Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
islam25

Why to call ourselves Shia and not Muslim.

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

The Islam you learned is from fallible beings. Even if Prophet and Imams are infallible, then you never met one. So Islam is taught via fallible beings.

So the Islam we are learning is not perfect (Kamil). Is this you want to say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

There is a verse saying that Prophet was dhaleen making it a weak argument 

:) Then who are the mithl of  وَلاَ الضَّالِّينَ ? 

But lets see who are dhaleen as per Qur'an:


نَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا بَعْدَ إِيمَانِهِمْ ثُمَّ ازْدَادُوا كُفْرًا لَنْ تُقْبَلَ تَوْبَتُهُمْ وَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الضَّالُّونَ {90}

[Shakir 3:90] Surely, those who disbelieve a,fter their believing, then increase in unbelief, their repentance shall not be accepted, and these are they that go astray.

So do you think that Prophet was a Kafir or a Mushrik (na'uzobillah) in anywhere in his life time? And how do you describe what is meant by Prophet being dhaleen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Urwatul Wuthqa said:

So the Islam we are learning is not perfect (Kamil). Is this you want to say?

Definitely our scholars are not perfect, nor their books and narrations. Your Islam is therefore far from perfect, as every creature is imperfect too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Urwatul Wuthqa said:

:) Then who are the mithl of  وَلاَ الضَّالِّينَ ? 

But lets see who are dhaleen as per Qur'an:


نَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا بَعْدَ إِيمَانِهِمْ ثُمَّ ازْدَادُوا كُفْرًا لَنْ تُقْبَلَ تَوْبَتُهُمْ وَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الضَّالُّونَ {90}

[Shakir 3:90] Surely, those who disbelieve a,fter their believing, then increase in unbelief, their repentance shall not be accepted, and these are they that go astray.

So do you think that Prophet was a Kafir or a Mushrik (na'uzobillah) in anywhere in his life time? And how do you describe what is meant by Prophet being dhaleen? 

Well according to Qur'an Adam was a Zalim which are promised hell in other instances. If you take Qur'an without an open mind to variation, then it will seem to contradict itself in many places. Just like the AHL kitab are described as good and bad in different places. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 3:59 AM, power said:

Shia is not considered as a "Sect " we have not deviated from the true path of Islam.

 

source please brother.

On 3/19/2019 at 3:59 AM, power said:

Shakir: Surely they who divided their religion into parts and became sects, you have no concern with them; their affair is only with Allah, then He will inform them of what they did.

For you to assume we had divided religion into different parts, then you need to demonstrate comprehensively from the Qur'an that Shia Islam has taken a different path.

very true. 

I would like to add:

[Shakir 30:31] Turning to Him, and be careful of (your duty to) Him and keep up prayer and be not of the polytheists
[Shakir 30:32] Of those who divided their religion and became sects, every sect rejoicing in what they had with them.

of course we're born into this division of Islam into sects. how do we (Sunni/ Shia/ salafi/ etc) rationalize, through upholding this division, the above 2 verses are not applicable to us? [honest question]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, justAnothermuslim said:

of course we're born into this division of Islam into sects. how do we (Sunni/ Shia/ salafi/ etc) rationalize, through upholding this division, the above 2 verses are not applicable to us? [honest question]

Salam the Sunni/Salafi/Sufis sects divided from true path of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) & must return one day to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2019 at 3:18 AM, justAnothermuslim said:

source please brother.

 

 

As I stated, Shias have not deviated from Islam, nor that we have innovated new concepts into Islam. What constitutes sects is: Taking parts of of religion and then introducing innovation that has nothing to do with Islam.

You may argue on the contrary that Shias have brought about innovation, then it's for you to deconstruct  Shia faith from the holy Qur'an and demonstrate comprehensively that Shia is a sect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...