Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ali_fatheroforphans

If you could meet a Shiachatter in real life?

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, notme said:

I like to maintain my illusions. :)

In the distant past, in another life, I met several shiachatters in real life. Most of them were really cool and genuine. Then I met my ex-husband on shiachat. I'm scarred for life now and don't want to meet any of y'all. Sorry. 

Aww I’m so sorry to hear about that. I’m sure it must have been very scary. 

I would though like to meet @notme, @Hameedeh, @ShiaMan14, @2Timeless, @Bakir, @ali_fatheroforphans In real life. 

Many of the brothers I've wanted to meet I have met, funny enough they live far away from me. The one brother I would like to meet should theoretically be the easiest to meet, @AStruggler and I go to the same university, study in the same program, have the same circle of friends, and we found out we're both in the same course together this semester and are both probably right now studying for the same final. Despite that, we've never actually met in person. God alone knows how this is.

1 hour ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Aww I’m so sorry to hear about that. I’m sure it must have been very scary

I might make an exception for you and just a few others. 

It's easy to pretend to be one person online and be totally different in real life. It's also shockingly easy to online-stalk someone who mistakenly trusts you. 

34 minutes ago, notme said:

It's easy to pretend to be one person online and be totally different in real life. It's also shockingly easy to online-stalk someone who mistakenly trusts you

Yeah you really have to trust someone before meeting them irl. That's the thing people can turn out to be completely different people. It probably can shock you.

I personally met @Ruqaya101 and @3wliya_maryam as they were at my uni, and they were legit the same as they are online. 

1 hour ago, notme said:

It's easy to pretend to be one person online and be totally different in real life. It's also shockingly easy to online-stalk someone who mistakenly trusts you. 

I completely agree. A guy I liked prior to meeting my husband was nothing like how he was through PMs. When I Skyped with him, it felt like I was talking to a complete stranger, and it gave me major anxiety. I then ended things with him. 

It’s ironic that my husband and I met online, but at that point, I was very cautious. I’m no longer quick to trust people on the internet, but most people on ShiaChat are probably who they say they are and it’s a closer-nit circle of users. So I guess I’m open to meeting more people from this forum, if they want to meet me irl. 

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Wa Alikum Assalam Wa Rahamah dear sister @jannahismygoal

God bless you jaan.  Insh'Allah we will meet one day at ziyarat of Imams, or if you decide to come and do ziyarat for Sayyida Zaynab 3laha salam, would love to meet you.  The honor is all mine.

Lebanon also has many places to visit like maqam of Prophets and the daughter of Imam Hussain in B3lback, her name is Sayyida Khawla. 

image.jpeg.2fbbf31c59bdeed8cbe0d21f02425f86.jpeg

The holy shrine of Syeda Khawla (s.a) Daughter of Imam Hussain (a.s) in Baalbek, Lebanon. #waqeel_e_hussain_as #waqeel_e_bibi_fatima_sa #hussainiatishumanity #hussainiat #alihaq #alimola #aliwaris #alihaqdaimam #aliunwaliullah #aliunwaliallah_haq #shia #syedakhawla #imamhussain #imamhossein  #shiapost #najaf #lebanon  #qom #mashhad #karbala #iran #iraq #syedzeeshanbukhari

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Also I would love my mum to meet a lot of aunties in this forum. I would perhaps love to be invited to dinner and try the delicious food they cook.

For example, @Hameedeh

Edited by Ibn Al-Ja'abi

Everyone has to get out of their rooms first...

Remember most SCers don’t get enough sunlight. 

I don’t want to meet anyone here. I like the virtual anonymous profile separated from physical life.

A more interesting question is, have I ever been in close proximity to a ShiaChat member (or even met), but neither of us knew we were members?

I forgot to mention I’d want to meet @Gaius I. Caesar. That’d be so rad.  

6 hours ago, Reza said:

I don’t want to meet anyone here. I like the virtual anonymous profile separated from physical life.

A more interesting question is, have I ever been in close proximity to a ShiaChat member (or even met), but neither of us knew we were members?

About sums up.