Miss Wonderful

How many carats was your diamond ring?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Miss Wonderful said:

Women how many carats was your diamond ring?

Zero.I got married without any diamonds.

OMG!! Was my marriage valid?!?!?

:shock::shock::shock: 

Edited by starlight

I don’t mean to dampen the mood but many diamonds are mined using slave and child labor. Try looking for synthetic diamonds. Studies also show a positive correlation between having expensive rings/weddings and divorce. I’m not really interested in diamonds or gold and I would like a cheaper/unique ring just to signify that I’m married. 

Edited by Nevsevug
Spelled slave wrong

Get a halal snake lolly and use glue to wrap it into a ring. Or u can use tissue paper first roll it then use glue. 

If u want extra carrots first make carrot juice then soak the tissue paper then just rap into a ring.

hope this helps

I dislike diamonds because their mining causes much misery. I guess a lab diamond might be alright, but my preference would be for other, less tainted stones. 

I don't wear a diamond ring. 

My first husband gave me one, but I gave it back when we divorced. It was nice though - a family heirloom. I don't know how many carats, but it was tastefully small and pretty. 

12 hours ago, Miss Wonderful said:

Women how many carats was your diamond ring? Men how much did you spend on your wife ‘s ring and how many carats and not carrots lollll

Not going to comment on how many carats the ring was, but the wife liked it when she saw it so I guess it was good enough...:D

Also, its not the size of the stone or the size of the ring that matters. Its the meaning and realization of the bond it creates that truly matters. A ring with the smallest stone can be priceless in value to the wearer if its a sign of the happiness and joy that they have found with their soulmate, while the biggest and gaudiest ring will mean nothing if happiness and love is absent from the marriage. 

0.7 carats. It’s a solitaire. I love it :) because it was given to me by the person I love the most. 

Due to the high price of real diamonds (or refusing to have a real diamond mined by slave labor), some are opting for a lab created diamond (cz, cubic zirconia). I have heard that a 3/4 carat cz is a very believable size. A 1 carat cz is probably the popular size, but not believable if the husband could not possibly afford a real 1 carat diamond. 

8 hours ago, IbnSina said:

I have bought my wife rings and other jewelry but we did not exchange any rings when we got married, its not the sunnah of Rasulullah(S) nor his Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام).

How are you going to show to others you’re taken/married? 

11 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Due to the high price of real diamonds (or refusing to have a real diamond mined by slave labor), some are opting for a lab created diamond (cz, cubic zirconia). I have heard that a 3/4 carat cz is a very believable size. A 1 carat cz is probably the popular size, but not believable if the husband could not possibly afford a real 1 carat diamond. 

Salam also diamond market is under dominance of Jews that have strong ties with zionists & Israel so there can be possibility that with buying diamond from them we help Israel & Zionists undirectly

8 hours ago, IbnSina said:

I have bought my wife rings and other jewelry but we did not exchange any rings when we got married, its not the sunnah of Rasulullah(S) nor his Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام).

2 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

How are you going to show to others you’re taken/married? 

My wife wears hijab so people don’t approach her like that to begin with, nor does she work with men. Also she can just wear one of the other rings I have given her on that finger if she wants to.

Women don’t approach me for marriage on the streets, nor do I work with women, so I don’t have that "problem" in my life, unfortunately.

4 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Women don’t approach me for marriage on the streets, nor do I work with women, so I don’t have that "problem" in my life, unfortunately.

Justified :grin: