Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jor

Mixed Bathing

Rate this topic

Guest Jor

are Muslims allowed to go to public baths and see each other naked ? are their different rules for same gender and opposite gender ?

"Public Baths"? What the hell does that even mean? Forgive me "guest", Im very ignorant of the term "public bath" because it doesnt exist in my geographical location. If you could further provide more insight into this "public bath" where apparently it would seem that being "naked" is normal. Im perplexed.

3 hours ago, Guest Jor said:

are Muslims allowed to go to public baths and see each other naked ? are their different rules for same gender and opposite gender ?

For the opposite gender it would definitely be haram so its a no no.

I used to work at a leisure centre that had a swimming pool and separate male and female changing rooms. Many strange men used to come that had a preference for the same gender.

What disturbed me most was some of them had children. In one particular case they let their 7 year old daughter use the male changing rooms. It was extremely distressing for the child but they had no remorse. What can we do if their whole nation is evil. You complain and they don't take it seriously. I don't think the mother would have approved if she knew though.

Anyway I also disagree with same gender swimming pools. At the leisure centre they also had women only swiming sessions. Many Muslim women also used it. The beutiful thing was that Jewish, Muslim and Christian women used it together. Although most Christians had their own private group sessions arranged by the church.

Naturally us men were not allow to go to that pool during the women's sessions. However some male workers took advantage and openly looked at them, whistled and cheared and nobody from the management raised an eyebrow. Its dispicable. 

Edited by Murtaza1

3 hours ago, Gabenowa said:

Public Baths"? What the hell does that even mean? Forgive me "guest", Im very ignorant of the term "public bath" because it doesnt exist in my geographical location

Which geographical locations are you in? Public baths can be found all over the world. 

https://theculturetrip.com/Europe/articles/the-worlds-10-most-incredible-baths

Oh swimming pools:sign_sorry:We don’t use "public baths" in South Africa. its swimming pool/s public or private. I didnt know that in certain locations people actually see each other naked at swimming pools. I thought they dressed up in swimming trunks and swimming stuff for women. I didnt know they skinny dipped. thats only done in private swimming pools usually when there are hot girls around and some champagne to get the ladies to loosen up a bit.

I visit hamams all the time if I'm travelling to Middle East or North Africa. Turkish ones are the best no doubt. But never seen nudity.

Though I recall suggesting a hamam in Morocco to one of my female cousins and her friend who were visiting and she told me that in the womens section at least, everything was off :/ 

I was like I can assure you it was NOT like that in the men section! :confused:

On 1/25/2019 at 12:05 AM, Murtaza1 said:

What disturbed me most was some of them had children. In one particular case they let their 7 year old daughter use the male changing rooms. It was extremely distressing for the child but they had no remorse. What can we do if their whole nation is evil. You complain and they don't take it seriously. I don't think the mother would have approved if she knew though.

I've seen this loads of times. At swimming pools here in Ireland the trend is towards having individual changing cubicles and open/mixed showers where nudity is not allowed and the visibility and openness discourages any inappropriate behavior. There are still more old fashioned ones where the changing areas are segregated and people get naked. It is not unusual to see a father and little daughter in there. I think little children think nothing of nudity in that kinda context (getting changed) and are not bothered by it at all unless they have been primed to be bothered by it. 

38 minutes ago, Klanky said:

I've seen this loads of times. At swimming pools here in Ireland the trend is towards having individual changing cubicles and open/mixed showers where nudity is not allowed and the visibility and openness discourages any inappropriate behavior. There are still more old fashioned ones where the changing areas are segregated and people get naked. It is not unusual to see a father and little daughter in there. I think little children think nothing of nudity in that kinda context (getting changed) and are not bothered by it at all unless they have been primed to be bothered by it. 

That's right. There's a notice allowing children of a certain age to use either of the adult male or female changing rooms as long as they are accompanied by an adult. The problem is even though it is pass pais membership we do not really know who these people are. Surely there are criminals and rapists and the mentally ill amongst them. The place was and still is despicable. I used to see men come into the cubicle and leave feaces and used condoms after sharing the cubicles with other men. I left that job. I realised these are the dwellers of the hell fire and that's where they shall remain forever. It also reminded me that hell will be very busy inded. 

Edited by Murtaza1

15 minutes ago, Murtaza1 said:

That's right. There's a notice allowing children of a certain age to use either of the adult male or female changing rooms as long as they are accompanied by an adult. The problem is even though it is pass pais membership we do not really know who these people are. Surely there are criminals and rapists and the mentally ill amongst them. The place was and still is despicable. I used to see men come into the cubicle and leave feaces and used condoms after sharing the cubicles with other men. I left that job. I realised these are the dwellers of the hell fire and that's where they shall remain forever. It also reminded me that hell will be very busy inded. 

That sounds like an exceptional "leisure centre"

As far as I know:

Mixed baths, where women and men go together are for sure not allowed to go to.

Same gender baths are allowed to go to but if the men or women are completely naked, you are not allowed to look at their privates and as far as I know. You should not display your privates to anyone except for your wife/husband as a Muslim to begin with.

I would personally not feel comfortable in a completely naked bath house.

On 1/25/2019 at 1:05 AM, Murtaza1 said:

Naturally us men were not allow to go to that pool during the women's sessions. However some male workers took advantage and openly looked at them, whistled and cheared and nobody from the management raised an eyebrow. Its dispicable. 

What do you mean? They sneaked into the closed women sessions and spied on them or something like that?

Just now, IbnSina said:

What do you mean? They sneaked into the closed women sessions and spied on them or something like that?

They were holding open a door which is not the main entrance area for the pool and is kept locked. They opened it and stood there holding it half open while whistling and cheering at the women. They had no business being there during women's sessions. The leisure centre uses female lifeguards to be present during female only sessions.

1 hour ago, Murtaza1 said:

They were holding open a door which is not the main entrance area for the pool and is kept locked. They opened it and stood there holding it half open while whistling and cheering at the women. They had no business being there during women's sessions. The leisure centre uses female lifeguards to be present during female only sessions.

Did you inform the Muslim women of this?

5 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Did you inform the Muslim women of this?

I didn't have to because I'm sure they knew what they were doing because they were so loud. Anyway to be honest I'm not sure if it were Muslim, Jewish or Christian women at that time. It happened in the summer last years so I can't remember that well. Although if it were Muslim women I'm sure they would have complained but the management team there is really terrible. It could have become a huge media issue because they have cameras linked to the local council but these culprits know this and do it away from the cameras