Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ali_fatheroforphans

If you could meet a Shiachatter in real life?

Rate this topic

I have already met several people from ShiaChat and they have all been nice and friendly people.

Its always nice to meet people in real life too, usually people online forget that they are talking to real life humans on the other end so they allow themselves to talk in whatever way they feel like for the moment.

On 4/5/2019 at 12:08 PM, Bakir said:

@Islandsandmirrors hahah, if you ever pass by Madrid, tell me! Not as cool as Barcelona or Granada but still, nice city to visit! This also goes to fellow SCers!

Hahaha sure! I actually have a friend who is studying abroad in Madrid, so when I visit the area, I’ll let you know! 

2 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

@HakimPtsid: it’d be pretty cool to meet you too! 

You likewise :)

Edited by HakimPtsid

Was at a large religious gathering outside, sat next to a random guy on the bench, and as I pulled out my phone and turned to say Salam to him (he was also wearing black), he was vigorously typing on ShiaChat.

That’s the closest real life encounter I had with a same gender ShiaChat’er. I never pried and asked his name or ID, I didn’t take initiative to tell mine. 

Who knows who I missed the honor of knowing from the whole great bunch of you. 

7 hours ago, AMR5 said:

Was at a large religious gathering outside, sat next to a random guy on the bench, and as I pulled out my phone and turned to say Salam to him (he was also wearing black), he was vigorously typing on ShiaChat.

That’s the closest real life encounter I had with a same gender ShiaChat’er. I never pried and asked his name or ID, I didn’t take initiative to tell mine. 

Who knows who I missed the honor of knowing from the whole great bunch of you. 

:salam:

Even though I am enclined to anonymity like what brother @Reza described, I definitely wouldn't have this case unsolved, as I also strongly believe in those everyday life signs and occasions to change your fate.

On 4/4/2019 at 8:33 AM, Ibn Al-Ja'abi said:

Many of the brothers I've wanted to meet I have met, funny enough they live far away from me. The one brother I would like to meet should theoretically be the easiest to meet, @AStruggler and I go to the same university, study in the same program, have the same circle of friends, and we found out we're both in the same course together this semester and are both probably right now studying for the same final. Despite that, we've never actually met in person. God alone knows how this is.

Man how hard can it be lol? like surely you guys have 5 min to take out from your day. I have a feeling I might meet him before you do, even though I live on the other side of the world.

12 hours ago, realizm said:

:salam:

Even though I am enclined to anonymity like what brother @Reza described, I definitely wouldn't have this case unsolved, as I also strongly believe in those everyday life signs and occasions to change your fate.

True.. I sort of regretted it, but ShiaChat anonymity is a true bliss. Besides he could have apprehensions being caught ‘red haded’ on ShiaChat -:) 

2 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Man how hard can it be lol? like surely you guys have 5 min to take out from your day. I have a feeling I might meet him before you do, even though I live on the other side of the world.

Not so hard as it seems, should update that @AStruggler and I met up today in an adrenaline fueled study session before our final. 

5 hours ago, Ibn Al-Ja'abi said:

Not so hard as it seems, should update that @AStruggler and I met up today in an adrenaline fueled study session before our final. 

Congrats man! Yeah strug said you guys had some interesting discussions.