Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Shia friendly translations of the Qur'an

Rate this topic

Anyone know of notable translations of the Qur'an by Shias, as mainstream ones tend to be by Sunnis or Orientalists.

If giving to people for dawah purposes, it may confuse some, for example as many mainstream ones by Sunnis translate the verse of wudhu as "washing the feet", or state (In Jerusalem) in brackets after masjidul Aqsa in Surah al Israa, which many Shias do not believe.

Also some translations include footnotes to verses of Sunni ahadith.

Additionally, it would be helpful if there were explanatory footnotes to verses alluding to Ahlul Bayt as.

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Check out the translator Ali Quli Qarai.

I’ve also seen a lot of people use Shakir as well on his site (I like his translations too to be honest), I checked a few of those special ayahs which have to do exclusively with just Shia beliefs, like the wudhu ayah, the ayah about Imam Ali giving charity while in ruku, and I noticed his translation was always different than the mainstream Sunni translations. I felt that for what I saw so far they were consistent with our beliefs, but I only checked a few ayahs. 

Edited by AStruggler

4 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

If giving to people for dawah purposes, it may confuse some, for example as many mainstream ones by Sunnis translate the verse of wudhu as "washing the feet", or state (In Jerusalem) in brackets after masjidul Aqsa in Surah al Israa, which many Shias do not believe.

Sounds like the Hilali-Muhsin Khan translation. That's decidedly a "Wahhabi" translation. Only they would have the kahunas to insert their personal opinions into the Qur'an. ^