Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Yes you can eat a small amount of clay (a pea size) of the graves of the Imams in junnatul baqi. Here is a narration:

Abu Hamza Thumali said: I was in Mecca when I said to Imam Sadiq ((عليه السلام).), “May I be sacrificed on you! I have seen some of our companions take some clay of the holy shrine and seek cure with it. Does it contain any cure like they say?”
Imam ((عليه السلام).) replied: It can be used as a cure even if it is collected four miles away from the tomb of Imam Hussain ((عليه السلام).). The same applies to the grave of my grandfather, Allah’s Messenger and the same applies to the clay of the graves of Imam Hasan ((عليه السلام).), Imam Sajjad ((عليه السلام).) and Imam Baqir ((عليه السلام).).
Take some of it, for indeed it is a cure for every disease and a shield against any fearful matter. Nothing else from among that which is used to cure an illness can be compared to it, except supplication.

19 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Who would eat soil? Unsanitary.

Tradition 1-Imam Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) said: The clay of Imam Hussain’s ((عليه السلام).) grave is a cure for every disease. When you eat it, recite the following:

In the name of Allah and by Allah. O Allah! Make it (the cause of) extensive sustenance and beneficial knowledge (for me) and make it my cure from every disease. Indeed You have power over all things.

Tradition 2- When you eat the clay of Imam Hussain’s ((عليه السلام).) grave, you should recite:

O Lord of this blessed dust! And O Lord of this successor who is buried in it! Bless Muhammad and Aale Muhammad and make it the cause of beneficial knowledge and extensive sustenance for me and my cure from every disease.

Tradition 3- Imam Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) said: When you collect the clay of the Imam Hussain ((عليه السلام).) and place it in your mouth, recite:

O Allah! I ask You through the right of this dust, through the right of the angel who held it, through the right of the Prophet who embraced it and through the right of the Imam who is buried in it to bless Muhammad and Aale Muhammad and to allow it to be a beneficial cure and an extensive sustenance for me and (allow it) to be my protection against any fear and disease.

If you recite this, Allah will cure you and bestow you with health.

Tradition 4- Imam Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) said: Eating any clay is unlawful like eating pork. If anyone eats any clay which leads to his death, I will not pray on him, except the clay of Imam Hussain’s ((عليه السلام).) grave, for indeed it contains the cure for every disease. But one who eats it to satisfy a craving, will not find any cure in it.

Tradition 5- Imam Baqir or Imam Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) said: Indeed Allah, the blessed and exalted, created Adam from clay. Hence He forbade mankind from eating clay.
I (narrator) asked, “What about the clay of Imam Hussain’s ((عليه السلام).) grave?”
Imam ((عليه السلام).) replied, “It is unlawful for people to eat their own flesh but is it permissible for them to eat our flesh?! It is permissible to eat a very little amount of it, as much as a pea.”

Edited by Hassan-