veteran Member

وَلَيْسَ الْبِرُّ بِأَنْ تَأْتُوا الْبُيُوتَ مِنْ ظُهُورِهَا وَلَٰكِنَّ الْبِرَّ مَنِ اتَّقَىٰ ۗ وَأْتُوا الْبُيُوتَ مِنْ أَبْوَابِهَا ۚ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ {189}

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 2:189]

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

On account of superstitious customs

before Islam, the Arabs, after putting the 'Ihram' did not enter their houses through the regular doors, but made new back entrances to get into their abodes. This verse put an end to this false belief.

The true interpretation of this verse is that every occasion has its own door of approach. Every arena, physical, intellectual, or spiritual, has its natural point of entry. The intelligent man recognises the right door, unsuperstitiously, and in order to enter depends on knowledge. Entering from behind is a figurative expression for rejecting the right course, and entering through the (regular) door means following the right path. The house is the "house of guidance". Righteousness is this that one should approach the "house of guidance" through its door, the right path. "I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate", said the Holy Prophet. To know the true guidance one has to turn to Ali as the Shia school (Islam original) rightly does. The Mutazali sect of Sunni school and the Sufis also follow the teachings of Imam Ali ibna abi Talib.

• Advanced Member

Aseel (Lebnani girl) Mojza/miracle safar e ishq Arbaeen (20 Safar 1439/2017) -Karbala

https://youtu.be/oUytZYEqsuw

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَدْخُلُوا بُيُوتَ النَّبِيِّ إِلَّا أَن يُؤْذَنَ لَكُمْ إِلَىٰ طَعَامٍ غَيْرَ نَاظِرِينَ إِنَاهُ وَلَـٰكِنْ إِذَا دُعِيتُمْ فَادْخُلُوا فَإِذَا طَعِمْتُمْ فَانتَشِرُوا وَلَا مُسْتَأْنِسِينَ لِحَدِيثٍ ۚ إِنَّ ذَٰلِكُمْ كَانَ يُؤْذِي النَّبِيَّ فَيَسْتَحْيِي مِنكُمْ ۖ وَاللَّـهُ لَا يَسْتَحْيِي مِنَ الْحَقِّ ۚ وَإِذَا سَأَلْتُمُوهُنَّ مَتَاعًا فَاسْأَلُوهُنَّ مِن وَرَاءِ حِجَابٍ ۚ ذَٰلِكُمْ أَطْهَرُ لِقُلُوبِكُمْ وَقُلُوبِهِنَّ ۚ وَمَا كَانَ لَكُمْ أَن تُؤْذُوا رَسُولَ اللَّـهِ وَلَا أَن تَنكِحُوا أَزْوَاجَهُ مِن بَعْدِهِ أَبَدًا ۚ إِنَّ ذَٰلِكُمْ كَانَ عِندَ اللَّـهِ عَظِيمًا ﴿٥٣ إِن تُبْدُوا شَيْئًا أَوْ تُخْفُوهُ فَإِنَّ اللَّـهَ كَانَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمًا ﴿٥٤

O you who have faith! Do not enter the Prophet’s houses for a meal until you are granted permission, without hanging around for it to be readied. But enter when you are invited, and disperse when you have taken your meal, without cozying up for chats. Such conduct on your part offends the Prophet, and he is ashamed of [asking] you [to leave]; but Allah is not ashamed of [expressing] the truth. When you ask [his] womenfolk for something, do so from behind a curtain. That is more chaste for your hearts and theirs. You should not offend the Apostle of Allah, nor may you ever marry his wives after him. Indeed that would be a grave [sin] with Allah. (53) Whether you disclose anything or hide it, Allah indeed knows all things. (54)

http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.qarai/33:53

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تُقَدِّمُوا بَيْنَ يَدَيِ اللَّـهِ وَرَسُولِهِ ۖ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّـهَ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّـهَ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ ﴿١

O you who have faith! Do not venture ahead of Allah and His Apostle, and be wary of Allah. Indeed Allah is all-hearing, all-knowing. (1) O you who have faith! Do not raise your voices above the voice of the Prophet, and do not speak aloud to him like you shout to one another, lest your works should fail without your being aware. (2) Indeed those who lower their voices in the presence of the Apostle of Allah—they are the ones whose hearts Allah has tested for Godwariness. For them will be forgiveness and a great reward. (3)Indeed those who call you from behind the apartments, most of them do not use their reason. (4)

http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.qarai/49:1

Edited by Ashvazdanghe
10 hours ago, just a Muslim said:

What do you mean? If permission is sought before entering someone's house, do you recite permission and then enter without waiting for them to grant permission? Or do you wait and only when they say something like 'you may enter' do you enter? 

Salam, 

I have shared here few ahadith of Imams (asws) directing/commanding us to visit the grave of Imam Hussain ((عليه السلام)). That is what we consider as a general invitation in the form of directive/command and also as permission to enter. So we don't wait for the voice "permission granted", we just enter after asking three times for the permission to enter. This is what we have been taught as an etiquette and it is not obligatory, it is recommended. 

• Forum Administrators
On 4/4/2019 at 7:33 AM, Guest Itsme said:

the idea that the Prophet or members of his Ahlul Bayt specifically allow people to visit their shrines is an unfounded one without evidence.

This sounds very negative and I would caution you to be careful about making such a statement about the Holy Masoomeen AS without any evidence.

As a convert or revert, I can say that anything I did not initially understand about Shia Islam became clear when I learned more.

I have only been honored to make one Ziyarat in my lifetime, to the Holy City of Mashhad. When you enter there is a sign that people read out loud before entering and if you don't know how to read then someone can read it for you.

• Advanced Member
On 4/9/2019 at 10:02 AM, Salsabeel said:

Salam, 

I have shared here few ahadith of Imams (asws) directing/commanding us to visit the grave of Imam Hussain ((عليه السلام)). That is what we consider as a general invitation in the form of directive/command and also as permission to enter. So we don't wait for the voice "permission granted", we just enter after asking three times for the permission to enter. This is what we have been taught as an etiquette and it is not obligatory, it is recommended. 

I still don’t understand. If the ahadith are considered an invitation and permission, why ask permission again 3 times? 

Edited by just a muslim
  • Advanced Member
14 minutes ago, just a Muslim said:

why ask permission again 3 times? 

Salam it was  traditional of Prophet Muhammad (pbu) that he was calling Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) & specially he was calling after revelation of verses of Tatbir 33:33 every morning three times , he was asking for permission to enter to any house 3 times if after 3 times people didn’t respond he didn’t enter to their house .

• Veteran Member
On 4/10/2019 at 6:33 AM, starlight said:

I believe one shouldn't debate with people whose sole purpose is to create doubts and fitna. 

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

God only knows his intention dear sister.  It's one thing that he may not agree, but then when he takes it to the public and keeps pressing on it, you wonder what lies behind his purpose of undermining Ahulbayt's gifts and blessings to the believers.  

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

2 hours ago, just a Muslim said:

I still don’t understand. If the ahadith are considered an invitation and permission, why ask permission again 3 times? 

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَدْخُلُوا بُيُوتَ النَّبِيِّ إِلَّا أَن يُؤْذَنَ لَكُمْ 

Asking permission is an etiquette as mentioned earlier.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:02 AM, Salsabeel said:

This is what we have been taught as an etiquette and it is not obligatory, it is recommended. 

Surah An-Noor, Verse 27:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَدْخُلُوا بُيُوتًا غَيْرَ بُيُوتِكُمْ حَتَّىٰ تَسْتَأْنِسُوا وَتُسَلِّمُوا عَلَىٰ أَهْلِهَا ذَٰلِكُمْ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَذَكَّرُونَ

O you who believe! Do not enter houses other than your own houses until you have asked permission and saluted their inmates; this is better for you, that you may be mindful. (English - Shakir) 

Edited by Salsabeel