Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Alisha

Mutah - married Muslim man & non-Muslim woman

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Guest Alisha

Salaam Alaykum,

My question is: 

Can a married Shia man do mutah with a white woman?

Background:

Couple: The wife does everything for him to make him have a peaceful and stress free life. He doesnt help her with the housework and the wife also works to bring in the extra money and support the husband in the running of the house. She satisfies him whenever he desires.

White Woman: Is not a practicing Christian. She has slept around with different men in her life. Consumes alcohol and pork. Does not follow the Bible or its teachings.

Does Islam still allow mutah in this case? What if the husband lies and swears he hasnt done mutah while he has in secret?

Thank you.

Edited by Haji 2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Race does not come into it. If he is married to a Muslim woman he cannot do mutah with a non-Muslim. Up to this point, I am pretty certain of the rulings e.g. Ayat. Sistani (the issue has come up numerous times on these forums).

As far as I know, if he had done mutah with a Muslim woman he would not be under any obligation to tell his wife. But I am not 100% sure about this - it's less well discussed.

Edited by Haji 2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest Alisha said:

Is not a practicing Christian. She has slept around with different men in her life. Consumes alcohol and pork. Does not follow the Bible or its teachings.

The issue is she slept with other men(unless she was married to them), she has to repent in order for the marriage to be lawful. And she should try to give up pork and alcohol because when she’s sick the guy can’t serve her alcohol or pork. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Alisha said:

Salaam Alaykum,

My question is: 

Can a married Shia man do mutah with a white woman?

Background:

Couple: The wife does everything for him to make him have a peaceful and stress free life. He doesnt help her with the housework and the wife also works to bring in the extra money and support the husband in the running of the house. She satisfies him whenever he desires.

White Woman: Is not a practicing Christian. She has slept around with different men in her life. Consumes alcohol and pork. Does not follow the Bible or its teachings.

Does Islam still allow mutah in this case? What if the husband lies and swears he hasnt done mutah while he has in secret?

Thank you.

Fiqh and akhlaq are separate. While this may be allowed in fiqh, a man who does such a thing has absolutely no akhlaq and his wife is plagued with such a husband. Just because this behaviour is allowed in terms of fiqh doesn't mean it's the right decision. Please tell this man to wake up and appreciate his wife for the gem she is, otherwise he won't know her value till she's gone and realises she's worth so much more. A woman like that is worth a man who respects her and treats her like a queen. Not like a little doll he uses every now and then. 

Do men really have no conscience? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Alisha

@Hassan-, what about Sistani? We follow his taqleed.

Thank you everyone for your kind responses. This is what I had been thinking too and you all confirmed it. The other problem with this marriage is that his father is a so called 'maulana'. He told his son that its allowed to do mutah with a Christian woman since they are Ahle Kitab. Regardless of whether they follow the Bible or not. But I keep thinking to myself, how can you go near a woman who doesnt do ghusl and has haram food and drink? Later on in life, his imaan will deteriorate because of associating with these kind of people. Another thing his father tells him is that 'what she doesnt know wont kill her'. So he can lie to keep the peace - as he said that is allowed between couples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum 

I agree with brother @Panzerwaffe

This is another WOEman post.

It is not permissible for him to lie.  

No man in his right mind would ditch a God-fearing woman who provides his rights and even more and goes looking elsewhere to fulfill his lustful desires.

I can think of a few exceptions on the top of my head, long distance traveling, wife terminally ill, wife unavailable for long periods of time.

No matter how you want to attack the institution of mut3, it will not be abrogated by the likes of 3mar ibn al khattab.

The wife can face her husband and ask him what is going on point blank.  Why is he doing this monkey business?  And how his actions are effecting the family.  You must talk about it and go deep and dive in where is the problem.  Not texting, not assuming, not day dreaming, face to face where is this relationship heading and why is he sleeping around.  

 

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

Edited by Laayla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guest Alisha said:

@Hassan-, what about Sistani? We follow his taqleed.

Thank you everyone for your kind responses. This is what I had been thinking too and you all confirmed it. The other problem with this marriage is that his father is a so called 'maulana'. He told his son that its allowed to do mutah with a Christian woman since they are Ahle Kitab. Regardless of whether they follow the Bible or not. But I keep thinking to myself, how can you go near a woman who doesnt do ghusl and has haram food and drink? Later on in life, his imaan will deteriorate because of associating with these kind of people. Another thing his father tells him is that 'what she doesnt know wont kill her'. So he can lie to keep the peace - as he said that is allowed between couples.

According to Sayed Sistani, it is not permissible for a man that’s already married to a Muslim woman to perform mut’ah marriage with a non-Muslim woman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Ahlylbayt includes son of khattab in your definition?

If that's your definition of ahl al bayt, it's a free country. But don't stoop so low. May Allah guide you. Is the male ego really so fragile that a human can't point out halal from haram? Look what the world has come to. 

I pray Allah shows you the right way soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Ahlylbayt includes son of khattab in your definition?

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Sister [EDIT] has personal issues with me.  Truth is a bitter pill to swallow, so you will see her from time to time addressing me directly or indirectly, depending on her mood swings.   

I hope she doesn't add you to her list. loooooooooool

1 hour ago, Panzerwaffe said:

I feel like there is latent anti mutah agenda here 

That's definitely the whole point of this thread.  I'm glad you can see beyond the smoke screen, unfortunately sisters get emotional about it.  Sub7an'Allah.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Edited by Hameedeh
[EDIT]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

If that's your definition of ahl al bayt, it's a free country. But don't stoop so low. May Allah guide you. Is the male ego really so fragile that a human can't point out halal from haram? Look what the world has come to. 

I pray Allah shows you the right way soon enough.

My prayers too 

I feel like there is latent anti mutah agenda here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

Correction: anti 'be a horrible cheating egotistical man to your innocent wife '.

Again she could have simply said adultry is wrong and sinful no one disagrees 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...