Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Aflower

Buddha statue for decorative purposes?

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, Aflower said:

I would strongly suggest that you google images of Buddha ornaments. The one that I've been gifted is covered in mirrored mosaics and embellished with crystals so it definitely catches the eye. In any case, beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. 

( roll eyes ) sure 

They are idolatrous,  destroy them 

4 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrT7m1RspoFJF1LscWSgK

Mocking the sacred is not really a wise thing to do (even if done in ignorance), there are very bad consequences to this.  I could explain the symbolism of each feature on this “Laughing Buddha” statue.

Edited by eThErEaL

1 hour ago, eThErEaL said:

Mocking the sacred is not really a wise thing to do (even if done in ignorance), there are very bad consequences to this.  

And can you be so kind as to quote me where I mocked? I literally followed Op's suggestion by googling images of "Buddha ornaments", it is on the first page of results in fact. You can check yourself.

1 hour ago, eThErEaL said:

I could explain the symbolism of each feature on this “Laughing Buddha” statue.

tenor.gif

On 2/27/2019 at 5:46 AM, Aflower said:

Salam,

I have been gifted a beautiful Buddha statue that is approximately 30 cm tall in height. Would it be permissible for me to place this in my cloakroom for purely decorative purposes? Thanks. 

عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله: إن جبرئيل عليه السلام أتاني فقال: إنا معاشر الملائكة لا ندخل بيتا فيه كلب ولا تمثال

On the authority of Imam Sadiq, the Prophet, peace be upon him, said: Gabriel came to me and said: "We, angels, do not enter a room in which there is a dog or a statue. 

Based on this, I would say it is better not to keep it; or at least not to put in a room where you pray.