Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Revert1963

Managing a chador

I have a newbie question concerning care of a chador. I have been wearing one on a few occasions and I generally had a good feeling about it. It made me feel closer to Allah. However I am not wearing it all the time, so I was wondering how take care of it when I am not wearing it. (it is the type with small sleeves at the wrist)
I tried to hang it on a hanger in the closet, but it just falls down all the time. And I don't think it a good idea to hang it in the strap that goes behind the neck. It would just loosen it.
So I was wandering how does people store a chador?

On 3/12/2019 at 4:51 AM, Revert1963 said:

I have a newbie question concerning care of a chador. I have been wearing one on a few occasions and I generally had a good feeling about it. It made me feel closer to Allah. However I am not wearing it all the time, so I was wondering how take care of it when I am not wearing it. (it is the type with small sleeves at the wrist)
I tried to hang it on a hanger in the closet, but it just falls down all the time. And I don't think it a good idea to hang it in the strap that goes behind the neck. It would just loosen it.
So I was wandering how does people store a chador?

If you fold it up and keep it in a drawer, you would have to rewash and dry it to get the wrinkles out before you wear it again. I agree with @Ali Mahdi who said his wife hangs her chador on a hook. 

I fold mine vertically into a long rectangle then hang them on a hanger and put them in a ward robe. this way, they remain ironed and don’t slip off.  Alternatively you can fold it in half (I.e the half circle into a quarter circle) and fold twice more to get a "triangle" of sorts. this goes into the flat part of a hanger well too.

Both these shapes can then be folded over two or three times into a neat small square or rectangle which sits on a shelf with other clothes. If you buy non crease material, this will not form "square" creases when you unfold it, so you can just pull it out of the stack in the cupboard and wear it without needing to re-iron it.

On 3/12/2019 at 2:51 PM, Revert1963 said:

I was wandering how does people store a chador

Rolled in a ball ,thrown on the sofa or chair or bed whatever is available.:coffee: