Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Aslaam Alaikum Everyone. Hope you are all well. I had a question about different soils of different shrines of the Imams of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام). I heard that you can eat the soil of Karbala. Can you eat the soil of Jannat ul Baqi (if you can get it) like the soil on top of the graves of Imam Hasan, Imam Sajjad, Imam Baqir and Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام)? Or the soil on the graves of the Imams (عليه السلام) at Mashhad,Kadhmain,Samarra or Najaf or the soil near their graves

3 hours ago, Fink said:

That's called PICA, I'd see a behavioral therapist or a psychiatrist if such cravings persist.

Salam

Shia Quranist Non- Ithna Ashari Muslim

Can you explain to me what that means please? I've been wondering for a while now.

Edited by AStruggler

On 3/20/2019 at 4:40 PM, S. Mohammed Hasan Khan said:

Aslaam Alaikum Everyone. Hope you are all well. I had a question about different soils of different shrines of the Imams of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام). I heard that you can eat the soil of Karbala. Can you eat the soil of Jannat ul Baqi (if you can get it) like the soil on top of the graves of Imam Hasan, Imam Sajjad, Imam Baqir and Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام)? Or the soil on the graves of the Imams (عليه السلام) at Mashhad,Kadhmain,Samarra or Najaf or the soil near their graves

WS brother. 

First of all, I remember reading something like we should not really be eating the soils from these holy sites in large amounts. 

But, it is fine and good to just like taste or eat very small amounts of these soils, maybe on like some special occasions (like eid), for the sake of receiving shifa or blessings...

As for the soil specifically from jannatul baqi, I personally don't see any issues in tasting it a bit. However, it is just more common for the soil of Karbala to be consumed (in a very tiny amount, like a few dots on your fingertip) since our holy Imam (عليه السلام) was killed on this land. This soil is referred to as "Khaq e shifa" (I would translate this term as "soil of cure").

Edited by AStruggler

3 hours ago, AStruggler said:

Shia Quranist Non- Ithna Ashari Muslim

Can you explain to me what that means please? I've been wondering for a while now.

Salam

Non twelver Shia that gives Qur'an superiority over all other texts.

Edited by Fink

On 3/20/2019 at 3:40 PM, S. Mohammed Hasan Khan said:

I have only heard this about the soil of Karbala. However, it makes sense regarding Jaanat ul Baqi, as well as any other soil of the graves of the Ahle Bayt (عليه السلام).

However, I've heard that the soil of Karbala is becoming limited due to the construction. I'm not sure if the blessed soil includes anywhere in Karbala, or it has to specifically be from the soil surrounding the grave of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام). Based on that you would have to confirm that the soil of Kazmain, Najaf or Samarrah is indeed the soil of the grave and not just soil from anywhere in the surrounding area.

The soil of Karbala contains the blood of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام), as well as the other Holy Martyrs, so that's why that soil is given preference. There wasn't blood spilled on the grave soil of any of the other Ahle Bayt (عليه السلام).

BTW...good luck getting your hands on the soil from Jannut ul Baqi. Saudi keeps an eye on that big time.

Edited by Akbar673

16 hours ago, AStruggler said:

for the soil specifically from jannatul baqi, I personally don't see any issues in tasting it a bit. However, it is just more common for the soil of

I read in mafatih AL jinan that soil of grave of Imams that buried in baqi can be eaten for Shifa(cure) too but soil of Karbala more advised than the  dust from their graves

5 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

I read in mafatih AL jinan that soil of grave of Imams that buried in baqi can be eaten for Shifa(cure) too but soil of Karbala more advised than the  dust from their graves

Yeah we shouldn’t be EATING it lol

the dust or sands of Karbala naturally enters the Body when one is there through the air etc

I used to do that as a kid, got yelled at lol don’t know why I did it though...

kids are dumb 

1 hour ago, Ralvi said:

Yeah we shouldn’t be EATING it lol

the dust or sands of Karbala naturally enters the Body when one is there through the air etc

I used to do that as a kid, got yelled at lol don’t know why I did it though...

kids are dumb 

We’re not really full out eating it. It’s more just like tasting it a bit for shifa/cure/blessings and I don’t believe there’s an issue with that. Actually the brother already said he read about this in Mafathi...So, there is no issue in doing this at all. 

Edited by AStruggler

1 hour ago, AStruggler said:

We’re not really full out eating it. It’s more just like tasting it a bit for shifa/cure/blessings and I don’t believe there’s an issue with that. Actually the brother already said he read about this in Mafathi...So, there is no issue in doing this at all. 

No I mean likefor lunch lol

I agree too

On 3/21/2019 at 11:23 PM, Fink said:

That's called PICA, I'd see a behavioral therapist or a psychiatrist if such cravings persist.

Salam

Did the original post mention cravings? I think it was just a question.

Wasalaamu aleykum

Edited by abdulhamid

1 hour ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Nope. No one should actually eat soil. 

It is makrooh to eat big amount of soil or often (making it big amount), but very small amount of soil for particular reason is allowed.

Edited by Abu Nur