Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Gabenowa

Through the Eye of the Needle

Rate this topic

During these 3 months I have been studying Shia Islam, something that has always bothered me about Islam has turned into a permanent skepticism coupled with certain psychological and personality traits I have encountered on this chat site. It's how Arab nationalism is directly and subliminally promoted in the Qu'ran and the doctrines, thought and spirituality of Shi'ism. I realised it begins with the word "Allah" and note Im only referring to the word and not what the word represents because the word itself represents a concept. I was chatting with a Berber from Algeria (Kabyle) right here in South Africa where he owns a business establishment (its a nightclub where people go to drink and party)  and I asked him "Elias, are you Muslim?" He replied "No, not really", I asked him "why not"? He replied that "don’t tell me to believe in a religion of Arabs who came to my land to oppress me" .  I asked him another question "do you believe in Allah?" His response which merits careful consideration was "doesnt matter what you call God, if you believe in God then thats all that matters irrespective of what name you use". 

A fact which cannot be denied or thrown into the dustbin of history is how the word Allah originated. Allah was originally a male pagan God in mecca right there in the Ka'aba before the Qu'ran raised him to the "all knowing all wise Allah" that every Muslim seems to be his media communications officer. I find it slightly confusing, with the Shia definition of God, perhaps on papers as a concept that Allah, taking into consideration Imam Ali's quite detailed definition of this Allah that he is after all A HE! Is it perhaps that he is a HE! that patriarchy and the oppression of the female gender is quite justified in Islam because "surely the all knowing all wise Allah" is always presented as a male. Once a concept, I use the word concept because Im typing from without and not from within.  once a concept is presented as a male then it reasons that the attitudes of those who have presented him as a male will justify their insecure manhoods because the "all knowing all wise Allah" after all a male. Before you lecture me on the Shia concept of Allah, let me be clear that I fully understand it. Including Imam Ali's quite detailed thesis on the concept of Allah. It's just a tad bit hypocritical to present this concept of Allah as 

"Praise belongs to God, who did not originate from anything, nor did He bring what exists into being from anything. His beginninglessness is attested to by the temporality of things, His power by the impotence with which He has branded them, and His everlastingness by the annihilation which He has forced upon them. No place is empty of Him that He might be perceived through localisation, no object is like HIm that He might be described by quality, nor is He absent from anything that He might be known through situation etc etc" 

note how this Allah is constantly praised as being unique and all yet he is a he he he he he he him this him that he must be obeyed he is all knowing all wise, just note how quite detailed Imam Ali presented his thesis on Allah yet how incredibly contradictory it is when he is a HE! This by the way is not a personal attack on Imam Ali neither is it a personal attack on the religion. This disclaimer is presented to the intellectually feeble. To those who are so insecure about themselves that Islam (Shia) is their only secure identity and that pointing out contradictions is seen as a threat to their own fragile identities in a world in which capitalism has created so much death and destruction that religion is the only escapist fantasy left. I understand. I just cannot stand contradictions in texts which are presented to me as both beginning and end. That is not true, it has never been true and it will never be true.

Have you ever wondered why in Christianity, God had a son but not a daughter. If God is a HE then it stands to reason that of course God would want to have a son because the human male attitude is that you want a son as a successor.. Here it is clear that the God of Christianity in impregnating the Virgin Mary is a mere figmentation of whatever male mind or male minds created Christianity. The fact that the son of God had to be male and had the mother a VIRGIN since religious minds have always conceived in their pathetic male insecure selves that a woman must be pure blah blah etc etc..... If women created Christianity, you can bet both your kidneys that God would have bequeathed to the world a daughter.

Why is it that all the Prophets are male? Unless I am mistaken, from Judaism right down to Islam, the Prophets are all male. Men. From Abraham to Mohammed, does God only speak to men? Are women so inferior that God deems their ears so impure that they are unworthy of his voice? Note I used the masculine tense to refer to God, the irony is not lost on me because that is the way I was taught about God from Judaism right down to Islam God is a HE. So everything done to women is justifiable because hey, don’t forget, Allah is Him right? unless He wants to bequeath a child to the world then a Virgin Mary is included in the holy texts to handle the birth part. 

started this post to speak about the undeniable reality of Arab Nationalism in Islam, direct and subliminal, both conscious and subconcious and unconscious subliminal signals through their language but I got distracted about this disturbing reality of women in Islam and infact all these religions where Father Abraham is the Patriarch. I'll come back to Arabs a bit later on, need to research that one properly.

This a lengthy post so it will take some time to discuss however the very existence of Non Arab Muslim communities denies your theory also in the context of multiple cultural aspects Islam contributed to many different changes such as spread of the Persian language all the way to India etc.

The Berbers and Arabs have hostility because the governments ban the language however this only applies to the context of North Africa.

Additionally the “He” in Arabic is a gender neutral and one of the names of God is feminine. Also Allah comes from the Semitic root Al Ilah the God you can find this same word in Hebrew, Aramaic or other neighboring languages.

As for the moon God theory that’s been debunked and is mainly claimed by Christian preachers.

16 hours ago, Gabenowa said:

A fact which cannot be denied or thrown into the dustbin of history is how the word Allah originated. Allah was originally a male pagan God in mecca right there in the Ka'aba

As per my knowledge the male pagan God name was Al lat not Allah.

16 hours ago, Gabenowa said:

During these 3 months I have been studying Shia Islam, something that has always bothered me about Islam has turned into a permanent skepticism coupled with certain psychological and personality traits I have encountered on this chat site. It's how Arab nationalism is directly and subliminally promoted in the Qu'ran and the doctrines, thought and spirituality of Shi'ism. I realised it begins with the word "Allah" and note Im only referring to the word and not what the word represents because the word itself represents a concept. I was chatting with a Berber from Algeria (Kabyle) right here in South Africa where he owns a business establishment (its a nightclub where people go to drink and party)  and I asked him "Elias, are you Muslim?" He replied "No, not really", I asked him "why not"? He replied that "don’t tell me to believe in a religion of Arabs who came to my land to oppress me" .  I asked him another question "do you believe in Allah?" His response which merits careful consideration was "doesnt matter what you call God, if you believe in God then thats all that matters irrespective of what name you use". 

Indeed, those who deny Our verses and are arrogant toward them - the gates of Heaven will not be opened for them, nor will they enter Paradise until a camel enters into the eye of a needle. And thus do We recompense the criminals. (7:40)

Edited by skyweb1987

25 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Ja'abi said:

I suppose what could be expected from someone deluded enough to think he's mastered theology in three months. Anyways, enjoy trying to find your point again so you can comeback to be condescending to the members of this forum with a new unhinged and insane post, having seen your posts I know there's something crazier in you than this.

I never claimed to have mastered theology. What I said, Mr. Ibn Al-Ja'abi, is that during my 3 months of study is that I have picked up disturbing trends. and let me apprise you of something when I study history or religion or philosophy or etc etc infact I have studied many things in my short existence, I read from within and without, because I learnt the hard way never trust people to teach you, always read and interpret issues myself, no matter what and no matter what the cost. That said, I am off my game. My country heads to historic democratic elections in 60 days and for the first time since 1994, the ruling African National Congress is not assured of getting even a clear 50%. So everybody is jittery, from our currency to stock market stocks, everyone is just jittery about their economic investments including me. So I must apologise, Mr.. Arab man, that yes, I was incohorent and all. and Sir, I don’t appreciate it when you get personal. If we were on even ground, we could go toe to toe but since the admins here don’t like me, I must be restrained. If you cannot hold back in being personal, rather don’t comment on my posts. I am not condescending, just a tad bit too truthful in my interpretations, I don’t live in a world of fear where I could die questioning dominant ideologies and religious prescriptions. As for "new unhinged and insane posts, something crazier in you than this" oh you are so right. I've read too much history.

35 minutes ago, Gabenowa said:

I never claimed to have mastered theology. What I said, Mr.. Ibn Al-Ja'abi, is that during my 3 months of study is that I have picked up disturbing trends. and let me apprise you of something when I study history or religion or philosophy or etc etc infact I have studied many things in my short existence, I read from within and without, because I learnt the hard way never trust people to teach you, always read and interpret issues myself, no matter what and no matter what the cost.

I applaud you, that's a very interesting way to explain away this:

Before you lecture me on the Shia concept of Allah, let me be clear that I fully understand it. Including Imam Ali's quite detailed thesis on the concept of Allah. It's just a tad bit hypocritical to present this concept of Allah as.

I supposed I've learned a new thing, as it seems fully understanding something just means you've been able to see broad trends. Thank you for your appraisal.

38 minutes ago, Gabenowa said:

Sir, I don’t appreciate it when you get personal. If we were on even ground, we could go toe to toe but since the admins here don’t like me, I must be restrained. If you cannot hold back in being personal, rather don’t comment on my posts. I am not condescending, just a tad bit too truthful in my interpretations, I don’t live in a world of fear where I could die questioning dominant ideologies and religious prescriptions.

Nope, this is condescension:

This disclaimer is presented to the intellectually feeble. To those who are so insecure about themselves that Islam (Shia) is their only secure identity and that pointing out contradictions is seen as a threat to their own fragile identities in a world in which capitalism has created so much death and destruction that religion is the only escapist fantasy left. I understand. ...

And I suppose if you want to get out of being called out for your condescension by saying you're being frank, I'll do the same for calling your silly and ridiculous behaviour out and say I'm not being personal, I'm being frank. I can appreciate that your country is going through tough times (as it seems the second thing of worth which you've said in this thread), but you cannot post nonsense like this.

52 minutes ago, Gabenowa said:

As for "new unhinged and insane posts, something crazier in you than this" oh you are so right. I've read too much history.

Oh yeah, I remember reading in The Cambridge Ancient History series that part about how Latin is the language of Satan (Shaitan, Iblis, and whatever you call him -- but it was all in caps) and how Prophets are actually Satan. Obviously this is how historians talk, I remember watching a seminar where Robert Hoyland just loses his mind as well and goes on tirades about Satanic Romans.

55 minutes ago, Gabenowa said:

So I must apologise, Mr... Arab man

I was born in Pakistan, but just because I'm not Arab it doesn't excuse your nonsensical anti-Arab racism.

57 minutes ago, Gabenowa said:

rather don’t comment on my posts

Sorry, you don't have a carte blanche to post nonsense playing armchair psychologist and not be told you're being ridiculous. In any case, perhaps go and actually study whatever you're bragging to people about having had studied. Good luck.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:33 PM, Gabenowa said:

I use the word concept because I'm typing from without and not from within. 

without is a within of a without.

alas, mind not.

ws

You say He He He He....

Yet the Final Prophet Muhammad (عليه السلام) left behind only a Daughter and from her (Fatima AS), his bloodline continues till this day.

There is hikmah that all Prophets were Males. One reason could be that they had to teach the people of their times and have to be a renowned public figure so for that purpose a male is preferred as a male is more available/reachable/approachable.

Another reason which comes to my mind is that one of the important messages of Prophets was to be modest. To cover themselves/hijab/modesty. So it would not be right for a female Prophet to give message about covering/modesty/hijab while at the same time being a public figure and being right at the centre of public. As people would question her, that if you are giving message and lecture about covering yourself, hijab and not communicating with non-mahram so then why are you in the middle of public and interacting with non-mahrams. 

A male is better suited to convey the message of covering, hijab, non-interaction with non-mahram.

I am sure there would be many more reasons and hikmah that all Prophets, Imams and Caliphs were males.

Allah knows best.