Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Lab Rat

Cannot Access Chatroom

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

You can try to message a mod or someone similar if you don't get a satisfying answer.  

I made this thread hoping a mod would see it and could tell me what the issue is

7 hours ago, Lab Rat said:

I am unable to access the chatroom. When I click on the chat tab, it redirects me to this form with stuff like What display name do you want to use, Enter the password for this chat room.

Screenshot : https://imgur.com/A6SuLqA

This is weird. If you have crossed 25 post, you should be able to enter chatroom. Try logging in with a different browser or simply clear cache or just logo out and log in again. 

33 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

This is weird. If you have crossed 25 post, you should be able to enter chatroom. Try logging in with a different browser or simply clear cache or just logo out and log in again. 

Clearing the cache worked. Thank you. Just replying in case someone else encounters the same issue

If you have a problem to enter the chat room, please understand that new members cannot use the chat room. Only Advanced members with 25 posts in the forums will have access. 

If you are an Advanced or Veteran member and have trouble to chat, please clear your cache, close the browser, re-open and sign in again. 

If your problem is your browser, switch to another one. Some popular ones are Google Chrome, Safari, etc.

You might need to download Java, but if you have Java installed already, you might need to update to the newest version. 

One problem might be if you are using an Ad blocker it will block you from using the chat room. So turn off your Ad blocker while you are at ShiaChat.

7 hours ago, haideriam said:

Just came here to see if it was working and now can't seem to turn it off. The pinging sound is irritating.

If you're on the PC, there's a little cogwheel icon at the top right of the chat pane. Click on that, then untick 'Chat room sounds'.