Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Offensive Jihad Under Infallible Imam Only?

Rate this topic

At which point does a captive become a slave? I suppose that's when laws pertaining to slavery are imposed.

I remember Nakshawani reading about the topic "Sex Slaves" a couple years back, which spawned quite the debate on Shiachat. One theme of the thread (and actually put forth by a student of Hawza) is the lens through which we see slavery in the 21st century, opposed to the historic definition and practise of slavery. There is some discussion on consent, a term/concept that didn't apparently exist at the time.  

There are rulings from al-Khoie that one doesn't even have to do nikah prior to sexual intercourse with a slave. Then there's concepts such as Tahleel, whereby a master can allow another exclusive use of his slave for sex. :ko:

Here's the thread: 

I personally limit myself from discussing such a distressing topic.

On 3/18/2019 at 11:14 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:

Everybody agrees with your idea but your way is same as Bahais at their start , I said what I must say & warned you to not become astray that is a common syndrome for people like you that after a while by over praying & make their conclusion of their readings from. Qur'an & hadiths fall in wrong rail of denying Marjas then call themselves as close ones to Imam Mahdi (aj) then maybe a special deputyof him  that hide themselves behind good words but theiractions lead them towrong path we have many persons in Iran like you that ollowed this way that at last instead of helping Imam become mentally ill or fraud persons that created cults  fortunately in Iran we throw them in prison so they can’t make major damage to belief of people & I won’t say any word about you anymore :censored:

I can say the same or worse about people like you for instance that they end up mushriqs and end up burning in hell for all eternity.

8 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

I think we can add this verse to the ones tending towards the true limitation of true religion ..

"And if they incline to peace, then incline to it [also] and rely upon Allah . Indeed, it is He who is the Hearing, the Knowing." Anfal 61

Prepare against them whatever you can of [military] power and war-horses, awing thereby the enemy of Allah, and your enemy, and others besides them, whom you do not know, but Allah knows them. And whatever you spend in the way of Allah will be repaid to you in full, and you will not be wronged. (60) Anfal 60

after providing military power & enough protection we can accept peace treaty of them  not in condition that we are in weak state or they can harm us in future that "Jihad ibtada2i .. initiatory jihad" is first requirement for this.

2 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Prepare against them whatever you can of [military] power and war-horses, awing thereby the enemy of Allah, and your enemy, and others besides them, whom you do not know, but Allah knows them. And whatever you spend in the way of Allah will be repaid to you in full, and you will not be wronged. (60) Anfal 60

after providing military power & enough protection we can accept peace treaty of them  not in condition that we are in weak state or they can harm us in future that "Jihad ibtada2i .. initiatory jihad" is first requirement for this.

No we are talking about attacking peaceful people who did not attack us first. Not preparing. There is obviously a difference. Initiatory jihad is an innovation that was never mentioned by Allah explicitly nor by the Prophet. 

On 3/19/2019 at 1:26 PM, Fink said:

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) says be kind to women, I don't think rape falls under that category. You sick men.

Makes you feel sorry for the wives of some members here. 

"The tribes of Bani Salim raised a huge army to launch a surprise attack on Madina in order to kill the believers and arrest the Holy Prophet. The Holy Prophet, after receiving the information, sent one of his companions along with a party of Muslim warriors to prevent the planned attack"

Perhaps this is the example with us for offensive Jihad!

2 minutes ago, Urwatul Wuthqa said:

"The tribes of Bani Salim raised a huge army to launch a surprise attack on Madina in order to kill the believers and arrest the Holy Prophet. The Holy Prophet, after receiving the information, sent one of his companions along with a party of Muslim warriors to prevent the planned attack"

Perhaps this is the example with us for offensive Jihad!

No in this case it was defensive because the enemy was already moving towards the Prophet it seems. Thank God we have Qur'an to be the benchmark for things that can even explain possible reasons for attacking in incomplete stories as the above, if they true.

My argument remains that it can only occur under the Imam (aj).

"Significantly, in contrast to Sunni jurists who aspired to reconstitute Muslim power, most mujtahids had viewed expansionist or offensive jihad as illegitimate in the absence of the Hidden Imam and continue to do so. In contrast, most mujtahids align with Sunni jurists in the belief that defensive jihad against foreign aggression on the umma is obligatory."

"Broadly speaking, the concept of jihad for both Shi’a and Sunnisis multivalent. A key theoretical difference between the two concepts lies in the Shi’a belief that an offensive jihad cannot be carried out during the occultation of the Hidden Imam, though defensive jihad to aid oppressed people beyond the borders of the concerned Muslim society can occur if it is in accordance with a legal ruling by a mujtahid. Significantly, the ideology of Salafi-jihadism similarly defines the concept of jihad as in defense of Islam, but the Shi’a concept of jihad does not allow for the Salafi-Jihadi goal of reconstituting Muslim political power, even in the case of oppression."

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/fikraforum/view/contextualizing-jihad-and-takfir-in-the-Shia-conceptual-framework

7 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

Thank God we have Qur'an to be the benchmark for things that can even explain possible reasons for attacking in incomplete stories as the above, if they true.

Actually it is mentioned in the tafseer of chapter Al-Adiyaat

[Shakir 100:3] Then those that make raids at morn,

9 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

No in this case it was defensive because the enemy was already moving towards the Prophet

Enemy is not moving but they do planned to launch surprise attack and raised army for that. The response from Muslims was a sort of preemptive strike. I think it can come under offense because you have questioned who will attack first.

2 minutes ago, Urwatul Wuthqa said:

Actually it is mentioned in the tafseer of chapter Al-Adiyaat

[Shakir 100:3] Then those that make raids at morn,

Enemy is not moving but they do planned to launch surprise attack and raised army for that. The response from Muslims was a sort of preemptive strike. I think it can come under offense because you have questioned who will attack first.

You don’t know the details of this story, but we have Qur'an and the orders of Prophet to guide us, we trust this campaign was done under the rules and limitations of Qur'an and what the Prophet preached concerning this.