Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Quantum Jumping and Islam?

Rate this topic

Guest Spiritual Muslim

Guest Spiritual Muslim

There are people who have Quantum Jumped and shifted into a new or desired reality and have claimed there are multiple parallel universes and multiple realities and that if you really desire a life you want and think about it, you can shift and wake up into your desired life. Does this go against Qur'an teachings? If you don’t know what I am talking about google quantum jumping. And plz don’t respond saying something like "they are probably lying".

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Please forgive this reply as it is not my intent to insult, but I would be wary of anyone claiming to have successfully made a Quantum Jump. Quantum is the latest buzz word for the current "science like"(in popular culture) culture. 

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Quantum_Jumping

• Advanced Member
On 3/6/2019 at 3:27 AM, Guest Spiritual Muslim said:

There are people who have Quantum Jumped and shifted into a new or desired reality and have claimed there are multiple parallel universes and multiple realities and that if you really desire a life you want and think about it, you can shift and wake up into your desired life. Does this go against Qur'an teachings? If you don’t know what I am talking about google quantum jumping. And plz don’t respond saying something like "they are probably lying".

Quantum jumping is just positive thinking which causes an alternate reality.

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, HakimPtsid said:

True! Even entertaining the conjecture of the "Multiverse Theory", aka multiple universes, necessitates a thing which those alternative universes exist within. The Multiverse theory is inherently metaphysical but despite being a metaphysical concept, it's not a coherent one. You can entertain the idea of reincarnation too but as a result of that, like the Multiverse theory, Occam's Razor is the obvious logical choice of perspective. 

Well said.

• Advanced Member

Hello there!

I've been in the same boat as you, brother.

You're talking about spirit travel. Astral projection. Yes, in Islam, we do believe in the soul. We do believe there are other dimensions, as Allah is an infinite being that transcends these dimensions. Ralvi, and Hakim, sorry, but your responses are too atheistic. This universe is definitely not the only one we have. Many key Islamic figures were able to look into alternate realities in their mind. 

Imam Ali had transcended to the point where he could be present in multiple dimensions at the same time, that phenomena is definitely there.

To be Shia is to be more spiritual than any other sect, except perhaps, Sufism.

The Wahabi approach to this is that it is a forbidden practice as it uses a Wasila (medium). However, remember that the Kaabah serves as a medium between humans and Allah.

Most importantly, remember that when you offer salah, this is precisely what you are doing, you are communicating to Allah, who goes beyond our plane of existence. Everything is already given to us by the Qur'an and the Ahlul Bayt, so don't try any other practices you find on the internet.

Off topic but, did you know that a Shia Islamic scholar has okayed the use of psychedelics for medical use? 

• Advanced Member

Not sure about Quantum Jumping but if you want a book on levels of reality from the Qu'ran, Sunnah and Philosophy then I recommend Existence & the Fall by Hamid Parsania.

A book called Shining Sun: In Memory of 'Allamah Tabataba'I also discusses the folding up of the Earth (tay al-ard) in context of the throne of Bilqis which is rapidly moved from one place to another in the Qur'an. To my knowledge a bending of space-time or "folding up of the Earth" is the leading scientific hypothesis to for teleportation..

Edited by ali47
  • Veteran Member

Salam walaikum 

There are Hadith about multiple worlds/universes and multiples Adams but I am having a little trouble finding them at the moment. With those Hadith and the above post in mind it seems what some call “quantum jumping” might not so far fetched.

I heard a quote from Imam (عليه السلام) (can't provide ref).

Imam (عليه السلام) said that any type of creation people can think off, has been created by Allah Talah already.( Because he is infinitely more knowledgeable than people and he creates and it doesn't cost him any effort.

Marhoom Ghazanfar Abbas Gondal was a Punjabi zakir who was blessed with insights in religion that left me speechless, he died fairly young aged while reciting shadat of Ali Akbar (عليه السلام), which he was finding very distressing). 

In one of his speeches he said that Imam (عليه السلام) once came into mosque and his companions asked where he had been. Imam said that he was visiting a creation which is created from air, lives and dies in air and is hurried in the air. Some found it hard to believe. Imam (عليه السلام) said that they don't believe me when I tell them that I came from being who are created from Earth, who live and die on Earth and who are hurried in the Earth.

Was Imam refering to a planet or another dimension? As the holy Qur'an says that do they think we are exhausted after creating them? ( Meaning do they think we will not create others after these creations).

There is no scientific evidence about other dimensions but we can think of these things. As some referred above t Qur'anic story of Asif barkhiya (عليه السلام) and throne of balqees, if it wasn't mentioned in Qur'an then it would sound like a fairy tale.

Another Pakistani Alim who was murdered a few years ago, Allan's Nasir Abbas off Multan, was referring to signs of repearance of Imam Mahdi (عليه السلام) and he quoted the saying of Imam Ali which mentions momin in East and west will be able to see and talk to each other and people will have anteena or ariels of rods of their homes. Allan's said that this hadis was very difficult to believe untill few years ago. He said similarly fiqh of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) has hadis about what happens when someone becomes alive after remaining dead for a very long time, what happens to widow if she has remarried or even if she hasn't, is she still his wife or what happens to his wealth and property which was  inherited by his family. ( He didn't use word cryogenics, I never heard a word of English from him in many speeches. ) We also have rulings about how to pray on other plants or when in space.) All these things will become possible or they would not be included in teachings of Imams.

It is possible that like flying or other advances in science would have been considered fairy tales just over a hundred plus years ago.

It is said that only very little knowledge would have been discovered by mankind before the reappearance. Imam will reveal much more to people and people aqal or wisdom would be perfected.

Imams said that if you don't understand any of hadees then leave for those who will come after you.

Zarara said to Imam Zain ul Abaideen (عليه السلام) that he hears hadees some times which he feels like burning. He mentioned hadis of Prophet s. That there were many Adams before Adam (عليه السلام) from which we are descended.( Upto a million Adams are mentioned) . Saw a documentary of ITV once, archeologists were mentioning different bones they found and how they could date when those people lived. I started watching or paying attention halfway through program when they mentioned a people which lived more than 300,000 years ago,, they burried their dead and left flowers in on the graves of their loved ones!

We exist but for a blink of an eye in life of this universe which is very old and which has enough matter that stars, slow burning ones will be burning out and new ones will be forming for trillions of years. 

I mentioned all these things just to show what has been mentioned by ulema who didn't talk about science in rural Punjab and how those hadees are in line with some scientific theories we think are unlikely ever to come true but that's what people of by gone years thought about lots of things we have today.

As to other dimensions or plains of existence then in the very beginning of Qur'an, Allah Talah says that he is sustainer of Alameen, not one Alim. We exist in one Alim, but when we die, we go somewhere else, barzakh is so different place of existence that ulema can't even describe it, even those who see glimes of it, their mind interprets things they can't comprehend, by translating things out mind can accept or what we are capable of understanding. Maybe barzakh, mahsar etc are different dimensions, each is very different but connected to the last. Like it or not we are created immortal, bodies die and are left behind but our journey continues, forever.

• Veteran Member

This discussion on "quantum jumping" reminds me of a college joke, now decades old.

"There is a finite probability that a telephone pole can suddenly materialized before your eyes."

Which is 'true' in quantum theory . . . HOWEVER, the probability exceeds  [the number of atoms in the universe]:1

• Veteran Member
11 hours ago, realizm said:

:salam:

The story of nabi Suleiman (عليه السلام), the hudhud and the jinn, and the throne of Saba.

This is not a "quantum jump". Suleiman (عليه السلام). knew the speech of birds; the Jinns' ifrit was being deceptive; Sulieman (عليه السلام). had knowledge of the Book and was prompted to announce the throne's appearance -as the Command is with al-Haqq,Allah-(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). alone.

How old are you?

• Veteran Member
6 hours ago, hasanhh said:

This is not a "quantum jump". Suleiman (عليه السلام). knew the speech of birds; the Jinns' ifrit was being deceptive; Sulieman (عليه السلام). had knowledge of the Book and was prompted to announce the throne's appearance -as the Command is with al-Haqq,Allah-(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). alone.

How old are you?

Probably twice as young as you dear brother, but I fail to see how this is relevant.

There is clearly a third character in the story, which had knowledge of the Book, and who brought a throne before Suleiman (عليه السلام) could blink. This could be a jinn since humans are not known to jump in space and time.

Allahu a`lam.

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
8 hours ago, realizm said:

Probably twice as young as you dear brother, but I fail to see how this is relevant.

There is clearly a third character in the story, which had knowledge of the Book, and who brought a throne before Suleiman (عليه السلام) could blink. This could be a jinn since humans are not known to jump in space and time.

Allahu a`lam.

Salam the person that have knowledge of book was a human that knew just one word from 27 words but our Ahlulnayt (عليه السلام) know all 27 words for example Imam Ali (عليه السلام) went from kufa to Madaen in blink of eye with a camel & buryal accessories & backed in blink of eye from buryal from his funeral to Kufa

• Veteran Member
6 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam the person that have knowledge of book was a human that knew just one word from 27 words but our Ahlulnayt (عليه السلام) know all 27 words for example Imam Ali (عليه السلام) went from kufa to Madaen in blink of eye with a camel & buryal accessories & backed in blink of eye from buryal from his funeral to Kufa

Please share more about this, I am unaware of that story.

25 minutes ago, realizm said:

Please share more about this, I am unaware of that story.

I made a mistake it was from medins to Madaen One day morning  Imam Ali (عليه السلام) entered to mosque in Medina & said Prophet (pbu) informed me in dream last night  about death of Salman (رضي الله عنه) & ordered me to do all of his burisl process then Umar said take his Kafan from Treasury but Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said everything prepared before & he went out of Medina while people followed  him to ourdkirts if Medina & then backed to town & Imam Ali(عليه السلام) backed before dhuhr & said I did it but nobody accepted it but after few days a letter came from Madaen & confirmed his presence there 

Asbaq ibn Nanata (رضي الله عنه)was in Madaen with Salman (رضي الله عنه) until his death & confirmed this story also an Iranian man in name of Zazan that was in Madaen said an Arab man came from nowhere on a white mule & did burial completely by himself & then disappeared suddenly as appeared suddenly before

https://www.islamquest.net/fa/archive/question/fa56357

Edited by Ashvazdanghe
1 hour ago, realizm said:

And what about the 27 words ?

Salam It said by Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) that 'all Prophet inherited 2 words of knowlwdge for all humans until time of reappearance that Imam Mahdi (aj) will com & will reveal rest of  it to people ' 

That until now all of our achievemens is based on these 2 words but we must increase our capacity for accepting rest of 25 words as said in Qur'an Prophet Musa (عليه السلام) can't handle great knowledge of Prophet Khidr (عليه السلام)

On 3/6/2019 at 8:27 AM, Guest Spiritual Muslim said:

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) says: "Anything which you have listened but not seen, there is strong proof that it can be a lie"....and He says: "What you see, is actually the truth". If you have experienced quantum jumping yourself and you can teach me as to how can I do that without resorting to drugs and heroine, I could really make a further comment.

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

Before you get into that, how do we substantiate the claims of those that say they've done it? How can it be proven that their claims are true.

It is intriguing, especially taking into consideration God's knowledge of everything (which includes all possibilities obviously).

• Advanced Member
On 3/6/2019 at 5:03 AM, Abu Nur said:

What is a multiple realities? There is only one reality.

But isn't the Hereafter another "reality"? The Barzakh, The jannah for our martyrs? Aren't those some kind of different "realities"?
or maybe I don't have the correct term and another word should be used instead of "reality"? 

Edited by Berber-Shia
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Berber-Shia said:

But isn't the Hereafter another "reality"? The Barzakh, The jannah for our martyrs? Aren't those some kind of different "realities"?
or maybe I don't have the correct term and another word should be used instead of "reality"? 

They are not realities, they all exist because the one Reality make them exist or be.

Edited by Abu Nur
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 9/1/2020 at 9:25 PM, Abu Nur said:

They are not realities, they all exist because the one Reality make them exist or be.

I think you're confusing the word 'reality' with the word 'existence'. --> All existences exist because of the one True Existence. But within our existence exists reality. idk

• Advanced Member
On 6/8/2019 at 12:28 AM, Flying_Eagle said:

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) says: "Anything which you have listened but not seen, there is strong proof that it can be a lie"....and He says: "What you see, is actually the truth". If you have experienced quantum jumping yourself and you can teach me as to how can I do that without resorting to drugs and heroine, I could really make a further comment.

I raise the very same question about claims made about tayul arz... or any of the kiramat narrated about urafa, sufis, gurus etc...

Guest A confused person.

Hello people, I had read all the replies of this topic but I simply don't understand the fact is quantum jumping/shifting (sorry if I misspelled it.) Haram or Halal? I want to try it as it sounds interesting so I may ask just to reply with me with a yes or no. And if no I may ask you to tell me your reasons.

Guest lyna
On 8/31/2020 at 6:38 AM, Guest Muslim said:

Wait so is quantum jumping or reality shifting HARAM OR HALAL, is it incorrect to believe it and or perform it ? 

Righttt i wanna know this since im interested in trying it but im not sure if its haram in islam

Guest Anything
On 8/31/2020 at 1:38 AM, Guest Muslim said:

Wait so is quantum jumping or reality shifting HARAM OR HALAL, is it incorrect to believe it and or perform it ? 

If u got the answer plz tell me too.