Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Natsu

Does marriage get inevitably boring?

Rate this topic

I’ve had this question on my mind for a while.had this discussion with my friend today and he said that the initial stage is fun but he feels like the rest will eventually get boring,Well we’re teenagers so we don’t anything about marriage and the real life out there.

I was about to go to Qom in 2011. But I ended up coming home and studying business here. It is a beautiful place. Thanks for the video.

I think you have to work on yourself and your partner to make the marriage exciting. Otherwise you will get bored. Haha, I have never been married though, so I don't really know.

Good question!

1 hour ago, Reza said:

You scared to ask older adults around you? What do other teens know?

Remembered in school and decided to have a discussion with my friend,couldn’t ask the teachers now could I?

9 minutes ago, King said:

Yes it gets boring, especially if you are a guy.  You should look for other qualities in a woman beyond how exciting she initially appears, it will all wear off.

Definitely,I always try to look at the personality first as the looks will fade away over time

It’s depends who u marry, if you like her personality and do stuff together then marriage won’t be boring, if there’s kids involved yeah it would be boring and it would be hard for u to make it fun and enjoyable. Ask couples that have kids since they face really hard challenges, couples that have no kids have it easy. 

7 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

if there’s kids involved yeah it would be boring and it would be hard for u to make it fun and enjoyable. Ask couples that have kids since they face really hard challenges, 

I've got kids and there's never a dull moment at my house! Each day consists of a steady stream of comic and tragic moments. But if only one parent is raising the kids, the other would likely be bored. 

There's no such thing as boring, it's only when you accept it and do nothing about it.

If you feel your marriage life will be boring, spice it up by going sky diving, running around the house, playing hide and seek, pillow fight etc.

On 2/3/2019 at 2:35 PM, King said:

Yes it gets boring, especially if you are a guy.  You should look for other qualities in a woman beyond how exciting she initially appears, it will all wear off.

Even if you eat seekh kababs, haleem and nihari every day it will get boring and you will crave mac n cheese , biryani etc etc 

Physical attraction wears off even if it was very intense in the beginning but friendship and mutual respect  should grow with time 

That's why we have option for multiple marriages but its not very practical today in the west 

Edited by Panzerwaffe

On 2/3/2019 at 2:18 PM, notme said:

Does friendship inevitably get boring? Build a marriage based on friendship and you'll even enjoy being bored together. 

One needs variation in friends too 

Try hanging out with your bestie every day and living forever with them all kinds of issues will creep up

4 hours ago, Natsu said:

Want to make my first the last

Why brother ? Due to financial issues ?

don’t worry , lots of women will be willing to marry even if you are poor 

1 be a good believer 

2 be a gentleman

3 help with household chores 

4 work hard and INshallah He will provide the means 

Do not stay with a ungrateful woman though 

12 hours ago, notme said:

I've got kids and there's never a dull moment at my house! Each day consists of a steady stream of comic and tragic moments. But if only one parent is raising the kids, the other would likely be bored. 

Well... then you know how to make ur marriage less boring not many people have a happy,fun marriage with kids, since kids are a big responsibility .

On 2/3/2019 at 4:03 PM, Natsu said:

I’ve had this question on my mind for a while.had this discussion with my friend today and he said that the initial stage is fun but he feels like the rest will eventually get boring,Well we’re teenagers so we don’t anything about marriage and the real life out there.

I think its about balance. People should plan how much time they will spend together, that way it won't get boring because being together 24 hours would bore anyone. That's just my opinion.

On 2/3/2019 at 4:03 PM, Natsu said:

On 2/3/2019 at 7:45 PM, Natsu said:

Definitely,I always try to look at the personality first as the looks will fade away over time

That's wise thinking well done. However age is just a number but looks do fade away for most people but some people still look very good later on in life. The truth is that beauty is in the eye of the behold

9 hours ago, Natsu said:

Want to make my first the last

Me too. May we all inshalah

19 hours ago, AStruggler said:

Well, you are allowed to do it four times right :grin:.

Don't forget when you run out of these four permanent marriage credits you still have unlimited muta bonuses too

I thought it was seven not four permanent marriages? 

The main reason why marriage gets boring is because a husband or a wife neglects to follow Islamic Aklaq with regards to their spouse. If they did follow this, then naturally they would develop a spiritual connection to their spouse. Once this connection is established and maintained, the marriage will never get boring. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) gave us the aklaq so that we would develop these connections and this is what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wants for us. Unfortunately, most people only consider fiqh with regards to marriage (and some don't even consider that) and ignore the aklaq and recommendations. So the result of that is that they have a very weak, surface level connection with their spouse. 

This doesn't just work for the spouse, but for others who are Muslim and mumin/a. If you follow aklaq with regards to that person, you will develop deeper, more spiritual based connections. These are the connections which actually satisfy the desire to connect and interact with others. It is like eating junk food vs eating whole and natural food. The junk food just contains sugar, fat, etc, things you need in order to survive but these things do not satisfy all the things your body is looking for from food. So even though you eat, and maybe fat, you are constantly hungry and desire more food. Whereas with healthy, natural food, you eat a certain amount, then you are satisfied and that food has profound and good effects and helps to keep your body healthy and strong. Following aklaq is like eating healthy and natural food, it has those same effects on your spirit, so that you are satisfied and happy with your social life. If you don't follow the aklaq, you might survive, but you will never be satisfied and you will always be hungry (in a spiritual sense).