Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

(Salam)

According to this following verse it seems clear that Shaytan not only believes in God, but he also fears Him:

وَإِذْ زَيَّنَ لَهُمُ الشَّيْطَانُ أَعْمَالَهُمْ وَقَالَ لَا غَالِبَ لَكُمُ الْيَوْمَ مِنَ النَّاسِ وَإِنِّي جَارٌ لَّكُمْ ۖ فَلَمَّا تَرَاءَتِ الْفِئَتَانِ نَكَصَ عَلَىٰ عَقِبَيْهِ وَقَالَ إِنِّي بَرِيءٌ مِّنكُمْ إِنِّي أَرَىٰ مَا لَا تَرَوْنَ إِنِّي أَخَافُ اللَّهَ ۚ وَاللَّهُ شَدِيدُ الْعِقَابِ - 8:48

And when Satan made their deeds pleasing to them and said, "No one can overcome you today from among the people, and indeed, I am your protector." But when the two armies sighted each other, he turned on his heels and said, "Indeed, I am disassociated from you. Indeed, I see what you do not see; indeed I fear Allah . And Allah is severe in penalty." Surat al Anfal : 48

What does that mean, and what scary lesson do I personally derive from this story, other than not relying on Shaytan? Well, it is a lesson that being aware of truth isn't enough. So, for instance knowing about the truth of wilaya, or the proohethood of Mohammed, and the existence of one God, the Angel's, His books and so on, is no guarantee of protection against the Wrath of God.

So many times people use belief alone as a criterion of asking of someone is good or bad. Li,e "do you believe in God?", "who do you think was the first representative of Islam after Mohammed ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم))?", etc. Knowing is not enough, and so it seems that doing is more important. The Qur'an talks continuously about doing good and seems go be more action related. At the same time it teaches us not to be sure of our safety from hell fire no matter what, until after we make it to jannah in sha Allah. Good food for thought I believe. 

And the really scary thing is that even fearing God by itself isn't enough to guarantee salvation. Iblis fears Him but still is cursed, and destined to punishment. So the rule here is that not all that fear God go to paradise, but all that go to paradise fear Allah. In other words, only a section of God fearing creatures will make it to success. Another fear increasing thought. May God help us all.

Fi aman ilah

(Wasalam)

4 minutes ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Kinda offtopic: I have understood that even Satan will consider seeking forgiveness at some point because of Allah's Mercy (it's reality)
But he will not

Not off topic at all. There are some who actually believe that Allah will do bada (change His destiny), and forgive everyone in the end, by saving them out of hell fire. One such example is the book called "the Apocalypse of Peter". It is definitely possible and easy for Allah to do, but remains to be seen if it happens. Until then I personally will tend to hold on to what God predicts in the Qur'an to be true. Although the interpretation of the words understood as 'eternal' can always have been misunderstood by us and our scholars. I don't mind if Allah forgives him myself, but my opinion in this matter is next to irrelevant. Allah is the Judge.

3 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

What does that mean, and what scary lesson do I personally derive from this story, other than not relying on Shaytan? Well, it is a lesson that being aware of truth isn't enough. So, for instance knowing about the truth of wilaya, or the proohethood of Mohammed, and the existence of one God, the Angel's, His books and so on, is no guarantee of protection against the Wrath of God.

I think this conclusion is right but this doesn't mean Shaytan fear Allah in a real way

if you pay attention to the verse, in the beginning, Shaytan encourage Moshrekin to fight Moslems, in this time he doesn't fear Allah but when he figures out they will be defeated he change his way 

52 minutes ago, Sayed Hossein said:

I think this conclusion is right but this doesn't mean Shaytan fear Allah in a real way

if you pay attention to the verse, in the beginning, Shaytan encourage Moshrekin to fight Moslems, in this time he doesn't fear Allah but when he figures out they will be defeated he change his way 

He made a deal with God and He allowed it. To take us away from the path of God. But to me Shaytan witnesses here to his followers clearly that he has fear. There is no indication that he is lying or deceiving them here. Quite the opposite he is being honest because it is too late for them to repent.

It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels bow down to Adam, and they bowed down; not so Iblis; He refused to be of those who bow down. (Surah Al-Araf, 11)

((Allah)) said: "What prevented thee from bowing down when I commanded thee?" He said: "I am better than he: Thou didst create me from fire, and him from clay." (Surah Al-Araf, 12)

((Allah)) said: "Get thee down from this: it is not for thee to be arrogant here: get out, for thou art of the meanest (of creatures)." (Surah Al-Araf, 13)

He said: "Give me respite till the day they are raised up." (Surah Al-Araf, 14)

((Allah)) said: "Be thou among those who have respite." (Surah Al-Araf, 15)

He said: "Because thou hast thrown me out of the way, lo! I will lie in wait for them on thy straight way: (Surah Al-Araf, 16)

"Then will I assault them from before them and behind them, from their right and their left: Nor wilt thou find, in most of them, gratitude (for thy mercies)." (Surah Al-Araf, 17)

((Allah)) said: "Get out from this, disgraced and expelled.If any of them follow thee,- Hell will I fill with you all. (Surah Al-Araf, 18)

The above verses clarify that satan disobeyed Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) thus he had no fear of Almighty.

Edited by skyweb1987

29 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

The above verses clarify that satan disobeyed Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) thus he had no fear of Almighty.

His pride is more than his fear , he fears Allah but he had & still has  more pride than his fear 

18 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

His pride is more than his fear , he fears Allah but he had & still has  more pride than his fear 

We can safely say that his fear was not enough when he refused to obey Allah, but I think we don't have the right to judge his level of fear now or during the time thismverse was revealed. 

21 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

He pride is higher making him disobeyed the instructions of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Thus he has fear that is considered only a lip service or it is negligible.

1 minute ago, skyweb1987 said:

He pride is higher making him disobeyed the instructions of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Thus he has fear that is considered only a lip service or it is negligible.

He is aware of the oneness of Allah, he knows the Prophets are Prophets, who is fully aware of Imam Ali's station. In that verse above there is no need to lie or deceive, as the people who already fooled were done with and he neglected them as he always done. So there is no motif for him to make lip service at that moment. Because if the kofar survive they will definitely become Muslim, and he doesn't want that. Hence it makes sense that he fearful, especially because he truly believes in the existence of God. He is not ignorant of it. 

1 minute ago, 313 Seeker said:

He is aware of the oneness of Allah, he knows the Prophets are Prophets, who is fully aware of Imam Ali's station. In that verse above there is no need to lie or deceive, as the people who already fooled were done with and he neglected them as he always done. So there is no motif for him to make lip service at that moment. Because if the kofar survive they will definitely become Muslim, and he doesn't want that. Hence it makes sense that he fearful, especially because he truly believes in the existence of God. He is not ignorant of it. 

5 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

15 hours ago, skyweb1987 said:

Salam he was worshiping Allah better than many angles with fear but because of his pride didn't prostrate to Adam (عليه السلام) & said he will worship Allah better than before than before but will never bow to Adam (عليه السلام) but Allah said his best worship would be prostrating to Adam (عليه السلام) but by his disobeying all of his prayers becomes void & deported from presence of Allah & his future worships won't accept.