Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ar.alhindi

Can Gradings Of Muhaditheen Be Trusted If They Believed In Tahrif

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, SirajDin said:

Which one?

The one that was popular during the times of the Imams (عليه السلام). As one of them is shadh. If both were popular, then we don't know.

2 hours ago, SirajDin said:

عن محمد بن علي الحلبي، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام أنه كان يقرأ (مالك يوم الدين) ويقرأ (إهدنا السراط المستقيم) (٢)
ومنه: عن داود بن فرقد قال: سمعت أبا عبد الله عليه السلام يقرء ما لا أحصي: ملك يوم الدين (٣).

http://shiaonlinelibrary.com/الكتب/1513_بحار-الأنوار-العلامة-المجلسي-ج-٨٢/الصفحة_23

Thank you. It seems both hadiths are weak though.

On 3/23/2019 at 1:46 PM, SirajDin said:

To me, the very fact that Shia Imams allowed various recitations indicates that they accepted all of them as the Word of God revealed to Muhammad, peace be upon him; which is why I tend to side with the Sunnis on this point: that the Qur'an was revealed, from the beginning, in more than one form.

So how do you interpret the hadith which say the Qur'an is one and the difference come from the narrators?

Also, how do you interpret this hadith:

Ali bin Ibrahim from his father from Hammad bin Eisa from Ibrahim bin Omar Al-Yamani from Abi Abdullah (alaihi alsalam), he said (Ibrahim), “I asked him about the meaning of, “Two just men among you.” [Surat Al-Ma’idah: 95]. He said, “The just is the Messenger (salalahu alaihi wa salam), his family, and the Imam after him,” He then said, “This was a mistake from a scribe.”

8 hours ago, Follower of Ahlul Bayt said:

So how do you interpret the hadith which say the Qur'an is one and the difference come from the narrators?

Also, how do you interpret this hadith:

The Qur'an is the standard by which we decide on the correctness of hadiths; not the other way around. 

عن علي (عليه السلام) : ستكون عني رواة يروون الحديث ، فإعرضوه على القرآن ، فإن وافق القرآن فخذوه ، وإلاّ فدعوه

Imam Ali, peace be upon him, said: "There will be narrators narrating hadiths from me; so present them to the Qur'an; accept those hadiths that agree with the Qur'an; and leave those that do not agree."

And God knows best.

Edited by SirajDin

The main recitations

Hafs , narrator 90-180 AH

Qalun narrator 120-220 AH

Warsh 110-197 AH

Both qalun and warsh were predominant in Medina

Hafs is most widely know and was popularised by Cairo

According to zaidi the consistent of Ahlul Bayt point to qalun being the most authentic.

1 hour ago, Warilla said:

The main recitations

Hafs , narrator 90-180 AH

Qalun narrator 120-220 AH

Warsh 110-197 AH

Both qalun and warsh were predominant in Medina

Hafs is most widely know and was popularised by Cairo

According to zaidi the consistent of Ahlul Bayt point to qalun being the most authentic.

If I’m not mistaken, Nafi’ al-Madani (who was teacher of both Qalun and Warsh) was a contemporary of Imam as-Sadiq. I wonder whether there is anything about what their relationship was like.

Edited by SirajDin

On 3/24/2019 at 1:33 AM, Ar.alhindi said:

If the Qur'an is imperfect then how can we be any more guided than someone of another religion with a corrupted book? We would just be like school kids saying 'yours is more corrupted than mine'

by using your brain. The Qur'an and Prophets are not needed to know right from wrong. The only reason both were given to us was because of Allah's mercy and so that we wouldn't have an excuse during the Qiyama. You could reach all the conclusions via thinking and meditating, as evident by philosophical enquiries and science.