Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ali_fatheroforphans

Being Solution Oriented

Rate this topic

Salam,

It's actually a skill to have a solution oriented approach in life.

If you work in the industry, great leaders thrive on challenges and will constantly look for solutions instead of playing the blame game.

Outside work it's the exact same thing. I personally find myself focusing on the negative energy which finds its way through my body, rather than tackling the probelm at hand.

Would you say that you constantly look for solutions? Do you really take out the time to make a detailed plan to achieve a certain goal? Do you consider different options before coming up with a solution? Do you blame others for your problems?

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

I believe I am more solution oriented than most people around me and I believe it's a good trait but it comes with a caveat, people sometimes think I am cold or unaffected by things in life even if they are happening to me whereas I am just trying to direct all my energies on a solution without letting emotions get in the way.

People around me get tired of my steady supply of possible solutions. I've learned that sometimes they just want someone to listen while they complain. 

I can't help thinking them though, and sometimes they are appreciated. 

I also break things down into a sequence of steps. It's just how I think. I'd make an awesome computer programmer, if that work were the least bit interesting to me. 

Edited by notme

7 minutes ago, notme said:

People around me get tired of my steady supply of possible solutions. I've learned that sometimes they just want someone to listen while they complain. 

I can't help thinking them though, and sometimes they are appreciated. 

I also break things down into a sequence of steps. It's just how I think. I'd make an awesome computer programmer, if that work were the least bit interesting to me. 

That's good, you're a true Engineer. I'm all over the place.

6 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

That's good, you're a true Engineer. I'm all over the place.

Thinking outside the box is also very useful. You'll come up with the questions and possible answers that nobody else has thought.