wolverine

#58 Speaking the Truth vs Good Manners?

Poll #58  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your line of thought?

• It's important to speak "truth" no matter the context or sensitivities involved, as speaking "truth" urgently and directly is best.
    • Maintaining harmony, good manners, and peace is more important, as the "truth" will reveal itself in more indirect means at a later time

8 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

So it is ok to have mistakes in a suggestion/answer?

Brother, it's difficult for people to accept the truth.  Look at the newest poll.  What is more important happiness or avoid getting hurt?

Same thing with truth, people can't handle the truth because a) doesn't bring them happiness b)to avoid getting hurt.  :)

Do you know some examples of when Rasoul Allah or Imams wouldn't respond to questions and would remain silent?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

1 minute ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

But why (if we can have questions without)?

You can pick a poll choice or not, but you're always welcome to discuss nuances in the topic. 

8 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

So it is ok to have mistakes in a suggestion/answer?

If you make a mistake unknowingly and someone points it out to you, that is how we learn. 

4 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

If you make a mistake unknowingly and someone points it out to you, that is how we learn. 

Salam it's a famous story that Imam Hasan (عليه السلام) & Imam hussain (عليه السلام) saw an old man that was doing his Wudu wrong , instead of rushing to him they went toward him & said we have a problem in wudu to see which one of us makes better wudu & we want that you to be our judge then they started doing wudu when old man saw their way of making wudu he said both of you did it in best way it was me that was making error in his wudu 

but unfortunately although that majority of Shias heard this story we still rush immediately to anyone that makes a mistake  with harsh attitude & try to fix error of people by brute force. 

Salam,

truth is better than false harmony.

ws

@notme, @HameedehThat is my opinion too, if it can be better why not?
 but if I understand brother @Reza correctly, he is suggesting another aspect/style/ .
That is the reason I asked more about this because I don't understand the idea and after that why we should pick that option in the polls. 

I think there should be a better balance, yes allowing some sense of extra "freedom" and perhaps creativity, but at the same time making sure that: truth is sought as much as possible, and openness to improvement

I have seen the same in a poll on another brotherly website where was asked about the possible consequence about some event. They gave 2 possible reasons, but I believe I could come up with at least one other valid and different option. In my opinion it is not just to post such because in reality there are more options while you are suggesting there are only 2.

And sometimes, as I suggested in this poll, the answers are actually not correct / with the correct "mindset" if you will.

I hope we reach a good conclusion because there seems to be a difference of opinion in something pretty important for the site I would say.