Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hadi5

Why non Muslim usually convert to Sunni Islam than Shia Islam

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

He is simply anti-azadari, anti-ghadeer celebrations, etc because a guy on the Internet "opened his eyes".

I see! Just another 'bid'ah' buster. Nowadays even Sunni's commemorate the Tragedy of Karbala so this pseudo-puritan attitude is kinda backward.

I am not a supporter of bloody rituals but these aren't the worst.

The worst of this all is that all their so-called well-intended arguments serve the agenda of those who hijacked Islam 1400 years ago by killing the Prophet's progeny (عليه السلام) and try to hide that by all means.

As a non-Shia I support the Ashura commemorations unconditionally.

Edited by Faruk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

He is simply anti-azadari, anti-ghadeer celebrations, etc because a guy on the Internet "opened his eyes".

Correction—I am against barbaric azadari rituals and against Imam centric celebrations that sideline Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and his Messenger (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ShiaMan14 that internet marjah is much more knowledgeable than you or your mob will ever be. You will never think critically to question what you were born into. You will simply take the convenient route of assuming you were born to the path of salvation. Get real. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) of Islam didn’t even have it that easy. Rest assured, you will always be an apologist (look up the definition) for your upbringing. So go continue to strip naked on the streets and raise the banner of Hussain (عليه السلام). I’m sure Hussain (عليه السلام) is proud to see you represent him that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Correction—I am against barbaric azadari rituals and against Imam centric celebrations that sideline Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and his Messenger (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).

I agree with you when it comes to bloody rituals but to commemorate the fact that a member of the Two Weighty things was massacred by someone who hijacked Islam 1400 years ago is not Imam-centered.  

It's all about the fundamentals of Islam and iman.

 

 

Edited by Faruk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Faruk said:

I agree with you when it comes to bloody rituals but to commemorate yhr fact that a member of the Two Weighty things was massacred barbarically by someone who hijacked Islam is not Imam-centered.  

It's all about Islam and iman.

 

 

I don’t think you know the full background. You are getting things twisted. If you are interested, feel free to message me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 786:) said:

I don’t think you know the full background. You are getting things twisted. If you are interested, feel free to message me.

I studied Ashura from multiple angles but basically both Sunni and Shia agree that Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) was on the Haqq.

The only remaining option is the twisted Najdi Wahhabi view which is in favor of Yazid.

It's no rocket science or hidden knowledge.

Was Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) on the Haqq or not is all I need to know.

 

 

 

Edited by Faruk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Faruk said:

I studied Ashura from multiple angles but basically both Sunni and Shia agree that Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) was on the Haqq.

The only remaining option is the twisted Najdi Wahhabi view which is in favor of Yazid.

It's no rocket science or hidden knowledge.

Was Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) on the Haqq or not is all I need to know.

 

 

 

Right, no one is arguing that. I believe you have gotten @ShiaMan14‘s propaganda of me twisted. If you want to ask me my views without his commentary, please feel free to message me. Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) was on haqq. There is no question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Right, no one is arguing that. I believe you have gotten @ShiaMan14‘s propaganda of me twisted. If you want to ask me my views without his commentary, please feel free to message me. Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) was on haqq. There is no question.

brother', I do not feel the need to mingle in inter-sectarian feuds. I hope you both will get along. There's already too much fussing and fighting between Muslims. 

I do however agree with you about the bloody rituals. Shia Islam can survive without it and remain perfectly fine.

Edited by Faruk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 786:) said:

Again, you clearly do not know what an apologist is. Stop making a fool of yourself. Or better yet just google it so you can add to your vocabulary.

Just for you, "a person who offers an argument in defense of something controversial. "

I don't think matam of any kind is controversial so I don't need to be an apologist for it.

Eventually, you will run out of excuses. 

Using your lingo, I am simply not a Shia Apologist. I am the most bashful Shia and defender of our religion, marajae and traditions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 786:) said:

Correction—I am against barbaric azadari rituals and against Imam centric celebrations that sideline Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and his Messenger (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).

Come on now, we can go back and you pretty much have a problem with all aspects of commemoration and celebrations.

6 hours ago, 786:) said:

@ShiaMan14 that internet marjah is much more knowledgeable than you or your mob will ever be. You will never think critically to question what you were born into. You will simply take the convenient route of assuming you were born to the path of salvation. Get real. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) of Islam didn’t even have it that easy. Rest assured, you will always be an apologist (look up the definition) for your upbringing. So go continue to strip naked on the streets and raise the banner of Hussain (عليه السلام). I’m sure Hussain (عليه السلام) is proud to see you represent him that way.

Most unabashed Shia right here!!!

I asked your Internet marja to join me here and he refused. Welcome anytime. You can be his mouthpiece and bring topics.

6 hours ago, 786:) said:

I don’t think you know the full background. You are getting things twisted. If you are interested, feel free to message me.

Or have a discussion in the open unless you have something to hide.

5 hours ago, Faruk said:

brother', I do not feel the need to mingle in inter-sectarian feuds. I hope you both will get along. There's already too much fussing and fighting between Muslims. 

I do however agree with you about the bloody rituals. Shia Islam can survive without it and remain perfectly fine.

I disagreement started because of his anti-marajae stance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

I disagreement started because of his anti-marajae stance.

Only marajah can criticize marajah, correct? We laymen should not do such.

by the logic, I have to become a president to critique Donald Trump.:grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunnism is simple and swift (not saying that its true necessarily) and its conclusions are obtained from straight forward premises. On the other hamd Shiasm is more of a twisted idea which plays around with your emotions to convince you (not saying that its necessarily false) and its conclusions are obtained from chaotic  non linear tangled  premises. Any simple minded person would go for Sunnism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 786:) said:

Only marajah can criticize marajah, correct? We laymen should not do such.

by the logic, I have to become a president to critique Donald Trump.:grin:

Wrong again.

Anyone can criticize A marja. Criticizing the institution of marajaet is the problem!!!

Using your (il)logic, criticizing Trump is okay. Criticizing POTUS as an institution is not okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Leibniz said:

Sunnism is simple and swift (not saying that its true necessarily) and its conclusions are obtained from straight forward premises. On the other hamd Shiasm is more of a twisted idea which plays around with your emotions to convince you (not saying that its necessarily false) and its conclusions are obtained from chaotic  non linear tangled  premises. Any simple minded person would go for Sunnism.

Are you saying stupid people follow sunnism?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Are you saying stupid people follow sunnism?

Call it whatever you like but most of the people are simple minded and their minds would stomach soup rather than some hard crackers. That's the human condition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve shared my views throughout several topics. Feel free to do some homework. I do not care to derail this thread. You can also message me. I have nothing to hide. I’ve made myself pretty clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leibniz said:

Call it whatever you like but most of the people are simple minded and their minds would stomach soup rather than some hard crackers. That's the human condition.

Who would have thought I would defend Sunnis.

I think their main problem is that they have been sold a lie and instructed not to question anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Who would have thought I would defend Sunnis.

I think their main problem is that they have been sold a lie and instructed not to question anything.

Yeah that's what you think 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the main topic.

I think most reverts see themselves as embracing "Islam", not "Sunni Islam" with an emphasis. Its natural to embrace majority opinion as the safer bet. If I was learning about what's the highest rated restaurant, or the beat medicine to use, or the ideal guidelines for bridge construction, I would likely go with the majority on these. Going to a minority view takes extra work and circumstance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that “Sunni Islam” is the easy thing to do, do you think they will be held accountable for this?

I mean it’s one thing that they are researching other faiths, but can you expect them to research intra-religion disputes?

wsalam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...