Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
islam25

Why to call ourselves Shia and not Muslim.

Rate this topic

Off-topic posts have been removed. Stop tagging and quoting each other; ignore and calm down. If you cannot stop mocking and insulting each other, Mods can put you on Mod preview, which means a Mod will read each post and if inappropriate it will not be approved nor be visible to others.

12 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Off-topic posts have been removed. Stop tagging and quoting each other; ignore and calm down. If you cannot stop mocking and insulting each other, Mods can put you on Mod preview, which means a Mod will read each post and if inappropriate it will not be approved nor be visible to others.

Why did you removed my post.

What was wrong in it.

And you should have informed me before removing it.

17 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Every child like to thinks he is the best or the most special one out there until he grows up only to realize (after intelligence starts to shimmer some light into him) how self-centered and arrogant that viewpoint is.   

Interesting perspective.

On 3/19/2019 at 8:28 AM, islam25 said:

Why did you removed my post.

What was wrong in it.

And you should have informed me before removing it.

I removed posts by two other members. I am not sure which Mod removed your post, but if it was off-topic then there is no need to inform you; it's common knowledge that off-topic posts would be removed. 

10 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

Indeed, and that is what I call acceptance/submission, following the footsteps & guidance of Wali is expression of submission through deeds. There is no need to "talk" about it when you are following it with heart & soul. 

:) how I become dogmatic? The "Wilayah" of Amir-ul-Mo'mineen is not limited to be kept in heart. If we think this way, then we don't have any concept of "Ulil Amr" left. 

I don't think my point really has been understood by you well enough.  I am not talking about a difference between someone who merely talks about something versus someone who actually does it (for it would then be a discussion which would be at a purely exoteric level - a discussion which we are all too familiar with).  I believe what I have been referring to is more refined or more subtle than that and it may not be too easy to grasp or catch it. 

In order to "follow" wilayah one's heart needs to be activated (either formally or informally) by the wali of God who spiritually connected to the Imams and finally to the Prophet (S).  In Sufism/ Irfan this is called "the initiation" or "al-bay'a".  The wali of God transmits wilayah into the heart of one he initiates or to the one who is receptive to it.   This is not a belief or a doctrine....it is just real.  Whatever I am talking about here transcends the divide between Shiaism and Sunnism (or, if I can say, it can be found in both Shiaism and Sunnism). 

Do not be surprised that among the elite of the Shias (the ulema, the allamahs), you will find them benefitting from, learning from, and acknowledging wilayah in certain Sunnis who are urafa.  This may not happen publicly, because they simply have to happen in dreams or on the barzakhi plane.   

Edited by eThErEaL

14 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

In order to "follow" wilayah one's heart needs to be activated (either formally or informally) by the wali of God who spiritually connected to the Imams and finally to the Prophet (S).  In Sufism/ Irfan this is called "the initiation" or "al-bay'a".  The wali of God transmits wilayah into the heart of one he initiates or to the one who is receptive to it.   This is not a belief or a doctrine....it is just real.  Whatever I am talking about here transcends the divide between Shiaism and Sunnism (or, if I can say, it can be found in both Shiaism and Sunnism). 

I am aware of it. There are many "Awliya Allah" who were supposed to be connected spiritually with the Imam & Prophet (peace & blessings of Allah be upon them) like Shahbaz Qalander, Pir Sadaruddin Shah etc. But we need to see the difference here too, one is chosen by Allah  while the other is chosen by Wali. God's chosen one has the authority to grant wilayah (perhaps here it is more likely to mean friendship or sincere love) to his chosen ones. God's chosen one possess the divine authority and we know him as "Ulil Amr" while the one chosen by Wali not necessarily holds the status of "Ulil Amr".

Perhaps you would like to shed more light on "Wilayah" in light of the terminology we have in Qur'an I.e., "Ulil Amr".   

9 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

I am aware of it. There are many "Awliya Allah" who were supposed to be connected spiritually with the Imam & Prophet (peace & blessings of Allah be upon them) like Shahbaz Qalander, Pir Sadaruddin Shah etc. But we need to see the difference here too, one is chosen by Allah  while the other is chosen by Wali. God's chosen one has the authority to grant wilayah (perhaps here it is more likely to mean friendship or sincere love) to his chosen ones. God's chosen one possess the divine authority and we know him as "Ulil Amr" while the one chosen by Wali not necessarily holds the status of "Ulil Amr".

Perhaps you would like to shed more light on "Wilayah" in light of the terminology we have in Qur'an I.e., "Ulil Amr".   

I prefer to not discuss anything further.  

Have a blessed Rajab.  

Edited by eThErEaL

9 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

I think we should Stop giving classification of Awlias.

That too when it is very elusive subject.At most what we can do is discuss what scholars have said about it.