Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Jaffar_is_in_use

We go heaven, then what ?

Rate this topic

I have always wondered, like if I make it to Heaven then what. I have a bit of fun here and there, do this and that but then whats. Its "Eternal" so its going to be really hard to do stuff for such a long time. Like what do you after you get bored. Like what am I meant to do after 1000 years ? 

I once thought along those lines. I also thought of something quite interesting.

Imagine if a person is in heaven, and he wishes to be a God and create a universe and hold people to account for what they did in their lifetimes. Would heaven be a way to make us Gods of our own universe? 

34 minutes ago, Jaffar_is_in_use said:

I have always wondered, like if I make it to Heaven then what.

I'm a bit more concerned with making it there in the 1st place...I'll worry about "then what" if and when I get there...:grin:

35 minutes ago, Jaffar_is_in_use said:

I have a bit of fun here and there, do this and that but then whats.

Might even be more fun than that...:party:

36 minutes ago, Jaffar_is_in_use said:

Like what do you after you get bored. Like what am I meant to do after 1000 years ? 

I'm sure Allah has a list of things to do that'll keep us busy...:clap:

In all seriousness, lets just try to make it there in the 1st place...we can deal with being bored after we get there. I'm sure seeing what happens to those that don't make it up there will be reason enough for us to be content with whatever comes our way. 

20 minutes ago, iraqi_shia said:

I once thought along those lines. I also thought of something quite interesting.

Imagine if a person is in heaven, and he wishes to be a God and create a universe and hold people to account for what they did in their lifetimes. Would heaven be a way to make us Gods of our own universe? 

What if after some million of years God decides to finish everything he created including those who are in heaven and hell .

Just like once there was nothing.

I was surprised to hear one religious speaker say that there is a potential of becoming bored in heaven if we don’t continue expmoring Allah subhana wa tala. My personal perspective is that heaven is a perfect place where boredom would not exist. 

1 hour ago, Jaffar_is_in_use said:

I have always wondered, like if I make it to Heaven then what. I have a bit of fun here and there, do this and that but then whats. Its "Eternal" so its going to be really hard to do stuff for such a long time. Like what do you after you get bored. Like what am I meant to do after 1000 years ? 

You are comparing with wordily life which never last.

1 minute ago, Murtaza1 said:

I was surprised to hear one religious speaker say that there is a potential of becoming bored in heaven if we don’t continue expmoring Allah subhana wa tala. My personal perspective is that heaven is a perfect place where boredom would not exist. 

Even if boredom donot exists.How will Allah' keep us there.

Will He end it .And then there will be nothing just like ones non of us existeted.

16 minutes ago, islam25 said:

What if after some million of years God decides to finish everything he created including those who are in heaven and hell .

paradox, He does not contradict His promises.

7 minutes ago, Murtaza1 said:

It is the place where we continuously develop spiritually and intellectually and go beyond. 

12 minutes ago, islam25 said:

Even if boredom donot exists.How will Allah' keep us there.

Will He end it .And then there will be nothing just like ones non of us existeted.

I think once we are there we will be there forever. I just think of it as the quality of boredom simply not existing in heaven. 

31 minutes ago, islam25 said:

I believe whatever he promises doesn't change. In this case I think he has promised us eternal abode in heaven inshallah 

44 minutes ago, islam25 said:

He wouldn't do that because nowhere in the Qur'an or hadith narrated by the Ahle Bayt (عليه السلام) have we heard mention of something like that. Supposing even if its something that wasn't meant to be shared with us, Allah in his infinite mercy and love for all of his creations would only do it if it was beneficial to us in some way, shape or form.

One thing also that we all need to consider is that currently it is our planet/reality that has not had Judgment Day occur yet. There have been countless planets and realities that existed before us and countless that will exist after us. I don't remember the exact hadith but I remember hearing about how the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) had traveled to another planet and on that planet all of the men were named Ali, and all of the women had been named Fatima. After further inquiry, the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) was informed that this was a planet on which Judgment Day had already occurred.

If anyone can provide better info on that, it would be greatly appreciated. However, it does support the idea that, if he hasn't destroyed another planet/reality where life existed after judgment had been passed on its individual souls then why would he destroy ours?

Edited by Akbar673

3 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

There have been countless planets and realities that existed before us and countless that will exist after us. I don't remember the exact hadith but I remember hearing about how the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) had traveled to another planet and on that planet all of the men were named Ali, and all of the women had been named Fatima. After further inquiry, the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) was informed that this was a planet on which Judgment Day had already occurred.

That's very interesting. I hope someone can find that hadith. 

12 hours ago, Jaffar_is_in_use said:

A great Urdu/persian poet of Indian subcontinent Mirza Ghalib view about Jannah......

Hum ko maaloom hai jannat ki haqeeqat, lekin
Dil ko khush rakhne ko Ghaalib yeh khayaal achcha hai.

12 hours ago, iraqi_shia said:

No one of His creation can ever be like Him. 

Imagine being young and enjoying the high life forever in this world with loyal friends, heaven is going to be like that and  even better and everlasting joyful moments. u will be constantly exploring new things in heaven out of curiously and it will never it. 

On 3/14/2019 at 7:04 PM, Jaffar_is_in_use said:

we can't realize Heaven and life in that world, we only heard some examples and something similar to make us can imagine a little of heaven
for instance: can a congenital blind comprehend the meaning of colors? definitely not,
our understanding of heaven is as same as a blind person of understanding of colors
so if you compare some boring life and pleasure of this world with that world you may have the wrong conclusion   
any joyfulness of this word related to resolving our needs, responding to our brain's demands, balancing in any aspect of life and...
but in that world, happiness  and  pleasure is because of the satisfaction of our self and Allah, 
also, we receive blessings and enjoyment directly from Allah.

see this beautiful verse :
عَيْنًا يَشْرَبُ بِهَا عِبَادُ اللَّـهِ يُفَجِّرُونَهَا تَفْجِيرًا 
a spring where Allah’s servants will drink, making it gush forth as they please.

that means Allah’s servants are the origin of that spring !!

1 hour ago, Sayed Hossein said:

we can't realize Heaven and life in that world, we only heard some examples and something similar to make us can imagine a little of heaven

That's rights we are offered metaphorical insights of heaven in the holy Qur'an.

In order to understand or experience something it requires something similar as an example.

So this earthly world has metaphorical similarities to inform and remind us of the afterlife and heaven.

Trees remind us of hell fire and beutiful precious stones such as rubies and pearls remind us of houris in heaven. Such precious metals and stones are Allah subhana wa tala's gift to us. 

From a psychological or neurological perspective I think this process takes place in the inner part of the brain called mid brain.

It is the oldest and primitive part of the brain that never changes. It is the place where our subconscious thoughts and dreams are processed and from which poets and artists think. I love this part of the brain. Its truly a wonderful gift Alhamdullilah 

Edited by Murtaza1

2 minutes ago, Murtaza1 said:

That's rights we are offered metaphorical insights of heaven in the holy Qur'an.

In order to understand or experience something it requires something similar as an example. So this earthly world has metaphorical similarities to inform and remind us of the afterlife and heaven.

From a psychological or neurological perspective I think this process takes place in the inner part of the brain called mid brain. It is the oldest and primitive part of the brain that never changes. It is the places where our subconscious thoughts and dreams are processed and from which poets and artists think. I love this part of the brain. Its truly a wonderful gift Alhamdullilah 

although brain has great impact in our body and our sensation but we as Moslem believe in such more essence that called soul (Nafs/Rooh)

with this essence we can find Allah in our inner existence and have timeless and matter-less pleasure 

On 3/15/2019 at 4:34 AM, Jaffar_is_in_use said:

This world is material, illusion, temporal, transitory. Like Plato's Cave, try applying that principle to the Realms of existence that the Soul goes through in this existence Allah saw has created for us. We are not able to distance ourselves much from the material aspect of this reality or distinguish our thoughts from our senses until we find away of overcoming it (which is always going to be a major of fallibility as a man or woman). The closest we can get to understanding via experience Jannah is by seeking Ihsan through Irfan and Hikmat, which come from the Qur'an itself and Sunnah, Zikr etc.

The next state of existence after death is going to be nothing like what we experience in this life and it's just not easy to intellectually wrap our minds around trying to conceive of it. 

Imam Ali (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) from the Nahjul Balagha:

If you cast your mind’s eye at what is described to you about Paradise, your heart will begin to hate the delicacies of this world that

have been displayed here, namely its desires and its pleasures and the beauties of its scenes. And you will be lost in the rustling of the trees

whose roots lie hidden in the mounds of musk on the banks of the rivers in Paradise and in the attraction of the bunches of fresh pearls on the

twigs and branches of those trees and in the appearance of different fruits from under the cover of their leaves. These fruits can be picked without

difficulty as they come down at the desire of their pickers. Pure honey and fermented wine will be handed round to those who settle down in the

courtyards of its palaces.

They are a people whom honor has always followed till they were made to settle in the house of eternal abode, and they obtained rest from

the movement of journeying. O listener! If you busy yourself in advancing towards these wonderful scenes which will rush towards you,

then your heart will certainly die due to eagerness for them, and you will be prepared to seek the company of those in the graves, straight away

from my audience here, and hasten towards them. May Allah, through His mercy, include us and yourselves, too, among those who strive with their

hearts for the abodes of the virtuous.

Edited by HakimPtsid

On 3/14/2019 at 4:28 PM, islam25 said:

He will not finish us but will create a new creation while we are in heaven. I wonder if these new creations will join us in heaven?

There have also been 4-7 creations before us according to hadits.

Four creations that Allah subhana wa tala created before us are mentioned by our Imams (peace be upon them) and the speaker in this video talks about it at 41:15. Other creations are mentioned from 29:00 in this video. So start watching from here 29:00:

https://youtu.be/jB3MXhYOy2k

Edited by Murtaza1

Imam Sajjad (عليه السلام) was asked "You must be ahl ul jannah" by one of his followers and he replied he did not know if he was going to jannah and cried a lot. So I feel surprised a lot at someone thinking now in this life about how not to get bored in jannah.

On 3/14/2019 at 5:06 PM, iraqi_shia said:

Oh my gosh this is crazy