Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ashhh

Convert thinking of becoming Shia

Rate this topic

Asalam Alaykum,

I am a convert (to Sunni) and I have been recently learning about Shia.. and I feel very connected so far. I was wondering if anyone can provide me with good English resources, or are able to tell me about their conversion? This will be so helpful hearing reasons why others converted to Shia.

1 hour ago, ashhh said:

Asalam Alaykum,

I am a convert (to Sunni) and I have been recently learning about Shia.. and I feel very connected so far. I was wondering if anyone can provide me with good English resources, or are able to tell me about their conversion? This will be so helpful hearing reasons why others converted to Shia.

I posted this back when I was Sunni having inclinations towards Shia Islam. Wow seems so long ago.

Alhamdulillah I feel I made the right decision and have not looked back.

I recommend this simple, concise book.

https://www.al-Islam.org/inquiries-about-Shia-Islam-Sayyid-moustafa-al-qazwini

It's on Amazon too, if like me you prefer physical books.

2 hours ago, ashhh said:

Asalam Alaykum,

There is this really good book by Muhammad al tijani called “Ask those who know” . I’m not sure whether you can get it from ebook, but the way the sheikh logically explains Shia Islam is just amazing 

4 hours ago, ashhh said:

Asalam Alaykum,

https://www.al-Islam.org/

that site is very good and has very good reading material. You can also ask me and I have access to a lot of Islamic knowledge since both of my granfathers were and are Imams and my great grandfather as well so I have learned a lot which I would love to share with you?

6 hours ago, ashhh said:

Asalam Alaykum,

Selam, the main resources I would recommend for learning more about Shia Islam would be to listen to :

1) Syed Ammar Nakshwani Lectures (He provides a great basis for the school of the Ahlul Bayt AS)

2) Islamic Pulse Youtube Channel (Their channel is amazing and really helped me  reverting from Ahlus Sunnah to the path of the Ahlul Bayt AS, Additionally they clear out many misconceptions about Shias, and Shia Islam)

3) Al Islam Website (Provides a great resource for learning for new Shias)

That being said, about my personal conversions story, it really all started when I read about Hazret Abbas (عليه السلام) actions at Karbala and the suffering of the young Sakinah bint Hussain (عليه السلام). Hazret Abbas (AS)'s loyalty to the family of the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم))'s made me realize true devotion. Unlike many others on Shia Chat whose conversion was most likely rife with research and comparison (as well as emotion), mine was much more emotional I felt connected to the path of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) and wanted to remain loyal to the family of Hazreti ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) until death enshallah. I listened to lectures about the sufferings of the holy Imams (عليه السلام) and the stories of bravery and sacrifice found throughout their lives. In addition to this I saw dreams of Ayatollah Behjat, and Ayatollah Sistani as well, most probably because I was doing a lot of research at the time.

Eventually I contacted a local Imam cleared up a few questions I had and accepted the path of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام). Though the conversion I had was not without it's problems I have not told my family as they are staunch Sunnis, Ive only really told a few close friends. 

My main advice would be to research for yourself, and if there are Shia scholars around you, ask them questions to clear stuff up. This path elhamdullilah is full of blessings and happiness but it is not without it's challenges. 

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bless you for whichever path you choose to take, and may he facilitate your ease in understanding Islam.