Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

salam,

"... Shirk is another serious disease of the soul, and is a branch of ignorance. it lies in believing that other forces besides Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) have a role in directing the affairs of the world...." (collector of felicities, Muhammad Mahdi ibn abi Dharr al Naraqi, pg35)

so lady Zaynab(sa) had a better understanding of issues hence she saw beauty.

on the other hand, 

3:14

Fair in the eyes of men is the love of things they covet: Women and sons; Heaped-up hoards of gold and silver; horses branded (for blood and excellence); and (wealth of) cattle and well-tilled land. Such are the possessions of this world's life; but in nearness to Allah is the best of the goals (To return to).

ws

When one obeys other than Allah and disobeys Him, one falls into the shirk (polytheism) through obedience.

Allah the Most High said: “And most of them do not believe in Allah without associating others (with Him).”(12:106) [It means that, they, in spite of their religious faith, obey Satan].

He also said: “And they have taken gods besides Allah that they should be to them a source of strength. By no means! They shall soon deny their worshipping them, and they shall be adversaries to them.”(19:81-82)

He also said: “They have taken their doctors of law and their monks for lords besides Allah.”(9:31)

He also said: “Have you seen him who takes his low desires for his God?”(25:43)

He also said: “Say: ‘O followers of the Book, come to an equitable proposition between us and you that we shall not serve any but Allah and (that) we shall not associate aught with Him, and (that) some of us shall not take others for lords besides Allah;’ but if they turn back, then say: Bear witness that we are Muslims.”

He also said: “Did I not charge you, O children of Adam, that you should not serve Satan? Surely he is your open enemy. And that you should serve Me; this is the right way.”

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (S) said: “No obedience to any creature is allowed when it is a disobedience to the Creator.”

Concerning “And most of them do not believe in Allah without associating (with Him),”2 Imam Muhammad al-Baqir ((عليه السلام).) said: “It implies attributing partners in obedience, and not in worship. The sins that people commit are of this category; in this case they obey Satan and make him a partner with Allah in obedience.”

Concerning this Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) said: “It is attributing partners in obedience and not in worship. A man obeys Satan without knowing that; so he becomes a mushrik (polytheist).”

https://www.al-Islam.org/living-right-way-ayatullah-Jawad-tehraani/avoiding-hidden-shirk-polytheism

Concerning “And they have taken gods besides Allah, that they should be to them a source of strength. By no means! They shall soon deny their worshipping them, and they shall be adversaries to them,”3 Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) said: “The word ‘Worship’ here does not mean bowing and prostrating for prayer; rather, it is obedience to men. Anyone who obeys a creature and disobeys the Creator actually ‘worships’ him.”

In his epistle to the caliph al-Ma’mun, Imam ‘Ali al-Rida ((عليه السلام).) wrote: “To do good to the parents is a religious duty, even if they are disbelievers. But when it is a cause for the disobedience of Allah neither they nor other people should be obeyed. Because no obedience to any creature is allowed when it is a disobedience to the Creator.”

On 3/4/2019 at 12:06 PM, Mzwakhe said:

it lies in believing that other forces besides Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) have a role in directing the affairs of the world...."

Shirk is confusing. when a creature devises a plot or cast a spell upon someone & it so happens to be fulfilled, then that affair is attributed to that creature. limited understanding I have. here is another confusion...   showing off???

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (S) was asked: ‘How could one obtain the salvation of the Day of Judgement?’ He (S) answered: “Salvation is that you should not try to deceive Allah; lest He should return your deception to you; for anyone who tries to cheat Allah, will he cheated by Him and He will take the faith away from him. In this case man deceives his own self, and he does not know.”

He (S) was asked again: ‘How does a man try to deceive Allah?’ He (S) answered: “A person performs what Allah has ordered him, but he is concerned about other than Him”.

“Fear Allah in showing off; because it is a kind of shirk (polytheism). On the Day of Judgement he who shows off will be called with four names: O wicked, O disbeliever, O deceitful, O loser, your work came to nothing and your reward was lost. No salvation awaits you. Go and ask the one for whom you have worked for salvation.”

He (S) was asked for the interpretation of “Whoever hopes to meet his Lord, he should do good deeds, and not join any one in the service of his Lord.”1 He (S) said: “Any one who prays to show off is a mushrik; any one who gives alms to show off is a mushrik; any one who fasts to show off is a mushrik; any one who sets out for Hajj (pilgrimage) for showing off is a mushrik; any one who performs any duty which Allah has commanded for showing off is a mushrik; and Allah will never accept the work of him who shows off.”

https://www.al-Islam.org/living-right-way-ayatullah-Jawad-tehraani/avoiding-hidden-shirk-polytheism

how do one find privacy & not show off when we have things watching us

(Surah Al-‘A’raf,

27. "O' children of Adam! Let not Satan seduce you as he expelled your parents from the Garden, stripping them both of their clothing that he might expose unto them their shameful parts. Surely he sees you, he and his Tribe, from where you do not see them. We have made the Satans the friends of those who do not believe.")

these things don't have choices or rather they choose to be on your existence like the importance of breathing exercise, so how does one avoid show off when things filled with envy upon the lay obey six toed creature & constantly watch? argh well, Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows best whether we show off or not. 

On 3/17/2019 at 5:57 PM, Shams of tabriz said:

the original sin

salam,

& what is the original sin? kibr or defiance or...?

how is it associated to shirk?

ws

Shirk is.......... the original sin.(reason of creation)
Shirk is............ to be removed (purpose of life)
Shirk is.......... the only sin.
Shirk is.......... the reason of all other sins
Shirk is........... unpardonable 
Shirk is............ hidden

وَمَا يُؤْمِنُ أَكْثَرُهُمْ بِاللَّهِ إِلَّا وَهُمْ مُشْرِكُونَ

And most of them do not believe in Allah without associating others (with Him).
Surah Yusuf (12:106)

لَٰكِنَّا هُوَ اللَّهُ رَبِّي وَلَا أُشْرِكُ بِرَبِّي أَحَدًا

But as for me, He, Allah, is my Lord, and I do not associate anyone with my Lord.
Surah Al-Kahf (18:38)

On 3/26/2019 at 8:59 PM, Shams of tabriz said:

And most of them do not believe in Allah without associating others (with Him).
Surah Yusuf (12:106)

But as for me, He, Allah, is my Lord, and I do not associate anyone with my Lord.
Surah Al-Kahf (18:38)

alhamdulillah.

Shirk is.......... the original sin.(reason of creation)

I think you need to go deeper

Edited by Mzwakhe

Shirk is............ hidden

through proper manner, there's mercy & pardon. it being hidden is the most dangerous trial imo

On 3/26/2019 at 5:15 PM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

minor

it matters not whether it is minor or major

On 3/26/2019 at 5:15 PM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

form of shirk

so long as one gets to be aware of it there & then or later on & repent before opportunity to do so ends.

here is shirk below taken from a song...
Shine
Shine, shine like a star   ( who is suppose to shine ?)
Dreams take me far, far away
You, the brightest of all (whose you)
Show me the way I hear you call ( asking for guidance from...)
So close to me, I feel it
You are present in this room today
No one else can see you
But you shine
All, all through my life
You'll be my only guiding light
So show me the way
I'm weak and I feel I've gone astray

You are close to me, I feel it
You are present in this room today
No one else can see you
But you shine
Shine, shine, shine
Shine, shine like a star

we sing these songs ignorantly, unaware of hidden worship.
Dreams take

On 3/26/2019 at 7:59 PM, Shams of tabriz said:

Shirk is.......... the original sin.

Do you mean that believing in the concept of "original sin" is Polytheism?

This was the Christian theology of Paul.

Does this mean that Hindus shouldn't bother converting to Islam, because their Polytheism will never be forgiven and they will be thrown into hell fire regardless?

20 hours ago, Revert1963 said:
On 3/27/2019 at 12:29 AM, Shams of tabriz said:

Shirk is.......... the original sin.

Do you mean that believing in the concept of "original sin" is Polytheism?

No.

This was the Christian theology of Paul.

Thank you for the information.

Shirk Is........... unpardonable

Does this mean that Hindus shouldn't bother converting to Islam, because their Polytheism will never be forgiven and they will be thrown into hell fire regardless?

It is written in Qur'an that "Shirk is unpardonable sin" .

It is a warning to those people who are practicing polytheism. so they take heed of the warning and surrender themselves to Allah and die as a Muslim.

2 hours ago, Shams of tabriz said:

23 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

Shirk Is........... unpardonable

It is written in Qur'an that "Shirk is unpardonable sin" .

It is a warning to those people who are practicing polytheism. so they take heed of the warning and surrender themselves to Allah and die as a Muslim.

Forgive me for nitpicking here, but to my limited logic it sounds like that if "Shirk is unpardonable" then "surrendering oneself to Allah and dying as a Muslim" will not pardon the Shirk that person has all ready done. The word "unpardonable," I think, means something that can not be pardoned under any circumstances. Not even by surrendering to Allah and becoming a Muslim.

1 hour ago, Revert1963 said:

Forgive me for nitpicking here, but to my limited logic it sounds like that if "Shirk is unpardonable" then "surrendering oneself to Allah and dying as a Muslim" will not pardon the Shirk that person has all ready done. The word "unpardonable," I think, means something that can not be pardoned under any circumstances. Not even by surrendering to Allah and becoming a Muslim.

It means if you die as a mushrik, you won’t be forgiven, where if you are a mushrik in this world and convert to Islam, as long as you convert before you die you will be forgiven.

Just now, Hassan- said:

It means if you die as a mushrik, you won’t be forgiven, where if you are a mushrik in this world and convert to Islam, as long as you convert before you die you will be forgiven. 

Yes I hope that is the case inshallah, but the semantics of the word "unpardonable" makes it confusing.  So I decided to read up on it and it appears from al-Nisā verse 48 that Shirk is indeed "unpardonable."  In al-Nisā vers 48 it does not say in clear text that there is an exception for those who "surrender themselves to Allah and die as a Muslim." At best this will have to be an implied meaning. Āl Imrān verse 31 does clearly say that our sins are forgiven on conversion, so I guess that the implied meaning is assumed in al-Nisā verse 48 in order not to contradict Āl Imrān verse 31.

al-Nisā verse 48:
Indeed Allah does not forgive that any partner should be ascribed to Him, but He forgives anything besides that to whomever He wishes. And whoever ascribes partners to Allah has indeed fabricated [a lie] in great sinfulness.

Āl Imrān verse 31:
Say, ‘If you love Allah, then follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins, and Allah is all-forgiving, all-merciful.’

Sermon 7: They have made Satan the master of their affairs...

They have made Satan the master of their affairs, and he has taken them as partners. He has laid eggs and hatched them in their bosoms. He creeps and crawls in their laps. He sees through their eyes, and speaks with their tongues. In this way he has led them to sinfulness and adorned for them foul things like the action of one whom Satan has made partner in his domain and speaks untruth through his tongue.

The desire for Allah (only), for His grace (only), and His ibadah (only), is the only legitimate desire for the purified ego (Nafs-e-mutmainah) any desire apart from this is Shirk. 
To commune with Allah, to maintain that communion, and to become one with Him, becoming the instrument of His will, completely surrendered to His Love—that is the only desire of the purified ego. That ego, which has been transformed into the servant of Allah, is no longer an obstacle to become one with Allah, but is rather a means toward the realization of Allah. You see, even though we may realize that the ego is false, that it is merely a mirage, still that is only an intellectual realization. The ego still remains. The sense of Shirk (selfhood) which identifies with the body and the mind and one’s individual circumstances is still very much alive.  
The Shirk is not gotten rid of so easily.