Natsu

Does marriage get inevitably boring?

Rate this topic

I’ve had this question on my mind for a while.had this discussion with my friend today and he said that the initial stage is fun but he feels like the rest will eventually get boring,Well we’re teenagers so we don’t anything about marriage and the real life out there.

No, it doesn’t. 

But then again, it depends on whom you’re married to. If you’re married just for the sake of being married, and not to someone you really like and love, then marriage will likely be stressful. 

1 hour ago, Natsu said:

Well we’re teenagers so we don’t anything about marriage and the real life out there.

You scared to ask older adults around you? What do other teens know?

I was about to go to Qom in 2011. But I ended up coming home and studying business here. It is a beautiful place. Thanks for the video.

I think you have to work on yourself and your partner to make the marriage exciting. Otherwise you will get bored. Haha, I have never been married though, so I don't really know.

Good question!

1 hour ago, Reza said:

You scared to ask older adults around you? What do other teens know?

Remembered in school and decided to have a discussion with my friend,couldn’t ask the teachers now could I?

9 minutes ago, King said:

Yes it gets boring, especially if you are a guy.  You should look for other qualities in a woman beyond how exciting she initially appears, it will all wear off.

Definitely,I always try to look at the personality first as the looks will fade away over time

I don't think you will ever find anything in Dunya of which you do not get bored of eventually. Even if you do not get bored of it, it does not excite you since you have grown accustomed to it. That's the nature of dunya and that's the beauty of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), whose closeness always excites you.

It’s depends who u marry, if you like her personality and do stuff together then marriage won’t be boring, if there’s kids involved yeah it would be boring and it would be hard for u to make it fun and enjoyable. Ask couples that have kids since they face really hard challenges, couples that have no kids have it easy. 

7 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

if there’s kids involved yeah it would be boring and it would be hard for u to make it fun and enjoyable. Ask couples that have kids since they face really hard challenges, 

I've got kids and there's never a dull moment at my house! Each day consists of a steady stream of comic and tragic moments. But if only one parent is raising the kids, the other would likely be bored. 

There's no such thing as boring, it's only when you accept it and do nothing about it.

If you feel your marriage life will be boring, spice it up by going sky diving, running around the house, playing hide and seek, pillow fight etc.

23 hours ago, Natsu said:

I’ve had this question on my mind for a while.had this discussion with my friend today and he said that the initial stage is fun but he feels like the rest will eventually get boring,Well we’re teenagers so we don’t anything about marriage and the real life out there.

Nope, been married for 16 years this September and trust me it never gets boring. It evolves. You develop a bond with your spouse and become two halves of the same entity. Add in children, life, bills, etc...and everything evolves into something deeper.

In all honesty, the early stages of a marriage are really just a learning period. You learn not only about your spouse's personality but you learn about living a life as a member of a team. Its after that initial period that a marriage really gains value and you start to see the real meaning of having a partner.

Also, this is only something that you realize through time. You can't understand the meaning of what I'm talking about until you get to that point yourself.

On 2/3/2019 at 2:35 PM, King said:

Yes it gets boring, especially if you are a guy.  You should look for other qualities in a woman beyond how exciting she initially appears, it will all wear off.

Even if you eat seekh kababs, haleem and nihari every day it will get boring and you will crave mac n cheese , biryani etc etc 

Physical attraction wears off even if it was very intense in the beginning but friendship and mutual respect  should grow with time 

That's why we have option for multiple marriages but its not very practical today in the west 

Edited by Panzerwaffe

On 2/3/2019 at 2:18 PM, notme said:

Does friendship inevitably get boring? Build a marriage based on friendship and you'll even enjoy being bored together. 

One needs variation in friends too 

Try hanging out with your bestie every day and living forever with them all kinds of issues will creep up