Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

according to me what you are saying about Buddhism is very far from the truth

On that note, then you would be the person best suited to explain Buddhism from an Islamic perspective.

My knowledge of Buddhism is strictly at a Layman's level from having a friend who is a Buddhist explain it to me.

As salaamun aleikum, 

But doesnt the Qur'an say that for those who do good deeds etc. there is no worry for them in general? 

Also, its generally known that in Islam that there are non Muslims who are "better" in deed and character than actuall Muslims, plus, isnt it that the people who were never exposed to Islam,  will be judged according to what they DID know and how they behaved accordingly? Im refering to thise whose exposure to Islam wasnt convincing to their aql that it was the correct way, or whatever they WERE exposed to was corrupted, wahabbist backwards thinking that actuall Muslims find apalling? 

See, for me, the thing about buddhism and even hinduism is, pretty much anything humans get their hands on is eventually going to end up becoming tainted or corrupted.Even elements of Islam have become tainted and corrupted, even our beloved Shiism, but to what degree, I can not say. I personally believe that Buddhism and Hinduism all had monotheistic roots and that they were divinely revealed, it's just that they became so corrupted, that Allah has chosen not to even mention them as people of the book in the Qur'an.

That's just where I'm coming from. I don't have any background in any type of religious study or anything like that, it's just looking into and reading some of what they have to offer, there's truth in it. You can't deny that, and where does truth come from and what is Truth? Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)...

Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) sent mankind 124000 Prophets, and He said He sent them to every people. I don’t think its a big stretch that He sent Prophets to the Indus Valley people but they eventually corrupted the message and crrated the Hinduism we know today. The same with Buddhism. 

Before I converted to Islam, I even studied Native Americans religions and philosophies because I'm part native American. There's elements of tawheed in that too. Do I think for one second that Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) neglected the entire Native American nation and didnt send Prophets to them? No, of course He did. It's just that the message became corrupted, just like everything else people manage to get their hands on for the most part. It's just like that game of telephone they taught us back in elementary school. You start out with one message and 30 kids later you've got a completely different message. In one areas people, they ended up with 5000+gods, and in the other, tbey ended up with "0", lol..Leave it to humans, lol:furious:

W/s

The Buddha had “experienced” the Truth and he knew that others before him had seen It. But the seers of Truth have always been few; and the ignorance of the many always holds sway as the popular view. Siddhartha, the Buddha, had been born into a time when the esoteric understanding of the mystics, the seers, had been almost entirely subverted by the priest of the Brahmin caste, who promulgated an interpretation of the ancient Vedic teachings based on their own ignorance of enlightenment. They had corrupted true religion into a superstition of primitive ritual, in which they, themselves, took the position of intercessors between God and His devotees, pandering to the fears and worldly desires of the people.

We see the same thing throughout history and today as well. The vast majority of “religious” men and women know nothing of the true meaning of religion.

18 hours ago, Shams of tabriz said:

Budha is the distorted form of Sanskrit word Vriddha.

It probably is but like Arabic it has been borrowed and its interpretation changed like the meaning of some Arabic words that are used and slightly changed in other cultures. 

18 hours ago, Shams of tabriz said:

priest of the Brahmin caste, who promulgated an interpretation of the ancient Vedic teachings based on their own ignorance of enlightenment. They had corrupted true religion into a superstition of primitive ritual,

It's like other religions including Islam where the true Shia Islam is distorted by others. Who knows maybe the budha was one of the 124,000 Prophets or 313 messengers sent by Allah subha wa tala before Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) . 

8 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

It's like other religions including Islam where the true Shia Islam is distorted by others. Who knows maybe the budha was one of the 124,000 Prophets or 313 messengers sent by Allah subha wa tala before Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) . 

Not possible, he didn't believe in a Creator , encouraged his disciples to eat pork and practiced asceticism.   

On 3/13/2019 at 10:39 AM, Akbar673 said:

Not possible since Buddhism does not promote Monotheism. 

In fact, Buddhism speaks against the concept of a central entity that created life, the world or existence in general. How can that be something that Allah sent into this world when it does not support the concept of central creator ?

No, Buddhism has various views depending on the version of Buddhism. Theravada and Zen are both more likely to lean towards agnosticism, apatheism and atheism, than, for instance Vajrayana (which is very preoccupied with other spiritual realms, including entities and deities......creating more of an emphasis towards some kind of view of God).

Many American-repackaged forms of Buddhism however are quite often very atheist-leaning and extraordinarily pretentious though. 

I'd say it's a case-by-case basis. 

However it is fair to say that Buddhism isn't a "theistic/monotheistic religion" on any defining level.

Edited by HakimPtsid

7 hours ago, HakimPtsid said:

However it is fair to say that Buddhism isn't a "theistic/monotheistic religion" on any defining level.

Teachings of Buddha distorted by his followers. They divided themselves into sects and True religion of Buddha becomes Hinayana and Mahayana etc.

And after two thousand years now it seems that Buddhism is different from Islam.

16 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

It's like other religions including Islam where the true Islam is distorted by others.

Sounds familiar history repeating itself........

9 hours ago, HakimPtsid said:

No, Buddhism has various views depending on the version of Buddhism. Theravada and Zen are both more likely to lean towards agnosticism, apatheism and atheism, than, for instance Vajrayana

These other traditions do not bring them any closer to Islam. Although I understand that the Vajrayana tradition is different from budhas original Mahayana tradition because it developed through ideas and movements that were prevalent in 1st AD Indian subcontinent. 

However I have also heard of agnostic types of Muslims that avoid any talk about the creator and cancel any such reflection upon it because they believe that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of the creator and I don’t mean us Shias but a group that completely avoids all talk about the creator. I forgot what they are called in Islam or the patheist type Muslims who are not interested in accepting or rejecting any claims that the creator exists or does not exist and think of it as irrelevant. Maybe Sunnis can be put in the category of Atheism too for having a lack of proper belief in the existence of the creator. 

58 minutes ago, Shams of tabriz said:

Teachings of Buddha distorted by his followers. They divided themselves into sects and True religion of Buddha becomes Hinayana and Mahayana etc.

I totally agree with you and as @Shamz of Tabriz says history is repeating itself. As  I explained above we find similar divide in Islam and other religions too.

9 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Not possible, he didn't believe in a Creator , encouraged his disciples to eat pork and practiced asceticism.   

You are probably right if he ate pork. Although he can't have been that bad as I don’t see how he could have been living a very disciplined life as an asceticist and still not believe in a creator. 

Edited by Murtaza1

8 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

Although he can't have been that bad as I don’t see how he could have been living a very disciplined life as an asceticist and still not believe in a creator. 

Discipline does not equal faith , ever heard of Jaina Dharma? These people also practice asceticism  and do not believe in a creator.

Some foolish men declare that creator made the world. The doctrine that the world was created is ill advised and should be rejected.

If God created the world, where was he before the creation? If you say he was transcendent then and needed no support, where is he now? How could God have made this world without any raw material? If you say that he made this first, and then the world, you are faced with an endless regression.

If you declare that this raw material arose naturally you fall into another fallacy, for the whole universe might thus have been its own creator, and have arisen quite naturally.

If God created the world by an act of his own will, without any raw material, then it is just his will and nothing else — and who will believe this silly nonsense?

If he is ever perfect and complete, how could the will to create have arisen in him? If, on the other hand, he is not perfect, he could no more create the universe than a potter could.

If he is form-less, action-less and all-embracing, how could he have created the world? Such a soul, devoid of all modality, would have no desire to create anything.

If he is perfect, he does not strive for the three aims of man, so what advantage would he gain by creating the universe?

If you say that he created to no purpose because it was his nature to do so, then God is pointless. If he created in some kind of sport, it was the sport of a foolish child, leading to trouble.

If he created because of the karma of embodied beings (acquired in a previous creation), then he is not the Almighty Lord, but subordinate to something else.

If out of love for living beings and need of them he made the world, why did he not make creation wholly blissful free from misfortune?

If he were transcendent he would not create, for he would be free: Nor if involved in transmigration, for then he would not be almighty. Thus the doctrine that the world was created by God makes no sense at all.

And God commits great sin in slaying the children whom he himself created. If you say that he slays only to destroy evil beings, why did he create such beings in the first place?

Good men should combat the believer in divine creation, maddened by an evil doctrine. Know that the world is uncreated, as time itself is, without beginning or end, and is based on the principles, life and rest. Uncreated and indestructible, it endures under the compulsion of its own nature.

^ From one of their texts, Mahapurana. Although Siddhartha Gautama was not a Jain, the philosophy he preached is very similar.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

2 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Siddartha’s Buddhism isn’t the same as Buddhism today. So we can’t really say. There are a lot of similarities between Islam and Buddhism, but who knows.

Yep, I agree.

Well interestingly, if you've heard of Manichaeism, they were a religion founded by the self-proclaimed Prophet Mani in the 2nd century. He himself received revelations from God and his revelations brought Buddhism and the Abrahamic tradition both into the same category (one of the first recorded instances of Siddartha and Jesus/Isa (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) being put in the same category). Although Mani's own texts are hard to come by and much of it is left in the dark for historians, he does seem to provide a theoretical backdrop between Islam (being Abrahamic) and Buddhism.

(I don't agree with a lot of what Historians consider to be Manichaen doctrine though.....)

Edited by HakimPtsid

13 hours ago, Shams of tabriz said:

And after two thousand years now it seems that Buddhism is different from Islam.

Yep, I agree with you.

Ù�تÛ�جÙ� تصÙ�Û�رÛ� براÛ� â�ªMuhammad(pbuh)In Buddhist Scripturesâ�¬â��  Ù�تÛ�جÙ� تصÙ�Û�رÛ� براÛ� â�ªMuhammad(pbuh)In Buddhist Scripturesâ�¬â�� Ù�تÛ�جÙ� تصÙ�Û�رÛ� براÛ� â�ªMuhammad(pbuh)In Buddhist Scripturesâ�¬â�� ØªØµÙ�Û�ر Ù�رتبط  image.jpeg they are all guesses and I don't verify it completely because islamawareness article based on Zakir Naik book & tafsir.net is a prediction site that tries to calculate houre & day for reappearance of Imam Mahdi (aj) but it is good for research 

https://www.islamawareness.net/Hinduism/Hindu.html

https://www.islamawareness.net/Buddhism/Buddhist.html

المايتريا Maitreya أو المخلص والمرتبط ظهورة بالعدد666.
فمن هو هذا المايتريا Maitreya.
معظم المذاهب العالمية تبشِّر بظهور معلم عظيم في العالم (مايتريا Maitreya)، فالمذهب الشيعي في الإسلام يترقب ظهور الإمام المهدي وعودة المسيح ، 
والدين المسيحي ينتظر المجيء الثاني للمسيح، والدين اليهودي يتوقع الماشيح المنتظر، كذلك الهندوس ينتظرون "كريشنا" (أو "كالكي")،
والبوذيون يستعدون لمجيءالبوذا الخامس (البوذا "مايتريا" Maitreya Buddha). 

Most of the global doctrines preach the emergence of a great teacher in the world (Maitreya Maitreya), the Shiite doctrine in Islam awaits the emergence of Imam Mahdi and the return of Christ,
The Christian religion is waiting for the second coming of Christ, and the Jewish religion anticipates the expected signs, and the Hindus wait for Krishna (or Kalki)
Buddhists are preparing for the coming of the fifth Buddha (Maitreya Buddha).

THIS REVELATION WILL SERVE AS A WARNING TO HEBREW SCHOLARS AND
LAY PERSONS IN Israel, AS THEY WILL SEE THAT * MAITREYA * CALCUATES TO 666,
IN THEIR OWN LANGUAGE AND ALPHABET!!!
هل هذا الوحي بمثابة تحذير إلى العبرية العلماء والأشخاص العاديين في إسرائيل ، وأنها ستري أن مايتريا CALCUATES إلى 666 ،
في لغتهم الخاصة والحروف الأبجدية!..
There are seven variations to The Hebrew Spelling of the name, MAITREYA and all seven 
Calculate to six hundred & sixty six = 666.
What is more amazing is that all seven, Hebrew spellings (pronunciations) of the name, 
MAITREYA are also found in The Bible Code.
(Beast's real mark devalued to '616).

and sixty six (666).
7 ـMAITREYA
154782649.jpg
מ MUM=40 ميم= 40
י YOD=10 يود= 10
ת TAV=400 تاو= 400
ר RUSH=200 ريش= 200
י YOD=10 يود= 10
ה HEI=5 هيه= 5
א ALEPH=1 ألف= 1
MESSIAH 
المجموع : 666 666 = six hundred and sixty six (666).
MAITREYA = 666: The Number of the Beast Revealed

https://vb.tafsir.net/tafsir38623/#.XKhFZp5OTcc

Edited by Ashvazdanghe