Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Adam++

Reciting verses of Qur'an while lying down.

Rate this topic

Salam Alaykum,

What is the ruling on reciting verses of the Holy Qur'an from your mobile phone for study while lying down on your back or side.

Thanks,

Jazakum Allah khayr.

On 3/25/2019 at 7:58 PM, Adam++ said:

Salam Alaykum,

What is the ruling on reciting verses of the Holy Qur'an from your mobile phone for study while lying down on your back or side.

Thanks,

Jazakum Allah khayr.

At least you're reading it....right? 

Really though, I experience the Qur'an in multiple ways, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with what you state but you do walk time to read a book copy and make notes and so forth, right?

@Adam++ Nothing wrong with it brother. We need to build more of an everyday relationship with Qur'an, where Qur'an is a part of our daily lives and activities. 

When I was growing up Qur'an was treated as something extremely sacred,which it is no doubt, but the practical aspects of it limited my relationship with the the Holy Book.It was wrapped in a velvet cover which required some work to unwrap, placed on the highest shelf(I always had to stand on something to reach for it) and my elders approved more if I used the special wooden stand for recitation. It wasn't until I was much older that I realised I could actually carry it around with me to work etc to read whenever I found the time or inclination,observing the necessary precautions of handling the Holy Book of course. 

These days Alhumdollilah we have pdf versions and apps that make it very easy to have the Qur'an with us at all times.This makes it even more incumbent on us to familiarise ourselves with it and make it part of our lives.

1 hour ago, starlight said:

These days Alhumdollilah we have pdf versions and apps that make it very easy to have the Qur'an with us at all times.

Anyone know if normal rules of wudhu and purity apply to mere scrolling of the Qur'an in original Arabic script on one's PDA?

36 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Anyone know if normal rules of wudhu and purity apply to mere scrolling of the Qur'an in original Arabic script on one's PDA?

I need to confirm this but as far as I know one doesn't need to be in wudhu to read Qur'an from a mobile phone or tablet.

it's recommended to be in Wudhu not obligatory even with printed Qur'an

about reading while laying down I think If you require yourself to sit and this cause you  to read less, reading Qur'an is better in general so feel free to read in any situation 

الَّذِينَ يَذْكُرُونَ اللَّـهَ قِيَامًا وَقُعُودًا وَعَلَىٰ جُنُوبِهِمْ وَيَتَفَكَّرُونَ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ رَبَّنَا مَا خَلَقْتَ هَـٰذَا بَاطِلًا سُبْحَانَكَ فَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

Those who remember Allah standing, sitting, and lying on their sides, and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the Earth [and say], ‘Our Lord, You have not created this in vain! Immaculate are You! Save us from the punishment of the Fire.[3:191]

and certainly Qur'an is Zekr

Edited by Sayed Hossein

9 hours ago, Sayed Hossein said:

الَّذِينَ يَذْكُرُونَ اللَّـهَ قِيَامًا وَقُعُودًا وَعَلَىٰ جُنُوبِهِمْ وَيَتَفَكَّرُونَ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ رَبَّنَا مَا خَلَقْتَ هَـٰذَا ب

Those who remember Allah standing, sitting, and lying on their sides, and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the Earth [and say], ‘Our Lord, You have not created this in vain! Immaculate are You! Save us from the punishment of the Fire.[3:191]

and certainly Qur'an is Zekr

Thank you all for taking the time to answer the question and thank you Sayed for providing evidence from the Holy Qu'ran.

Indeed, I agree sister @starlight 

Now that the purified text is very easy and accesible to us, I been using Qur'an.com for this very purpose of memorizing, studying and understanding every chapter. 

Reason I asked is because I feel very comfortable and productive when I am resting on my back and studying it. I just wanted to reassure myself this was not seen as disrespectful or not in accordance with Islamic ettiquette.

InshAllah, all the mumin and muminat can strive in their lifetime to memorize the Qu'ran because there is no better gift thab that. 

Jaxakum Alkah khayr again.