Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
wolverine

#60 My Birthdays Are...

Rate this topic

Poll #60  

65 members have voted

1. 1. My birthdays are usually...

• Exciting
    • Uneventful

There was this one time I watched a rocket launch to the moon on my birthday, and I vaguely remember having a "party" with a few friends once when I was in university. (We ate pizza, cake, and ice cream, while watching an action movie rental.) But other than those two times, it has always been just another day. 

^^^

:party:

Will you remove a warning from my log, on my birthday?  :birthday:  Wait that's selfish, how about we pick a different member and ask for their warning to be removed?

Why in the guest forums, were the arrows on the left side, the grading scale +1 -1 disappeared?   Why remove it and then keep the reactions?  I actually like the grading scale better than the reactions.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

11 hours ago, Reza said:

Wow, this is pretty depressing...what's up with everyone?

Yeah some people need life and energy.

Life is not only about lying down with your feet on the couch, while having chai, and also watching politics.

Like surely you can be slightly more creative and have fun. Like go jump on a trampoline or something, if it's your birthday.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

9 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Yeah some people need life and energy.

Life is not only about lying down with your feet on the couch, while having chai, and also watching politics.

Like surely you can be slightly more creative and have fun. Like go jump on a trampoline or something, if it's your birthday.

Maybe we are having fun every day, and the birthday is just another fun awesome day. 

I hate birthdays. For adults, it's a reminder of all goals they haven't achieved and one year less in life. My family and friends, they treat you like crap 364 days and suddenly on your birthday, start giving you special treatment. They do realize their behavior is bad and they try to feel better by giving you gifts and special treatment on one day. It's so annoying, like how do you expect me to forget the other 364 days?

My sister just arranged a big birthday party for my 6 year old neice and dealing with thr stress of birthday party, she was yelling at her and beating her. A 6 year old can forget all the abuse due to a birthday party and gifts. You cannot expect adults to forget so easily. My parents never arranged big birthday parties for me and looking at my neice, I feel very grateful for that. Really! Because how all my enemies try to become nice on my birthdays, they have become painful for me. 

Edited by rkazmi33

Every year since my ninth birthday onwards my mother gifted me gold jewellery for my birthday. This was actually a gift for herself as she wore all this jewellery until I got married. No joke! My fathers presents were always more thoughtful. 

I honestly have no desire for presents anymore as by the grace of Allah I have everything I need. I appreciate and value the hand written cards and messages that I receive. A pleasant day out with the family and a good hearty meal together is all my heart desires. 

On 3/1/2019 at 10:32 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

My birthday always comes during exam time. I mean how do I celebrate it lol.

Lol same, everyone forgets mine because of those cursed exams. I love surprises but I've only been surprised once on my birthday lol.

55 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

Lol same, everyone forgets mine because of those cursed exams. I love surprises but I've only been surprised once on my birthday lol.

Lol yeah once during exams my friends surprised me. I was told to come to the cafe and they just said "surpriseeèee!!!!" 

Yeah but most people forget my birthday now because of exams. Glad you can relate.

Despite me not celebrating and not thinking too much of it if nobody wishes me 

in truth it does leave me with a slight bitter feeling or maybe it’s a bittersweet feeling? In any case I want to forget but it still remains and I don’t forget.

I really wish I wouldn’t do that. Huh just means I have room for more maturity and submission

Edited by Ralvi