Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Miss Wonderful

I want to visit Iran! Give me the 411!

Iranians aka Persians I would love to visit Iran. Do I wear chador at the airport how does it work. What are the rules. What’s a good hotel to stay at. Is there a tour package available? I would like to go during ashura is that a good idea? How much money should I hve on me when I go there? Am I allowed to travel there by myself!!!!!??? Will Trump confiscate my citizen if I go loooooool! Y’all clue me in!!!!

Salam you don't have to wear Chador at entrance in airport you just must wear scarf to cover your hair with not very tight clothes , if you travel with American or British visa  you must travel with tour but there is tricks available on Internet that you can travel solo inside Iran & you can find information about places on forums , I highly recommend you the visiting Iran during Ashura specially in first 10 days of Muharram till Ashura , you must bring cash money with you that between 100 to 200 $ is recommended ,you can travel by yourself  , nobody can't predict Trump next arbitary action against the people who visits Iran but until now he didn't confiscate citizenship of anyone for visiting Iran until now but if you have other than visa than American visa it's better to travel with it to Iran.

6 hours ago, realizm said:

A good hotel in Iran is a funny question.

I've found hotels in Iran to be really, really good. I think it's because there seems to be something in the Iranian DNA about cleanliness. I stayed in the Viana in Isfahan in Dec 2017 and it was really cheap and excellent. Otherwise, in Mashhad I'm a bit OCD and always stay in the Attrak and the International hotel in Qom. 

In Dec 2017 we also stayed a night at the Ibis in Tehran airport, which is part of the international Accor chain and to be honest you pay (hugely) for the international name, but otherwise the locally managed ones are just as good.

15 hours ago, Miss Wonderful said:

Iranians aka Persians I would love to visit Iran. Do I wear chador at the airport how does it work. What are the rules. What’s a good hotel to stay at. Is there a tour package available? I would like to go during ashura is that a good idea? How much money should I hve on me when I go there? Am I allowed to travel there by myself!!!!!??? Will Trump confiscate my citizen if I go loooooool! Y’all clue me in!!!!

My detailed guide visiting Iran from the US: https://www.shiachat.com/forum/blogs/entry/219-10-days-in-Iran/

6 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

I've found hotels in Iran to be really, really good. I think it's because there seems to be something in the Iranian DNA about cleanliness. I stayed in the Viana in Isfahan in Dec 2017 and it was really cheap and excellent. Otherwise, in Mashhad I'm a bit OCD and always stay in the Attrak and the International hotel in Qom. 

In Dec 2017 we also stayed a night at the Ibis in Tehran airport, which is part of the international Accor chain and to be honest you pay (hugely) for the international name, but otherwise the locally managed ones are just as good.

:salam:

I had awesome experiences there too.

I found the question funny and vague, like in "what restaurant would you recommend in Japan" or "what cool spots to visit in Europe" ?

Edited by realizm

These videos for 2019 that more up to date about tips for traveling to Iran 

Iran stereotypes 2019 - Ep 216

Female traveling Iran 2019 - Q&A-Ep 217

Foreigener’s Thoughts about Iran 

Exploring Shiraz ! Iran 2019

Phone registration in Iran | TAPPERSIA

CIAIran interrogation-summery of 5 hours question 

7 things that went wrong Traveling Iran -Ep 222 

Iran mall top 5 biggest mall in world (greatest mall in Middle East)  ایران مال ، بزرگ‌ترین مرکز خرید خاورمیانه

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

This is Iran ? First impression of the mysterious country

Iran E visa rejected .. while en route to Tehran!

:bismillah:

:salam:

If you come to Qom, there are many English-speaking Western seminarians who can show you around. We also have English-language majalis during Muharram, if you choose to come during that time. 

Bandar Abbas city tour- Iran tour 2019 - ep 226

https://youtu.be/Ym5QS7u1omE

Kish Island tour -Iran 2019 -ep 225

https://youtu.be/FXgiqOW46xk

Qeshm island Iran tour2019 -ep 227

Crossing the road in Tehran twice | Iran

Traditional Iran food Tour & Traditional Iran Restaurants-Ep 229

Travel VLOG:Tehran 2018

https://youtu.be/-kvUVYA9zS0

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

20 Things to know before coming to Iran | Iran 2019

Iran Unseen (found remote mountain city) 

Don’t go to Iran !!!.. so dangerous;-)

My Apartment in Iran -vlog 3

OMG ! 100 Subs +Q&A-Vlog 4

On 2/26/2019 at 4:17 PM, Haji 2003 said:

A bit ocd ? Seriously throwing this as a  joke wow :dry:

Edited by Noor Taleb