aaljibar

How to prevent major sexual urges

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, BowTie said:

How is the Qur'an and hadiths of Ahlul Bayt keep you from sexual desires?

these advices make people sin. Reminding me of advices of pastors and priests

What make you to perform prayer and fasting?  Or make wuduq even during cool winter time. The same drive that make you perform good deeds can be used to control your sexual desires until you find a legal ways to satisfy the sexual drives.

Real Muslims only eat halal foods and not just any type of food to satisfy the body need for energy. 

The inner drive to do good CAN overcome or control the negative drives in the self.  We don’t go against sexual drive, we must control it.  The same like eating.

Also, I didn't mention Qur'an and hatifhs of Ahlul Bayt...  I only mentioned Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt.  There is huge difference between both version.  The Prophet said hold on onto Qur'an and My Ahlul Bayt.

Human beings have internal strength that you "Mr. BowTie" need to understand.  

3 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Mutah is allowed in times like this but don’t think of it as a buffet either 

If the man is poor, not so good looking, has difficulty to have access for women who are ready for mutah...what to do?

Mutah is an option but not available to all.  

Muslims must use inner strength to control the self.  All humans have access to inner strength.  The inner strength that drive human to do goods, the same drive can be used to control the sexual drive.  If with the help of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)  the inner drive will be stronger. 

5 hours ago, AStruggler said:

But make sure that the intention of wudhu is qurbatanilallah is qurbatanilallah, not for the sake of cooling down.

Yes I meant wudu just before praying

4 hours ago, layman said:

Mutah is an option but not available to all.

Why not available to all?

4 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

Why not available to all?

Practically speaking, the scarcity of women that available for mutah and the ability of man to afford it.  Cars are available to all, but not everyone can afford it, let alone a very good car.  Every Muslim can perform Hajj, can everyone afford to perform it.

We are talking about practicality to perform mutah.

Options to control sexual drives must be practical and not just mutah.  Mutah is one option and not the only Option.

Self control and control of sexual drive must be through inner strength.  In today's world conditions where every person are exposed to sexual temptations through internet, tv, walking in the public, beaches, radio... you name it.  We are exposed to lots of temptation to sexual drive from the environment.  We need inner strength to move on.  Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) already gave that power in every humans.  Use it.

Surah 91(as shams)

7. “And by the soul and He Who perfected it,"
8,”Then inspired it to understand what is wrong and (what is) right for it,"
9. “Indeed he succeeds who purifies it,"
10. “And indeed he fails who corrupts it.”

36 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

The secret is to not obsess about it. Once you focus on 'how to control it', you'll make it more difficult for yourself. Instead find some new hobby and try to obsess over it, so your mind is somewhere else.

Just like to quit smoking...bad habits die hard.  Not easy but worth trying.

And again, use the inner strength that force the mind to focus on other useful activities.  Keep the mind busy.

How about total control of the mind?

43 minutes ago, layman said:

Practically speaking, the scarcity of women that available for mutah and the ability of man to afford it.  Cars are available to all, but not everyone can afford it, let alone a very good car.  Every Muslim can perform Hajj, can everyone afford to perform it.

We are talking about practicality to perform mutah.

Options to control sexual drives must be practical and not just mutah.

Yes  but it should also apply to women. A short supply of women for muta may also be because women may be doing haram acts and may not be aware of muta or choose not to do it deliberately because of being misguided but they have a duty to serve us men.

Edited by Murtaza1

44 minutes ago, Murtaza1 said:

Yes  but it should also apply to women. A short supply of women for muta may also be because women may be doing haram acts and may not be aware of muta or choose not to do it deliberately because of being misguided but they have a duty to serve us men.

Muta'h is a way to make a legal relationship between man and a woman, not just specifically focus on sexual relationship.

The ultimate intermediary  between the man and the woman in Mutah is to seek closeness to Allsh (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and to avoid sins. Then the Mutah will work.  Inner strength will not be affected.

The same situation for permanent marriage.  The intermediary of the marriage is Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), to seek closeness to Him (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).  Many marriages are for other purposes.  And these type of marriages lack inner blessings.

Not only men have sexual drive, women too. Many women are not aware of mutah.  When both party come into term with respect, understanding and be responsible, then mutah will work.

Women are not born to serve men, and men are born to take advantage of women.  Both have duty to serve Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and avoid sins (avoid illegal relationship). And sins degrade inner strength. 

9 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Ah just like Muslims do in the west 

"Fastest growing  religion "

Allah can get people to become Muslims without putting a burden on His people to pop out as much kids as possible , the Catholics man made their rules and made it burden for their people thus it resulted on making their people go astray and commit fornication. The Catholic faith itself is completely corrupt with man made rules and cherry picking. 

1 hour ago, layman said:

Many women are not aware of mutah.  When both party come into term with respect, understanding and be responsible, then mutah will work.

Women are not born to serve men,

I have come across many women who are aware of muta but choose not to practice it because of cultural fears. Also I do feel that women have an obligation to serve men. I have heard Sayed Muhammad al-Mousawi answer a question about muta when one woman said she felt forced to do muta, he said she should try not feel that way because its her duty to serve him, he needs her. Even I was a bit shocked by that answer. I respect women but I feel women should fulfil the needs of men, for me the answer lies in our innate feelings for the opposite sex and how it makes a man healthier and a better Muslim when his desires are fulfilled.

Edited by Murtaza1

2 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

I have come across many women who are aware of muta but choose not to practice it because of cultural fears. Also I do feel that women have an obligation to serve men. I have heard Sayed Muhammad al-Mousawi answer a question about muta when one woman said she felt forced to do muta, he said she should try not feel that way because its her duty to serve him, he needs her. Even I was a bit shocked by that answer. I respect women but I feel women should fulfil the needs of men, for me the answer lies in our innate feelings for the opposite sex and how it makes a man healthier and a better Muslim when his desires are fulfilled.

Yes, in most cases halal sex makes a man healthier and a better Muslim when his desires are fulfilled.

I think if the feeling between man and woman is mutual in Mutah, and the voluntary relationship (not force to fulfill the needs of men) in Mutah is based on respect, then both we be healthier, not only the man.

2 hours ago, King said:

Find a girl? There are billions of them around.

I know you are an expert about this.  But not all men at your stage.  You probably the King, majority are just ordinary people.  You see billions, for us just to find one is difficult. 

Edited by layman

3 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

Sorry but women(like men) have a duty to only actually really serve Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and the ahulbayt

No other life form is worthy of being served 

I would not tolerate somebody talking to my sister like that. Especially if he has this mentality before even marrying her 

6 hours ago, King said:

Find a girl? There are billions of them around.

That's fantasy talk brother. Not real world thing lol

Of course it is very easy to find a girl in Europe but not so easy to find halal girls because many are misguided about the correct halal opportunities of muta and go on the haram paths. 

However I sometimes joke about European girls because they are so easy to get, they sleep with anybody. Girls that are Romanians, Ukrainians, Slovanians and Albanians, all kinds of aliens lol

Although it is becoming common for European girls to embrace Islam these days. I know Romanian girls that have married Pakistani men and moved to Pakistan to live with them and adjust with their families. That's a big step. Funny thing is that Pakistani girls in Europe are running away from Pakistan while European girls are running towards it lol

It is much easier to get along with European girls. 

@Ralvi of course we only serve Allah subhana wa tala and the Ahlul Bayt (peace be upon them).

I was not reffering it to worhiping a deity but having empathy, love and compassion for the other person. 

There is nothing wrong with having intense feelings of love and deep effection for the opposite sex, in fact it is only natural and has physical, mental and spiritual blessings attached to it.

Maybe I used the wrong word by saying to 'serve' men. I was referring to women serving their duties towards men, not worshiping the creator of the universe.

Men also have duties towards women by giving them mahr, showing care and looking after them by providing them with necessary provisions and promoting true feelings of concern between them that prevent any kind of negative feelings of distress arising before they even arise, rather than anything to do with worshipping another person like a deity. 

Edited by Murtaza1