Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

31 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

And on a side note, in case you are interested, I recommend you to read this book by a group of Muslim scholars (who, for the record are those I consider to be among the ulema):

http://www.islambuddhism.com/docs/CommonGround.pdf

Thanking you

ethereal

Great book, I've got that myself, definitely worth the read, both for Muslims and Buddhists to benefit from.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:43 PM, eThErEaL said:

Well, they don’t need to know about his historical reality as an individual.  They merely have to follow their Prophet(عليه السلام) and that would be following Muhammad (S) through the Buddha.  Knowingly or unknowingly they are following the Prophet (S).  

Arguably, this verse can be used to imply a prophecy of someone coming (as said by Buddha apparently): 

And Ānanda, suppressing his tears, said to the Blessed One: "Who shall teach us when thou art gone?"

And the Blessed One replied: "I am not the first Buddha who came upon Earth, nor shall I be the last. In due time another Buddha will arise in the world, a Holy One, a supremely enlightened One, endowed with wisdom in conduct, auspicious, knowing the universe, an incomparable leader of men, a master of angels and mortals. He will reveal to you the same eternal truths which I have taught you. He will preach his religion, glorious in its origin, glorious at the climax, and glorious at the goal, in the spirit and in the letter. He will proclaim a religious life, wholly perfect and pure; such as I now proclaim."

Ānanda said: "How shall we know him?"

The Blessed One said: "He will be known as Metteyya, which means 'he whose name is kindness.'"

Edited by M.IB