Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

On 4/6/2019 at 3:53 AM, Revert1963 said:

Yes I hope that is the case inshallah, but the semantics of the word "unpardonable" makes it confusing.  So I decided to read up on it and it appears from al-Nisā verse 48 that Shirk is indeed "unpardonable."  In al-Nisā vers 48 it does not say in clear text that there is an exception for those who "surrender themselves to Allah and die as a Muslim." At best this will have to be an implied meaning. Āl Imrān verse 31 does clearly say that our sins are forgiven on conversion, so I guess that the implied meaning is assumed in al-Nisā verse 48 in order not to contradict Āl Imrān verse 31.

al-Nisā verse 48:
Indeed Allah does not forgive that any partner should be ascribed to Him, but He forgives anything besides that to whomever He wishes. And whoever ascribes partners to Allah has indeed fabricated [a lie] in great sinfulness.

Āl Imrān verse 31:
Say, ‘If you love Allah, then follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins, and Allah is all-forgiving, all-merciful.’

Salam,

Everything is calculated based life span of the person and the condition at the moment of death.

Real Shirk must be

1.  Done knowingly,

2.  After Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has given His hujjah (reminder) to the person.

A person turns into full blown Syaitans when he voluntarily performs Shirk in the presence of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) or His true Representatives.  And clear reminders have been given.

Iblis turns into Syaitan because he felt into Real Shirk.

Real Shirk is  unpardonable.

In ourselves, there are in constant fighting between Light and Darkness...Tawheed vs Shirk.

We should strive and narrow the direction of our souls toward Tawheed before we die.

We need guidance or Rope of Allah (Ahlul Bayt) .... to tight our Souls to Qur'an (and not fall apart) toward the direction of Tawheed...Allah is One.

Edited by layman

On 4/10/2019 at 1:47 AM, layman said:

Real Shirk is  unpardonable.

Forgive me for asking but how is "Real Shirk" different from "Shirk" and how does it relate to the "Major Shirk" and the "Minor Shirk"? Doesn't al-Nisā verse 48 say that all Shirk is  unpardonable?
I am still wondering if the implied meaning is assumed in al-Nisā verse 48 in order not to contradict Āl Imrān verse 31 or if it should be assumed in Āl Imrān verse 31 in order not to contradict al-Nisā verse 48. Something like: "Say, ‘If you love Allah, then follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins [except Shirk], and Allah is [otherwise] all-forgiving, all-merciful .’"?

Shirk is a major sin that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will not forgive. There must be conditions where Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will not forgive.

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) sent so many Prophets and Messengers to invite humans toward Tawheed (opposite to Shirk). So that we follow the Messengers and love Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Shirk must not bet part of a person if he to love Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

If Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) does not forgive, then humans will not see the Light.  Unless a person insisted in rebellion against Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) (taaghut) after the truth has been presented, he will not be pardoned.

Edited by layman