Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

There’s is something essential to faith and there are the accessories of faith.  The nuances in doctrine are the accessories... after all, these nuances of doctrine didn’t exist during the time of the Propeht (S).  The Prophet’s (S) very being  sufficed.  

During the life of the Prophet (S) there existed no polemics, all the sahabah were one and united in love and out of love for the Prophet (S) and they respected each other immensely.  All the polemics started as soon as the Prophet (S) left this word.  What you align yourself with after the departing of the Prophet (S) is an accessory (not to be belittled, but also not to be blinded by as well).  It is through the aligning of yourself with the Ahlul Bayt (S) exclusively (like the case is with Shiaism) or with Sahaba as a whole (as is the case with Ahlul Sunnah wal Jama’) that you will find your connection with the Prophet (S).  Both parties intend to honor the Prophet (S), one part does so by seeing the Prophet (S) in his bloodline (his family), and the other honors the Prophet (S) by exclusively seeing the Prophet (S) in himself and and in no one else. These are merely two sides of the same coin, two ways of approaching the Prophet (S).  

Notice in the world of the Ahlul Sunnah wal Jama the emphasis is usually placed on what the Prophet (S) did.  He (S) did this, so I will do this...  this is why Sunnis by and large are very good with doing their Sunnah prayers (it is in some cases wajib although not fard to not follow the Prophet (S) in his extra prayers.). In the Shia world the emphasis is placed on the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) because the Ahlul Bayt (S) best represent the Prophet (S), this is why Shias tend to rely predominantly on what the Ahlul Bayt (S) say and do.  

@eThErEaL so what answer do the earlier people give to the question of Imam/wali? 

1 hour ago, Murtaza1 said:

@eThErEaL so what answer do the earlier people give to the question of Imam/wali? 

The Prophet (S) is the wali of God par excellence.  I think this answer remains true for everyone despite what religion you follow.  Because the Christian follows Muhammad (S) through Christ (عليه السلام) and the Buddhists follow Muhammad (S) through the Buddha (عليه السلام).  The Muhammadan Shariah encompasses and contains all previous religions.  In fact the Prophet (S) contains everything within himself because he was sent as a mercy for all of existence.  He is the merciful womb (rhm) that contains the entire creation within himself.   He (S) was at the beginning even when Adam was between mud and clay (as a Hadith mentions), and he (S) is at the end.  The first of us is Muhammad, the Middle of us is Muhammad and the last of us is Muhammad (S) and everything in existence is Muhammad (S).

The same applies for Shias and Sunnis.  The Shias follow Muhammad (S) through the 12 infallibles.  

Edited by eThErEaL

30 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

the Buddhists follow Muhammad (S) through the Buddha (عليه السلام).  

That's a surprise to me. Isn't budhism 2500 years old or did their book predict the arrival of Prophet Mohammed ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم))? 

Edited by Murtaza1

8 minutes ago, Murtaza1 said:

That's a surprise to me. Isn't budhism 2500 years old or did their book predict the arrival of Prophet Mohammed ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم))? 

Buddhism was around since  500 BC 

Edited by eThErEaL

43 minutes ago, Murtaza1 said:

@eThErEaL so how did they know about the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم))? 

Well, they don’t need to know about his historical reality as an individual.  They merely have to follow their Prophet(عليه السلام) and that would be following Muhammad (S) through the Buddha.  Knowingly or unknowingly they are following the Prophet (S).  

Edited by eThErEaL

1 hour ago, eThErEaL said:

Well, they don’t need to know about his historical reality as an individual.  They merely have to follow their Prophet(عليه السلام) and that would be following Muhammad (S) through the Buddha.  Knowingly or unknowingly they are following the Prophet (S).  

Well I think that's a long shot unless you are 100% sure that budhism was one of the early religions sent by Allah subhana wa tala 

8 minutes ago, Murtaza1 said:

Well I think that's a long shot unless you are 100% sure that budhism was one of the early religions sent by Allah subhana wa tala 

I am 10000 % sure that it cannot be otherwise.  

Edited by eThErEaL

1 hour ago, Murtaza1 said:

What evidence is there? 

What evidence is there that Muhammad (S) is the final messenger of God?  

It is “your faith/ your knowledge”of him, his message and of his miracle(s) isn’t it?

Can anyone see that faith?

it is like asking, “what evidence is there of God?”  Answer:  God Himself is the evidence for the one who has faith in Him and who knows Him.

Buddhism itself is its evidence for the one that truly knows about Buddhism and its wise and noble teachings. 

Edited by eThErEaL

2 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

Not possible since Buddhism does not promote Monotheism. 

In fact, Buddhism speaks against the concept of a central entity that created life, the world or existence in general. How can that be something that Allah sent into this world when it does not support the concept of central creator ?

11 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

What evidence is there that Muhammad (S) is the final messenger of God?  

It is “your faith/ your knowledge”of him, his message and of his miracle(s) isn’t it?

Can anyone see that faith?

it is like asking, “what evidence is there of God?”  Answer:  God Himself is the evidence for the one who has faith in Him and who knows Him.

Buddhism itself is its evidence for the one that truly knows about Buddhism and its wise and noble teachings. 

The Buddha, who lived long before Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), had a quite different way of talking about the Truth and the path to Its realization. he taught the path of Knowledge, the path of meditation. He, like Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), had experienced his identity with the Eternal, and he realized that it is “the belief in a separate “I” that gives rise to all sorrows, binding us as with cords to the world of sorrow.” This “I,” said the Buddha, “does not exist, and the illusion of it conceals what is truly the Permanent Reality."

14 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

Not possible since Buddhism does not promote Monotheism. 

In fact, Buddhism speaks against the concept of a central entity that created life, the world or existence in general. How can that be something that Allah sent into this world when it does not support the concept of central creator ?

Salam,

I have a BA in world religions and wrote a thesis comparing Buddhism and Islam....  and according to me what you are saying about Buddhism is very far from the truth.  It is as absurd and ignorant as those ignorant non-Muslims who think Muslims worship a black cube in the middle of a desert.  

But then again, this is what my knowledge of Buddhism says, maybe you know more?

Edited by eThErEaL