Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

I’ve heard many stories and experienced things myself about other supernatural things than jinns that exist but none of it is in the Qur'an. I’m writing this right now because at 3:33 just now things started to move in my room and even my lamp fell by itself also yesterday I saw a face while I was leaning down to get something in the dark I’m not sure if that was a mental illness issue because I see random things all the time but it was definitely the most real and terrifying thing I’ve seen in real life I can recognize if it was real or fake it looked real.

5 minutes ago, 313. said:

I’ve heard many stories and experienced things myself about other supernatural things than jinns that exist but none of it is in the Qur'an. I’m writing this right now because at 3:33 just now things started to move in my room and even my lamp fell by itself also yesterday I saw a face while I was leaning down to get something in the dark I’m not sure if that was a mental illness issue because I see random things all the time but it was definitely the most real and terrifying thing I’ve seen in real life I can recognize if it was real or fake it looked real.

Also an important part I forgot to add is I state the ayat Al kursi almost everytime I go to sleep which is suppose to protect you from this does that mean it didn’t work??

I Have also had many such experiences throughout my life. We have to eliminate natural causes first, such as it can easily have been a mice moving your lamp by the lead. If not then it could be a supernatural occurrence which I think would most likely be a jinn. Do not separate mind disorder ( which is a better and more respectable word than mental illness) as a factor to desregard the experience as not supernatural. I think mind disorders are part of the supernatural experiences. I talk more about it in this thread:

Regarding Ayatul Kursi, it is not easy to recite anything or pray without fully focusing on it. It is a challenge for our nafs. If we can overcome it then Allah subhana wa tala excepts our duas and prayers. Many of us including myself struggle with it. Keep working on it and inshallah it will be accepted and your experiences with these entities will diminish inshalah. There is another discussion thread about this same issue of concentrating during prayers in which I offered advice as well.

On 3/30/2019 at 5:45 AM, 313. said:

I’m writing this right now because at 3:33 just now things started to move in my room

What happened exactly? What things moved?

I saw a face while I was leaning down to get something in the dark

What did the face look like?

I see random things all the time

define "random things".

On 3/30/2019 at 5:52 AM, 313. said:

I state the ayat Al kursi almost everytime I go to sleep which is suppose to protect you from this does that mean it didn’t work??

Did you suffer any injury or harm? Did anyone else around you suffer anything? If the answer is no, then it worked, right?

I mean no disrespect in asking this... are you taking any medication that could possibly cause hallucinations? I know there are many different medications that do cause people to hallucinate.

8 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

I Have also had many such experiences throughout my life. We have to eliminate natural causes first, such as it can easily have been a mice moving your lamp by the lead. If not then it could be a supernatural occurrence which I think would most likely be a jinn. Do not separate mind disorder ( which is a better and more respectable word than mental illness) as a factor to desregard the experience as not supernatural. I think mind disorders are part of the supernatural experiences. I talk more about it in this thread:

Regarding Ayatul Kursi, it is not easy to recite anything or pray without fully focusing on it. It is a challenge for our nafs. If we can overcome it then Allah subhana wa tala excepts our duas and prayers. Many of us including myself struggle with it. Keep working on it and inshallah it will be accepted and your experiences with these entities will diminish inshalah. There is another discussion thread about this same issue of concentrating during prayers in which I offered advice as well.

Our prayers and duas are not excepted unless we are fully focused on it?

8 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

What happened exactly? What things moved?

What did the face look like?

define "random things".

Did you suffer any injury or harm? Did anyone else around you suffer anything? If the answer is no, then it worked, right?

Why would it matter who or what moved? And no it doesn't work unless its gone and I don't see anything cuz the purpose for me saying it was because I was seeing things which scared me.

On 4/10/2019 at 6:17 PM, 313. said:

Why would it matter who or what moved?

because there are specifc things that a ghost can move and there are specific things that a ghost can not touch. Same with Jinns, there are certain things that a good Jinn will not want to touch and there are specific things that a bad Jinn will specifically go after. Knowing what was touched or moved helps determine what was in the room with you.

And no it doesn't work unless its gone

what doesn't work unless its gone?

the purpose for me saying it was because I was seeing things which scared me.

again, see my post above about who touches what and who avoids what.

6 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

because there are specifc things that a ghost can move and there are specific things that a ghost can not touch. Same with Jinns, the

Real ghosts have no limit but sometimes jinns are manipulating mind of people by showing themselves as ghosts also ghosts don’t remain in our world as what is shown in movies 

On 4/11/2019 at 12:12 AM, 313. said:

Our prayers and duas are not excepted unless we are fully focused on it?

That's right. We have to pay full attention to our prayers. Personally I think one possible solution is to control our five senses (vision, smell, texture, taste, hearing). Don’t let your senses find environmental stimulants that cause us to start thinking during prayers.

So do things like switching off your phone during prayers and concentrate your eyes on the turba. Maybe that is what is meant by controlling our nafs. 

Environmental stimulants start a internal process where information is broken down and categorised in our mind. In other words it is the thinking process that distracts us and effects our concentration in our prayers. It is not easy to control it but I am sure we can achieve it so our prayers are accepted inshalah. 

This lecture  video explains everything well:

https://youtu.be/MCAzAQQsg2Q

8 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

ghost can move and there are specific things that a ghost can not touch. Same with Jinns, there are certain things that a good Jinn will not want to touch and there are specific things that a bad Jinn will specifically go after. Knowing what was touched or moved helps determine what was in the room with you.

That's interesting. I would love to find out more. Of this aspect of tbese supernatural entities. 

8 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Real ghosts have no limit but sometimes jinns are manipulating mind of people by showing themselves as ghosts also ghosts don’t remain in our world as what is shown in movies 

I don't put too much emphasis on ghosts because our souls are not really suppose to be around. I think it could be our physical energy that still lingers on old material things tnat people see as ghosts. That's what I think I saw or it coukd be a jinn imitating a ghost. I am more convinced that jinns are around us a lot. 

There’s no concept of ghosts in Islam, because the Holy Qur'an clearly states in surah al-Muminun [23:99-100]:

[For such is the state of the disbelievers], until, when death comes to one of them, he says, "My Lord, send me back That I might do righteousness in that which I left behind." No! It is only a word he is saying; and behind them is a barrier until the Day they are resurrected.

When a person dies, his soul (ruh) is separated from this world till the Day of Judgment. 

On 4/13/2019 at 1:05 AM, OrthodoxTruth said:

There’s no concept of ghosts in Islam, because the Holy Qur'an clearly states in surah al-Muminun [23:99-100]:

When a person dies, his soul (ruh) is separated from this world till the Day of Judgment. 

That's right I agree but what about people stating that our soul becomes trapped or something if we die a unnatural death. Also what about the soul visiting loved ones on Earth? I usually associate ghosts with jinns. 

9 minutes ago, Murtaza1 said:

That's right I agree but what about people stating that our soul becomes trapped or something if we die a unnatural death.

Which people state that? The Christians? I doubt it came from scholarly, orthodox  Islamic sources.

9 minutes ago, Murtaza1 said:

Also what about the soul visiting loved ones on Earth? I usually associate ghosts with jinns. 

Souls can’t visit anyone on Earth as clearly indicated previously. If you associate ghosts with jinns, then you are very mistaken for the simple fact that ghosts do not exist, while jinns are a real entities. 

9 minutes ago, OrthodoxTruth said:

Which people state that? The Christians? I doubt it came from scholarly, orthodox  Islamic sources.

I can’t remember now but its probably not true then 

If you associate ghosts with jinns, then you are very mistaken for the simple fact that ghosts do not exist, while jinns are a real entities

I mean that jinns imitate ghosts because some people may falsely believe in ghosts so jinns manipulate them by pretending to be ghosts. I have come across such examples when entities say things such as they are the diceased soul of a previous home owner. 

Souls can’t visit anyone on Earth as clearly indicated previously. 

I am sure I have heard in Islam that some souls can visit relatives on Earth on Thursday or Friday night and we should pray for them. 

Edited by Murtaza1

On 4/13/2019 at 4:35 AM, OrthodoxTruth said:

It's not done immediately it's in narrationn that until burying of body finishes soul will be around dead body & after it will enter to grave for answering questions also it narrated from Imam Ali (عليه السلام) that souls of all belivers after death will go to 'Wadi AL Salam' in kufa & they are with each other until judgment day & souls of sinners will go  to 'Barahoot' in yemen 

It mostly comes from movies 

7 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

It's not done immediately it's in narrationn that until burying of body finishes soul will be around dead body & after it will enter to grave for answering questions also it narrated from Imam Ali (عليه السلام) that souls of all belivers after death will go to 'Wadi AL Salam' in kufa & they are with each other until judgment day & souls of sinners will go  to 'Barahoot' in yemen 

Subhanallah, but they do not “hunt the living” like the Christian ghosts.

7 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

It mostly comes from movies 

That’s what I thought..

39 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

souls of all belivers after death will go to 'Wadi AL Salam' in kufa & they are with each other until judgment day & souls of sinners will go  to 'Barahoot' in yemen 

That's right. I know about the Valley of Peace where our soul gather until the day of judgment, it is the location in the massive graveyard in Iraq. 

According to Imam Ahmad Rida Khan who was a Sunni scholar souls of the deceased visit their houses they stand at the door and say, ‘Is there anyone who remembers us? Is there anyone who has pity on us? Is there anyone who mentions our poverty?’. It appears in Fatawa Ridawiyyah, vol. 9, pg. 654. 

Do we jave anything like that in Shia Islam or do we not believe in the soul visiting their houses on Earth?

9 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

Do we jave anything like that in Shia Islam or do we not believe in the soul visiting their houses on Earth?

Salam

Imam Sadiq (as): every believer or non believer soul visits his/her family every noon & watches them 

عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللهِ قَالَ مَا مِنْ مُؤْمِنٍ وَ لَا كَافِرٍ إِلَّا وَ هُوَ يَأْتِي أَهْلَهُ عِنْدَ زَوَالِ الشَّمْس‏ (شیخ كلينى، الكافي، تهران: دار الكتب الإسلامية، 1365، ج 3، ص 230

Kulaini , Kafi v3 p230

another one: some passed away souls every Friday or sooner go to visit of their family 

6- عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ قَالَ... مِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَزُورُ كُلَّ جُمْعَةٍ وَ مِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَزُورُ عَلَى قَدْرِ عَمَلِهِ (شیخ كلينى، همان، ج 3، ص 230).

Ibid 

Imam Kadhim (عليه السلام) :some passed away souls every Friday or once a month or once a year  go to visit of their family in form of a bird (flying phantom ) that if they see that they are doing good deeds will become happy & if they do bad deeds they will become disappointed 

ibid

https://www.yjc.ir/fa/news/6440181/آیا-مردگان-در-عالم-برزخ-از-خانواده-خود-اطلاعی-دارند-و-نگران-سرنوشت-آنها-هستند

http://www.jamnews.com/TextVersionDetail/225325

http://hawzahnews.com/detail/News/386589

9 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

Salam

Imam Sadiq (as): every believer or non believer soul visits his/her family every noon & watches them 

عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللهِ قَالَ مَا مِنْ مُؤْمِنٍ وَ لَا كَافِرٍ إِلَّا وَ هُوَ يَأْتِي أَهْلَهُ عِنْدَ زَوَالِ الشَّمْس‏ (شیخ كلينى، الكافي، تهران: دار الكتب الإسلامية، 1365، ج 3، ص 230

Kulaini , Kafi v3 p230

another one: some passed away souls every Friday or sooner go to visit of their family 

6- عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ قَالَ... مِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَزُورُ كُلَّ جُمْعَةٍ وَ مِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَزُورُ عَلَى قَدْرِ عَمَلِهِ (شیخ كلينى، همان، ج 3، ص 230).

Ibid 

Imam Kadhim (عليه السلام) :some passed away souls every Friday or once a month or once a year  go to visit of their family in form of a bird (flying phantom in form of sparrow or more little flyers  ) that if they see that they are doing good deeds will become happy & if they do bad deeds they will become disappointed 

ibid

https://www.yjc.ir/fa/news/6440181/آیا-مردگان-در-عالم-برزخ-از-خانواده-خود-اطلاعی-دارند-و-نگران-سرنوشت-آنها-هستند

http://www.jamnews.com/TextVersionDetail/225325

http://hawzahnews.com/detail/News/386589

@Ashvazdanghe

Jazakalah for your answer and links. I cannot read Arabic yet but google translated it for me. As I thought, it seems like not every soul receives these privileges but some do. I have also felt the presence of some diseased souls around me on Thursday or Friday night.

I remember watching a lecture about many out of body stories by Muslims including some visiting relatives.

Edited by Murtaza1

Guest Nani-Amma

Deceased souls don’t let their presence known. This is just not what they do. 

Either you are seeing jinns, or your are imagining, or you need to go to a psychiatrist. 

On 3/30/2019 at 3:45 PM, 313. said:

I have to ask few questions:

1. Do you think often of the Jinns and Ghosts ?

2. Do you see horror movies or drama ?

3. Can you control your thoughts or they just come non-stop ?

On 3/30/2019 at 1:45 PM, 313. said:

I was washing utensils and the lid with shampoo slid towards me by itself at 3:00 am then I realized it’s soapy under it duhhhhh but there was no wind but then I was like it’s some sort of a FORCE not jinn and I calmed myself down :woot:

50 minutes ago, Noor Taleb said:

I was washing utensils and the lid with shampoo slid towards me by itself at 3:00 am then I realized it’s soapy under it duhhhhh but there was no wind but then I was like it’s some sort of a FORCE not jinn and I calmed myself down :woot:

Once was younger brother screamed when he was going to check the out door, I went and asked what happened, he said: "I saw a tall man with coat looking towards me". I then went to check whether it was tall man, to my dismay, it was a tall tree, giving the shadow like of a tall man inside our house, and then I said duhhhhhh :shifty:

On 4/12/2019 at 3:34 PM, Murtaza1 said:

That's right. We have to pay full attention to our prayers. Personally I think one possible solution is to control our five senses (vision, smell, texture, taste, hearing). Don’t let your senses find environmental stimulants that cause us to start thinking during prayers.

So do things like switching off your phone during prayers and concentrate your eyes on the turba. Maybe that is what is meant by controlling our nafs. 

Environmental stimulants start a internal process where information is broken down and categorised in our mind. In other words it is the thinking process that distracts us and effects our concentration in our prayers. It is not easy to control it but I am sure we can achieve it so our prayers are accepted inshalah. 

This lecture  video explains everything well:

https://youtu.be/MCAzAQQsg2Q

But what if you have severe anxiety that doesnt allow you to fully focus on prayers and duas will their duas nvr be accepted

On 4/25/2019 at 5:57 AM, Guest Nani-Amma said:

Deceased souls don’t let their presence known. This is just not what they do. 

Either you are seeing jinns, or your are imagining, or you need to go to a psychiatrist. 

Sometimes, they do like once my mother was in between sleep and awake state, she felt as if her mother passed near her.