Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Islam ON THE EQUATOR

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

The trade winds that first blew Islam eastwards to the coasts of India and China appear to have completely bypassed the archipelago. The followers of the Prophet (عليه السلام) arrived late on the islands of Sumatra and Java and without any trace of sand on their sandals. The first Muslim tombs in Northern Sumatra only date back to the 13th century and there is no convincing evidence to suggest sizeable Muslim settlements before that time. The first Muslim migration to the region was from 9th century China. A peasant uprising in South China during the reign of T'ang Emperor Hi-Tsang (878-889) led to a pogrom of the dominant merchant-traders community in Khanfu (Canton) between 120,000 and 200,000 Muslims were massacred. Many survivors fled and reached the Malayan coast and some crossed the straits to the Islands.

Purist Muslims everywhere like to think of their ancestors as either being descended from or being converted by the purest of the pure: the Arabs, the 1st Muslims of the faith or atleast acknowledged Muslims of the faith because even though Ibrahim (عليه السلام) was supposedly the first Muslim fact is it is not acknowledged anywhere else except in the Holy Qu'ran but in a historical context no such exists.

The nine founding fathers (Wali) of missionary Islam in Indonesia were mostly Chinese. Later there were migrations from coastal Gujurat in Western India, a natural outcome of the Gujurati monopoly of the Moluccan spice trade, and from the Malabar coast. I've always noticed Indonesians have this strong Chinese resemblance as well as elements of Indian genes. Some of the descendants of Indonesian Muslims (mixed race, Coloured) in Cape Town tend to reflect this. Indian Muslims in South Africa are light, light like Persians while the dark Indians so dark they are blacker than black people are Hindus. The only dark Indian Muslims are those whose genes are mixed with black Africans. I've always found their women so beautiful but their all-black female Muslim attire scares me off. 

It would take Islam another three hundred years to win over the bulk of the population of Java and Sumatra. Islam inserted itself gently like Buddhism and Hinduism had done several centuries earlier. It was South Asian Sufi mystics and Muslim traders from the Cuomandel coast and Gujurat who began to win converts and as in the case of Kashmir, it was the conversion of a ruler that won over his subjects as well.

Islam's capacity to adjust its doctrinal beliefs to meet the needs of the indigenous population had been effective in China, Africa (?), Persia and South Asia. It is also the main explanation for its rapid spread throughout the islands of Indonesia. I was always curious how in the world this country is the largest Muslim country in the world by population, 190 million Muslims last count I ever saw. and its people do not resemble Arabs at all. Some Muslim Sultans of Java were often elevated to sainthood after their deaths and their tombs became an important site of worship for believers, without provoking clerical fury. This was as similar to the worship of Sufi Saints in the Punjab or Persia and apparently Anatolia. The reaction of "orthodox" believers was sometimes severe but their numbers were few and far from snuffling out the old traditions they were always in danger of drowning in them. Prior to the arrival of Buddhism and its successor Hinduism, the indigenous populations had (as in all ethnic native populations who have experienced mass deaths at the hands of the European) believed in a world controlled by spirits. According to native traditions these beings inhabited forests and rivers and seas and mountains. Their anger explained natural disasters. Goodwill could be bought through sacrifices and ill-will neutralised by wearing charms and amulets and investing shamans with magical powers. Superstitions became a part of everyday life like everywhere. Since it was widely believed that many spirits spoke through women they were assigned an important role in religious rituals and hence in the local power structure. 

This could also explain, weird as it may be,  the emergence of transvestite cults: men dressing as women for reasons political and cultural rather than sexual. That superstition and cultural way of life is way too weird to understand.

Buddhism and Hinduism had assimilated many of these superstitions and the Sufi variant of Islam continued to tolerate these practices. 

Sufi philosophy often explained Allah's permanent presence in nature and in everyday life of human beings. A collective worship was not essential. Each believer could discover Allah in his/her own special way. Ibn Arabi (1165-1240), one of the great mystical philosophers of Islam, developed the doctrine of the Unity of Being, a belief in the creator being visible in different aspects of nature and the human spirit and the possibility of a perfect man, in whom all the attributes of the divine being were present. The mysticism suited the Ottoman sultans at a time when they were busy in non-mystical activities such as militarily expanding their empire. Sultan Selim the 1st floated orthodoxy by ordering the rebuilding of Ibn Arabi's mausoleum in Damascus. Some of Ibn Arabi's followers took his argument to the extreme, arguing that real knowledge of Allah only became possible when men and women reached the pinnacle of ecstasy, which could be both sexual and non-physical. A version of this (where alcohol substituted for the joys of union) was preached in Western Sumatra by Hamza Fansuri in the 16th century: 

his radiance is a blazing glow In all of us 

It is He who is the cup and the arak (alcohol)

Do not look for him for away, child

This was both reassuring and helpful, as was the Sufi insistence on a teacher-disciple relationship within their different orders. The semi-worship of the holy teacher was appreciated in a culture which had already experienced centuries of Hindu and Buddhist dominance. Sufi philosophy was undoubtedly much simplified in the process of transmission, but the essence was preserved in the most noticeable aspect of this mysticism: 

it preached total independence from sectarian religious groups and all orthodox interpretations of the Holy Qu'ran. It despised RITUAL. 

many mystics argued that orthodox believers had to be hypocrites because they sealed off their faith from their own daily practices in the material world. A Sufi by contrast insisted that the creator only dwelt in the inner realm of spirit and thus sought to break with and shame the outer world of matter. he refused to accept an Allah who was only on the outside.

Sufi teachers often explained mystical ideas to native adherents in a language that deployed familiar points of reference. For the large majority of believers, apart from the discipline of new rituals, Islam simplified their existence. The spirits did not need to be placated by sacrifices or the worship of a whole network of gods and goddesses but through worship of Allah and his Prophet (عليه السلام). Many of the old superstitions refused to die. To this day in many coastal villages, fishermen offer a token sacrifice to the spirits of the sea before they embark on a journey. 

From Sumatra and Java, Islam leap-frogged to Borneo and other neighbouring islands. The Muslim navy of Macassar took Islam to the frontiers of civilisation, from which if they had pushed further..... they would have moved into Papau New Guinea and from there across to the north coasts of Australia. The white man from Europe through his Dutch East Indies Company prevented all of that and disrupted History as is their do and wont.

The belated arrival of Islam had affected how religion was perceived and practiced. The abangan believed in a relaxed, syncretic version, which accepts the Prophet (عليه السلام) and the Book but without abandoning the rituals, habits and traditions of previous centuries and other religions. 

The santri is more rigid in his beliefs, refusing to accept the demarcation line between divine truth and reason, between unquestioning obedience and intellectual tolerance. 

This same pattern is detected in other parts of the Islamic world. Every culture penetrated by Islam has produced similar divisions and from the earliest of times. In the Maghreb, West Africa and South Asia one can uncover local variants of "abangan" and "santri". In each case it is the versions of the "santri" who find it difficult to co-exist with fellow co-religionists and who argue incessantly on the interpretation of texts and laws.

Islam, in its original meaning and purpose, is a religion of 'peace'. Whether "Sunni" or "Shia" though Shia is the most peaceful based on evidence and Sunni is the version of Empire (war). In such parts of the world like Java and Sumatra this is where you find the most genuine practice of Islam because Islam is whatever it is to them the way they see, feel and practice it. All this literalist rubbish interpretations sectarian practice of Islam is not Islam. That's just politics usually by Arabs with a lot of oil money (petrodollars) to give their dogs around the world whether in Syria, Iraq, Pakistan or Afghanistan and elsewhere to fight their wars irrespective of the human cost. Islam is personal and whichever community (ummah) a person chooses to join is personal based on their specific spiritual needs. Some people like to practice it almost literally according to every word in the Holy Qu'ran which is fine as long as your beliefs doesnt mean you join or start an organisation that wants to blow up other human beings because they choose to practice it according to their specific spirtual needs. The Islam in Java and Sumatra is authentic because they are who they are. It doesnt matter who it is, those pathetic Arabs in Saudi Arabia or the Ayatollahs in Iran no one has the right to impose their Islam on others who practice their Islam they way they feel it. 

• Veteran Member

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

During the reign of Umar ibn al Khatib while he was busy conquering land and forming an empire, was Imam Ali participating in these wars?  Where was Imam Ali and what obligations was he fulfilling?  I'm very interested in this history.  

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, Gabenowa said:

The Islam in Java and Sumatra is authentic because they are who they are. It doesnt matter who it is, those pathetic Arabs in Saudi Arabia or the Ayatollahs in Iran no one has the right to impose their Islam on others who practice their Islam they way they feel it. 

Salam they don't have guide & mentors for centuries & they made their own version of Islam that highly inflluenced by their culture & traditions that is not acceptable by any school of taught in Islam if you have this idea of "they are who they are" so tribal people that still live as their far ancestors  in Amazon or Malaysia are more Muslim than anyone 

• Advanced Member

Alright I watched that video in that old post. Some cultures do take their deviations from orthodoxy way way to the extreme. In fact I doubt they even engage intellectually with Islam. I was just impressed with the Sufi influence on the Indonesian Muslims. Its far better than Wahhabism which envelopes people's minds from across the world. Rather people within their set islands and jungles practice their deviations because those deviations will never leave their little islands or jungles. But instill orthodoxy, Sunni orthodoxy is Wahhabism of some sort. In fact I can’t tell the difference between Wahhabism and Sunnism anymore because Saudi Arabia has instilled itself as the centre of Sunnism.  They become soldiers, anytime anywhere you are called to go fight in a JIhad and because you were trained in the severe orthodoxy of Sunnism you go fight. But these deviants, no one can get to them.

• Advanced Member
12 minutes ago, Gabenowa said:

I was just impressed with the Sufi influence on the Indonesian Muslims. Its far better than Wahhabism which envelopes people's minds from across the world. Rather people within their set islands and jungles practice their deviations because those deviations will never leave their little islands or jungles.

Sufis in deviation are worser than Wahhabists also representative of Suffism is Turkey & Chechnya not Indonesia because it's Islam tradition is based on their culture & rituals but it's diminishing everyday because of influence of wahhabist over them because they blind folly accept everything that propagates from KSA (former Hijaz) as truth also their young generations don't follow the way of their for fathers & wahhabists have high influence on them because they control everything that relates to Islam there beside that in eastern Asia Malaysia is a reference point for Muslims there that it bans any Shia Islam activity there & Shias are under oppression by Government & radical people in Malaysia but Wahhabists have good reputation there that because of that new Muslims converts from countries like as Japanese that convert to Islam because of their connection to Malaysia get everything about Islam from Wahhabists but they in Japan have a heavy mask of fake respecting & tolerating also Japanese secret service highly monitors every new Muslim there & Shia Islam in Japan is only for migrant workers or few number of well educated Japanese that studied for a period of time in Iran that they don't have any influence on new Sunni Muslim Japanese communities 

also if you watch "I pet goat ii" animation it shows that in Islamic part of it ,shows that they have plan to replace Suffism of Turkey instead of Wahhabism of KSA (former Hijaz) for their new world plan.

• Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Sufis in deviation are worser than Wahhabists also representative of Suffism is Turkey & Chechnya not Indonesia because it's Islam tradition is based on their culture & rituals but it's diminishing everyday because of influence of wahhabist over them because they blind folly accept everything that propagates from KSA (former Hijaz) as truth also their young generations don't follow the way of their for fathers & wahhabists have high influence on them because they control everything that relates to Islam there beside that in eastern Asia Malaysia is a reference point for Muslims there that it bans any Shia Islam activity there & Shias are under oppression by Government & radical people in Malaysia but Wahhabists have good reputation there that because of that new Muslims converts from countries like as Japanese that convert to Islam because of their connection to Malaysia get everything about Islam from Wahhabists but they in Japan have a heavy mask of fake respecting & tolerating also Japanese secret service highly monitors every new Muslim there & Shia Islam in Japan is only for migrant workers or few number of well educated Japanese that studied for a period of time in Iran that they don't have any influence on new Sunni Muslim Japanese communities 

also if you watch "I pet goat ii" animation it shows that in Islamic part of it ,shows that they have plan to replace Suffism of Turkey instead of Wahhabism of KSA (former Hijaz) for their new world plan.

I like Sufism because the day I understand it, I will be able to withdraw into myself without going crazy or having a psychological break down because South Africa is not a country where you can easily withdraw into yourself. Churches are social institutions and those who don’t like religion, tend to have social institutions of alcohol and the "good time". Both I have distanced myself from. Maybe brother it is the Sufi of Iran you don’t like, I don’t know how well travelled you are but I have never been out of Africa, much less South Africa. There are Sufi's in Cape Town, I forgot their Arabic term. I don’t know what order they follow but Im planning on researching them. Sufi philosophy seems like a philosophy of peace. Just pure peace being able to meditate and deal with the pressures of the capitalist world and escape materialism for a little while. I don’t know how much they deviate from even Shia orthodoxy but Sufi philosophy seems to be more in tune with Shia thought. The two don’t clash at all. Sufi philosophy doesnt have written texts and rituals and all of that. It seems its more for the individual than a group of people.

Its impossible to compete with the petro-dollars of Saudi Arabia. Iran doesnt have that much oil capacity compared with the oil in the Eastern Provinces of Saudi Arabia. Wahhabism will spread far and wide but more thinking people will revert. You can’t be Shia without an intellect. Its impossible. Its actually an education reality, the uneducated are easier to suck into Wahhabism while the educated can handle the volume of intellect required in Shia Islam.

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member
On 1/24/2019 at 9:22 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

Sufis in deviation are worser than Wahhabis

@Ashvazdanghe

While this is technically true, I think certain syncretistic practices, however unorthodox, impede the development of sectarianism and/or separatism, especially if deeply rooted in a particular culture, society, and/or civilisation. Far bloodier crimes have been committed in the name of “orthodoxy,” e.g., the actions of the Sunni caliphs and Wahhabi–Salafi regimes, to not mention the genocidal activities of the Vatican-ruled “Christian” West. The development of “orthodoxy” is often attenuated by the machinations of ruling elites who don the “orthodox” garb in order to centralise power. That is precisely how the original message of Prophet Jesus and his apostles was destroyed: by the “orthodox” Pauline Christians who seized control of the Roman Empire.

Power is extremely dangerous to religion. This aspect is but one area that troubles me about all institutional religion. As soon as religion becomes institutional, its essence is rapidly and irrevocably corrupted. Part of me wishes that Shia Islam were closer to Sufism than Wahhabism, or at least contained an internal counterbalance, because the Wahhabi–Salafi and other feudalist, Sunni regimes—like their counterparts throughout history—have rigidly imposed a certain religious ideology that is highly ritualistic but espouses political quietism, allowing the regimes to subordinate their economies to foreign interests so long as the native, “Muslim” sector of the population espouses the official religious ideology.

Saudi Arabia and AKP-ruled Turkey are both good examples of this, each in its own way(s). The “Muslim” masses receive “‘orthodox’ safe space” and the Westerners get their “cut”: economic, political, and military control of the nation.

For instance, the West had been a determined sponsor of the present Turkish regime of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and President Abdullah Gul. There have been massive arrests and disappearances of many top Kemalist (secular-nationalist – ed.) generals and intellectuals, including those who have been demanding that Turkey breaks up with the US political and military diktat, instead forging alliances in the east.

So here is the paradox that is hardly understood in the West, even amongst some well meaning and left leaning intellectuals: while promoting Islamic ideals, the present government is taking direct orders from the West, destroying anti-imperialist (albeit secularist and hence “godless” – ed.) intellectuals and the top military brass.

While banning exposed drinking establishments and encouraging women to cover up, the present government is helping to train the Israeli air force within Turkish territory, as well as arming and training the so called ‘Syrian opposition’, in specially designated camps.

Source

According to some “orthodox” Muslims, a pro-imperialist but highly religious “Muslim” regime is better than a “godless” secularist one that answers to the masses; a “Muslim”-ruled regime is better than an “infidel”-run one, even if the “Muslim”-run regime is hypocritical and favours the socio-economic elite. For example, many Muslims seemingly draw a distinction between human welfare and service rendered unto Allah. The state of the soul and one’s fate in the Hereafter takes precedence over human welfare; the development and sustenance of man is not an end in itself. People are viewed in a strictly utilitarian perspective that upholds existing classes, castes, and other forms of economic stratification. People are poor and/or unsuccessful because of their sins, for instance, and therefore the believers must forge a parallel, self-sufficient, sectarian society, within yet separate from the “sinful, ignorant” masses. The masses are urged to accept their state of bondage in this world, suppress their individual and collective free will, and seek liberation in the Hereafter: their sole and highest reward. One’s personal failings are viewed strictly as an individual rather than collective matter, per the Protestant/Wahhabi–Salafi ethic. No connection is drawn between sin and the overall structure, especially economic, of society.

For example, here is the perspective of a hardcore Wahhabi–Salafi mujahid who fought, with Western and Zionist support, against the Soviet-backed Afghan government:

His hatred for Communism knew no boundaries; it was epic. He dreamed, he ‘saw’ Communists everywhere, all over the world: in Syria, in the present-day Russia, even in Karzai’s and Ghani’s Afghanistan. Anything remotely secular, anything that was not a caliphate, was “Communist” in his simple but determined mind of a combatant. ...

“The goal was simple: in Afghanistan we wanted to prevent the Communist ideology from being accepted.”

I wondered whether they knew anything about the improving medical system, about the all of a sudden decent education, about public housing, transportation, and culture?

Almost everything done by the Communists was good (!), I know… But because they believed in Communism and socialism, it was not right, it was ‘haram’. Our pledge to God was what really mattered. In terms of importance, God was Number 1, and only then came the world of humans.

Source

The mujahid admits that the Soviet-backed government greatly improved the material wellbeing of the masses, but says that doing so is against Allah.

All that is still functioning in the country are structures and infrastructure built before and during the Soviet era, like irrigation ducts, canals and bread factories. ...

Soviets and Russians are now remembered with love and great nostalgia; something that I already described in my previous essays from the country.

Source

Edited by Northwest
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 11/23/2020 at 5:19 PM, Northwest said:

@Ashvazdanghe

While this is technically true, I think certain syncretistic practices, however unorthodox, impede the development of sectarianism and/or separatism, especially if deeply rooted in a particular culture, society, and/or civilisation. Far bloodier crimes have been committed in the name of “orthodoxy,” e.g., the actions of the Sunni caliphs and Wahhabi–Salafi regimes, to not mention the genocidal activities of the Vatican-ruled “Christian” West. The development of “orthodoxy” is often attenuated by the machinations of ruling elites who don the “orthodox” garb in order to centralise power. That is precisely how the original message of Prophet Jesus and his apostles was destroyed: by the “orthodox” Pauline Christians who seized control of the Roman Empire.

Power is extremely dangerous to religion. This aspect is but one area that troubles me about all institutional religion. As soon as religion becomes institutional, its essence is rapidly and irrevocably corrupted. Part of me wishes that Shia Islam were closer to Sufism than Wahhabism, or at least contained an internal counterbalance, because the Wahhabi–Salafi and other feudalist, Sunni regimes—like their counterparts throughout history—have rigidly imposed a certain religious ideology that is highly ritualistic but espouses political quietism, allowing the regimes to subordinate their economies to foreign interests so long as the native, “Muslim” sector of the population espouses the official religious ideology.

Saudi Arabia and AKP-ruled Turkey are both good examples of this, each in its own way(s). The “Muslim” masses receive “‘orthodox’ safe space” and the Westerners get their “cut”: economic, political, and military control of the nation.

Source

According to some “orthodox” Muslims, a pro-imperialist but highly religious “Muslim” regime is better than a “godless” secularist one that answers to the masses; a “Muslim”-ruled regime is better than an “infidel”-run one, even if the “Muslim”-run regime is hypocritical and favours the socio-economic elite. For example, many Muslims seemingly draw a distinction between human welfare and service rendered unto Allah. The state of the soul and one’s fate in the Hereafter takes precedence over human welfare; the development and sustenance of man is not an end in itself. People are viewed in a strictly utilitarian perspective that upholds existing classes, castes, and other forms of economic stratification. People are poor and/or unsuccessful because of their sins, for instance, and therefore the believers must forge a parallel, self-sufficient, sectarian society, within yet separate from the “sinful, ignorant” masses. The masses are urged to accept their state of bondage in this world, suppress their individual and collective free will, and seek liberation in the Hereafter: their sole and highest reward. One’s personal failings are viewed strictly as an individual rather than collective matter, per the Protestant/Wahhabi–Salafi ethic. No connection is drawn between sin and the overall structure, especially economic, of society.

For example, here is the perspective of a hardcore Wahhabi–Salafi mujahid who fought, with Western and Zionist support, against the Soviet-backed Afghan government:

Source

The mujahid admits that the Soviet-backed government greatly improved the material wellbeing of the masses, but says that doing so is against Allah.

Source

@Ashvazdanghe

Edited by Northwest
  • Advanced Member
On 11/23/2020 at 7:49 PM, Northwest said:

Power is extremely dangerous to religion. This aspect is but one area that troubles me about all institutional religion. As soon as religion becomes institutional, its essence is rapidly and irrevocably corrupted. Part of me wishes that Shia Islam were closer to Sufism than Wahhabism, or at least contained an internal counterbalance, because the Wahhabi–Salafi and other feudalist, Sunni regimes

Hi , the real problem is not power & religion but the most important factor is leader or caliph or Imam or anyone that takes responsibility for leading people so because of that in Shia doctrine the Imam/ruler must not corrupts by power so he must be infallible with divine guidance which also his deputies as governors & officials must work under direct supervision of infallible Imam that It will fulfill after reappearance of Imam Mahdi (aj) anyway currently we only have access to his deputies until Imam reappearance , anyway all of human made doctrines like communism & Imperialism & liberalism & etc are reached to their end & Showed  their failure & their achievements is just good for nostalgia & reading history  that it also happens for other religious based doctrines like Sufism created to justify ruler ship of any tyrant & oppressive ruler & radical ones like Wahabism created to destroy original Islamic teachings with mixing barbarism & corruption in leadership to show Islam incapable of ruling the world in future  even Shiism can't claim itself as orthodoxy but it's more near to orthodoxy of Islam than others that only Imam Mahdi (aj) will revive Islam to it's orthodoxy after his reappearance inshaAllah .

On 11/23/2020 at 7:49 PM, Northwest said:

many top Kemalist (secular-nationalist – ed.) generals and intellectuals, including those who have been demanding that Turkey breaks up with the US political and military diktat, instead forging alliances in the east.

Kemalists are a great threat to Shias & Iran although of their claims , if they could overthrown Erdugan & his party then they would became puppets of Amercia & Israel (Zionism) then they would start a genocide of Shias & war with Iran.

• Advanced Member
On 11/23/2020 at 9:49 PM, Northwest said:

Power is extremely dangerous to religion.

Power is not harmful for religion. In fact, disassociation of religion and morals from power is extremely dangerous. Shia Islam is political. And this concept of combine power with religion helps in repelling corruption from power. A man who is good at morals, excellent in knowledge, noble, pious, always speaks the truth, always thinks about the benefit of society and good of people is the most deserved to acquire power. Because he has made himself strong spiritually by practicing religion and therefore he can resist the instinct of greed of money and authority. 

Such a person can only be found in the religious circles and no where else.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Zainuu said:

Power is not harmful for religion. In fact, disassociation of religion and morals from power is extremely dangerous. Shia Islam is political. And this concept of combine power with religion helps in repelling corruption from power. A man who is good at morals, excellent in knowledge, noble, pious, always speaks the truth, always thinks about the benefit of society and good of people is the most deserved to acquire power. Because he has made himself strong spiritually by practicing religion and therefore he can resist the instinct of greed of money and authority. 

Such a person can only be found in the religious circles and no where else.

@Zainuu

I certainly don’t disagree with the bolded statement, but I think your post failed to fully engage with the examples I’ve enumerated in this thread/elsewhere.

What about the following example from Czechoslovakia, in which the Communists did more for the masses than the Church did? My point is not that the Communists were “good,” but that one would expect institutional religion to benefit the masses both spiritually and materially, yet the Catholic Church et al. in Czechoslovakia apparently did neither, or at least fell short in each of these areas, whereas the Communists at least delivered materially, if not spiritually. Today the Czech Republic (Czechia) is worse off both spiritually and materially under capitalism. What is a possible explanation for this circumstance?

His hatred for Communism knew no boundaries; it was epic. He dreamed, he ‘saw’ Communists everywhere, all over the world: in Syria, in the present-day Russia, even in Karzai’s and Ghani’s Afghanistan. Anything remotely secular, anything that was not a caliphate, was “Communist” in his simple but determined mind of a combatant. ...

“The goal was simple: in Afghanistan we wanted to prevent the Communist ideology from being accepted.”

I wondered whether they knew anything about the improving medical system, about the all of a sudden decent education, about public housing, transportation, and culture?

Almost everything done by the Communists was good (!), I know… But because they believed in Communism and socialism, it was not right, it was ‘haram’. Our pledge to God was what really mattered. In terms of importance, God was Number 1, and only then came the world of humans.

Source

All that is still functioning in the country are structures and infrastructure built before and during the Soviet era, like irrigation ducts, canals and bread factories. ...

Soviets and Russians are now remembered with love and great nostalgia; something that I already described in my previous essays from the country.

Source

Also, what about the following example, in which religion motivates the army to kill “heathen” Indians, who are deemed nonhuman?

3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Kemalists are a great threat to Shias & Iran although of their claims , if they could overthrown Erdugan & his party then they would became puppets of Amercia & Israel (Zionism) then they would start a genocide of Shias & war with Iran.

@Ashvazdanghe

But isn’t Erdoğan, a Sunni Islamist, already starting a genocide of Shias as well as Armenian Christians and competing with Iran for influence?

Edited by Northwest
  • Advanced Member

@Northwest I agree with all what you said. 

Salaam Brother, 

May Allah condemn those who discriminate.

But let us be clear. All what they are practicing is not religion actually. I would say that if Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and Jesus (عليه السلام) would have been their, they would be the first the fight. These people have no credibility whatsoever to represent tge religion.

Let us address them one by one:

1. Afghans who said communists are good at work but we hate them because they are communists:

If I am not wrong Afghan resistance was established by the US to fight Soviets. It was said by Hillary Clinton. Let us be clear, theur are verses in the Holy Quran that talk about violence and war. Their are fabricated hadith in the name of The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) which were established by Umayyids and Abbasids in order to propagate their agendas. All of this, if emphasized upon can act as a tool to brainwash a mind and manipulate and use it. The extreme version of Islam brought to existence by Saudi Arabia is the main culprit behind this. Atleast 10000 Saudi funded schools are their in Pakistan and Indua in order to teach/brainwash them. That militant you talked about is one of the grads of such an institute. They bomb Cinemas and coffeeshops in the west while they  also bomb mosques and holy places in the east. They defintely killed many innocents in the west but what about the entire cities and states they turned to rubble in middle-east. Double standards? Yes. They don't serve Allah and represent the true religion. They serve the west imperialists. Thus, They don't reoresent us. 

An example from history. Their were quite similar people in history called the 'Kharijites'. Imam Ali (عليه السلام)  (the true representative of Islam) went on an open war against them and said "This creed is the worst enemy of Islam". So, these terrorists are the worst enemies of the religion they try to represent. 

2. The major religious institutes in Czechoslovakia:

I don't know if such barbarism is anywhere a part of Biblical scriptures. Religion is not from the people but from the book. Religious leader is the one who abides by the book. Taking the cases:

1. They were fake leaders: Then they don't represent religion. 

2. They were true leaders according to the religion: Then that religion is not legitimate in itself. Because the purpose of religion is the salvation and happiness of people during life and after death. If it doesn't serves the purpose, either the book is change or the religious ideology is itself not legitimate.

3. If this institution was a true representer and it had good leaders in the start and it fails to provide that leadership now: 

Again, the religious ideology is weak. Reason: People talking about god and divinity, answering the questions of heaven and hell, if they cannot handle the basic issues of life of the people and cannot be helpful for them, how is their Ideology true and how can they claim to be the leader appointed by God's established system. 

3. The lamenting genocide of Indians by the Christians:

It's literally a sad reality that people suffered so much. More said is that it acted as a huge coverup on the mercy of God because whatever those monsters did, they did it in the name of God. But again, like Baghdadi was a self-proclaimed Caliph and not a real representative of religion. Same is the case with these pastors and priests. The difference is that their was no one to answer them and designate them as terrorists. While al-Qaeda, ISIS etc were designated as terrorists and bashed badly in a strong way by the Muslims only because of the leadership systems established within the religion (Shia Islam) :

Marjiyyah in Iraq

Wilayat al Faqih in Iran. 

You can argue that so much terroirsm in the name of God and religion. But we have seen through the examples of Qassem Suleimani and Mehdi al Muhandis that the the black flags of ISIS were burnt down and their strongholds were destroyed by religiously devout men only. 

To conclude,  I would say again that religious leadership is the best if it's impelementation is correct. Because the underlying concept is irrefutable. 

If the application has a problem or the concept has a problem, it will be troublesome. 

• Advanced Member

...the first country that abolished slavery was not England, but Haiti, which is still expiating the sin of its dignity.

The black slaves of Haiti defeated Napoleon Bonaparte’s glorious army, and Europe never forgave the humiliation. For over a century and half, Haiti paid France a huge compensation for being guilty of its freedom, but not even that was enough. ...

It is worth repeating it once again, so that the deaf can hear:

Haiti was the founding country of the independence of America and the first one that defeated slavery in the world.

Thomas Jefferson has said:

From Haiti came the pest of rebellion.

In South Carolina, for example, the law allowed imprisonment of any black sailor while his ship was at dock, because of the risk that he could contaminate with the antislavery pest. And in Brazil, this pest was called “Haitianism.”

Haiti was invaded by the U.S. marines for being an insecure country for its foreign creditors. The invaders began by taking possession of the customs offices and giving the Haitian National Bank to the City Bank of New York. Since they were already there, they decided to stay for nineteen years.

The crossing of the border from the Dominican Republic to Haiti is named:

“The wrong step.”

Maybe the name is a call to arms:

Are you entering the black world, black magic, witchcraft?… Vodou, the religion that slaves brought from Africa and was nationalized in Haiti; it has no right to be called religion. From the point of view of proprietors of civilization, Vodou is a black thing, ignorance, backwardness, pure superstition. The (pro-slavery – ed.) Catholic church, with plenty of followers capable of selling the saints’ fingernails and the feathers of Archangel Gabriel, made possible that this superstition was officially forbidden in 1845, 1860, 1896, 1915, and 1942, without the town even noticing it.

...the evangelical sects have been in charge of the war against superstition in Haiti. Those sects come from the United States, a country that does not have 13th floors in its buildings, nor line 13 in its airplanes, and that is inhabited by civilized Christians who believe God made the world in one week.

In that country, the evangelical preacher Pat Robertson explained on television the earthquake of the year 2010. This shepherd of souls revealed that the Haitian blacks had won their independence from France with a “Voodoo” ceremony that invoked the Devil’s help from the depths of the Haitian jungle. The Devil who gave them their freedom sent the earthquake to collect.

Source

This article was first published ten  years ago in the immediate wake if the Haiti earthquake of January 12, 2000, 

The disaster relief scenario and exercise were HELD ONE DAY BEFORE IT HAPPENED. on January 11, 2000 under the auspices of US Southern Command (USSOUTHCOM), the regional military command responsible for the Southern part of the Western Hemisphere.

Was this coincidental or did USSOUTHCOM have foreknowledge of what was going to happen the following day? 

Bear in mind, USSOUTHCOM is not a humanitarian entity with a mandate to channel emergency assistance.

Michel Chossudovsky, January 10, 2020

Source

In 2010, Venezuelan leader Hugo Chávez claimed that HAARP or a program like it triggered the Haiti earthquake.

"While the Air Force neither wants nor appreciates the unique value of HAARP, users from several federal agencies, laboratories and universities, and friendly nations such as Canada, Britain, Taiwan, South Korea, Sweden and Norway, are eager to use its unique resources, which would further spread American influence and leadership," Dennis Papadopoulos, a professor of physics and astronomy at the University of Maryland, wrote in an opinion piece in the Alaska Dispatch.

Source

Haiti became a member of Petrocaribe in 2006, an agreement allowing Caribbean nations to buy Venezuelan oil on conditions of preferential payment.[13] After joining Petrocaribe, Haiti followed Venezuela's opinion in foreign policy assemblies–often opposing United States policies–and began to rely on Venezuela's cheap petroleum prices for economic development.[4]

Following the 2010 Haiti earthquake, Venezuela made substantial contributions to the humanitarian response to the earthquake, pledging $1.3bn in aid in addition to cancelling $395m in Petrocaribe debt.[14] Projects included the construction of three power plants, which provided a fifth of Haiti's electricity in December 2011.[14] In December 2011 Haitian President Michel Martelly said that "The cooperation with Venezuela is the most important in Haiti right now in terms of impact, direct impact."[14] Haiti became a "permanent observer" of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Americas (ALBA) in February 2012, the regional group launched and led by Venezuela. At the February 2012 ALBA summit, "President Hugo Chávez and Haitian President Michel Martelly signed a framework agreement that aims to boost Venezuela’s role in Haitian agriculture, manufacturing and tourism, among other sectors."[15]

Source

Evidently, the Western Christian Establishment has viewed indigenous religion as a threat to imperialism, and continues to fabricate lies about indigenous religion. Racist, fascist, pro-Zionist evangelicals such as Pat Robertson blamed Haitians for the 2010 earthquake and claimed Haitian Voudou is Satanic because some of the rituals inspired Haitians to revolt against the (Catholic) Christian landowning class and establish the first black republic in the Western Hemisphere. In other words, Voudou is Satanic because, unlike the Church, it did not encourage Haitians to passively submit to foreign domination and Western imperialism. (Evidence in fact suggests the US military used secret technology, à la HAARP or underwater nuclear detonation, to trigger the earthquake, destroy the country, facilitate foreign occupation, and prevent Haiti from forging economic ties to Hugo Chávez’s Venezuela vis-à-vis Cuba.)

There is an entire Christian industry dedicated to defending Columbus as a Catholic knight for Western civilisation. This industry is evidently well funded.

On the Wednesday edition of his radio show, "Bill Bennett's Morning in America," syndicated by Salem Radio Network, a caller raised the theory that Social Security is in danger of becoming insolvent because legalized abortion has reduced the number of tax-paying citizens. Bennett said economic arguments should never be employed in discussions of moral issues.

If it were your sole purpose to reduce crime, Bennett said, "You could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down.

"That would be an impossible, ridiculous and morally reprehensible thing to do, but your crime rate would go down," he added. ...

In an interview with ABC News, Bennett said that anyone who knows him knows he isn't racist. He said he was merely extrapolating from the best-selling book Freakonomics, which posits the hypothesis that falling crimes rates are related to increased abortion rates decades ago. "It would have worked for, you know, single-parent moms; it would have worked for male babies, black babies," Bennett said. So why immediately bring up race when discussing crime rates? "There was a lot of discussion about race and crime in New Orleans," Bennett said. "There was discussion – a lot of it wrong – but nevertheless, media jumping on stories about looting and shooting and gangs and roving gangs and so on.

"There's no question this is on our minds," Bennett said. "What I do on our show is talk about things that people are thinking … we don't hesitate to talk about things that are touchy."

Bennett said, "I'm sorry if people are hurt, I really am. But we can't say this is an area of American life (and) public policy that we're not allowed to talk about – race and crime (and intelligence quotient, given Bennett is relying on The Bell Curve, whose authors have been tied to the Neo-Nazi Pioneer Fund – ed.)."

To invade, search out, capture, vanquish and subdue all Saracens and pagans whatsoever, and other enemies of Christ wheresoever placed, and to reduce their persons to perpetual slavery. - Papal Bull Romanus Pontifex that authorized the conquest and genocide of the non-Catholic world (1455)

The culture that made the Nazi death camps possible was not only indigenous to the West but was an outcome of its fundamental (dualistic, Trinitarian – ed.) religious traditions that insist upon a dichotomous division of mankind into the elect and the reprobate. - Richard Rubenstein, The Cunning of History (1978)

Colonization is civilization. If we, the superior race, take the land of other races, we must utterly destroy the previous inhabitants (following the model of the ancient Israelites in Canaan – ed.) … The disappearance of our local Indians is of little consequence. - Sir Edward Bulwer-Lytton, co-founder of British Columbia and Member of the Legislative Assembly, 1868

I believe the conditions are being deliberately created in our Indian schools to spread infectious diseases. The death rate often exceeds fifty percent. This is a national crime. - Dr. Peter Bryce to Indian Affairs Deputy Superintendent Duncan Campbell Scott, April 12, 1907, prior to his dismissal by Scott

If I were to choose to kill off half the Indian children under our care, there is no better instrument to use than your typical residential school. - Neil Parker, Indian Affairs Superintendent, 1949

The fact that European powers deliberately exterminated millions of non-Christian indigenous people in the New World is historically undeniable, constituting as it does the numerically largest genocide in world history. (7) The participation of Canadian church and state in the same crime has been and continues to be denied, especially by Canadians, despite overwhelming evidence.

Broadly speaking, it would be a strange paradox indeed for Euro-Canadians not to have conquered, de-populated, legally constrained and eradicated the Indian nations they encountered after 1497, operating as they were from precisely the same mentality and practice of “Superior Christian (bourgeois-feudal – ed.) Dominion” (8) that animated every other Vatican-authorized nation. Those who would claim a “Canadian exceptionalism” to the norm of European genocide have yet to produce any evidence to show that indigenous nations somehow fared better under Canadian rule.

On the contrary, a simple peeling back of the Great Canadian Myth of benevolence towards Indians reveals a rancid, hidden history of war crimes and mass murder on par with any criminal regime in the world. The outcome for native nations has been the same, whether in Canada, America or Brazil. ...

The economic 33 importance of eastern woodland tribes like the Huron and Iroquois to the Canadian fur trade and their usefulness as military allies ruled out a Spanish Solution of outright extermination of these Indians. But when such usefulness passed, their eradication proceeded just as thoroughly.

The very fact that the conquering Europeans had to be more circumspect and strategic in their treatment of their brown skinned targets made the role of religion all that more crucial to the success of the Canadian genocide, which can truthfully be described as a religious enterprise from start to finish. Indeed, the predominance of the churches in forming and operating colonial policy towards Indians, and in establishing and maintaining, against periodic government opposition, the murderous Indian residential school system for over a century, is unique when compared to most other nations' genocide track record.

(9) The fact that the Canadian Holocaust occurred in prolonged waves under the leadership of Roman Catholicism and Anglicanism – and their offshoots – and did so under “benevolent” guises of education and missionary proselytizing, has done much to fog and camouflage the reality of Genocide in Canada, and not accidentally. British imperialism always presented itself as a “civilizing” force wherever it exterminated local populations, a “hammer in a velvet glove” approach epitomized by General George Maitland, who in 1843 described British treatment of African tribes as “A good thrashing followed by great kindness”. (10)

Give us a child for seven years and he will be ours for life” said the 16th century Jesuit founder Ignatius Loyola – and it should be added, in the Canadian context, “at least, the few who survive.”

The full gamut of genocidal crime in Canada is outside the scope of this report. Instead, we are scrutinizing that specific Group Crime called the Indian residential school system – again, a term designed to deceive – by which all of the indigenous nations in Canada were finally brought down and decimated; and how their church, state and their corporate sponsors.

Source, pp. 31–4

How many times was Russia invaded? Each time the invaders had the backing of the Vatican...

The Vatican...(has always been) part of globalist strategy...under Masonic control...

When it comes to Russia and the Orthodox Church, the Vatican has demanded that the Orthodox Church submit to Vatican control, which also created the Unionist Orthodox Church, which permitted Orthodox practices but demanded submission to the Pope. In the process the Vatican is working hand in hand with NATO and the EU (and Israel – ed.) in their drives towards Russia.

Source

Supporters of the Church regularly criticise Orthodox Jewish opposition to sacrilege, incest, and homicide, calling such injunctions “Talmudic.”

...the Italians were very capable at creating brothels and discotheques on their own, almost legendary at each, but the communists tend to shut down such establishments when they take power and find more meaningful employment for the women than being a loose woman or a dancer. Not saying that there’s never been a brothel in a communist city. ... But they (unlike the Catholic hierarchy in Italy – ed.) do tend to close such establishments during the surge when they take over.

Source

Edited by Northwest
  • 1 month later...