Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Silentphantomsociety

About hijab

Rate this topic

Hello and Salam sister and brother 

I want to ask about the hijab , I’m a sister and I wear hijab but I want to know the ruling about hijab is obligated or personal choices . For me a hijab is obligated to wear and I didn’t feel I being forced to wear it . And personally I found that not the west only who Muslim women  struggle wearing hijab but non Muslim Asian country such as Japan and Korea also newly converted or Muslim women struggle with their hijab . Can you brother and sister tell me , is a hijab is obligated or personal choice . I don’t want personal opinion , I want the religion ruling 

17 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala, 

Wa Alikum Assalam Wa Rahamah

Sister Silent,

Insh'Allah you are well and in good health.

Hijab is wajab just like salat and sawm sister.  Below are verses from the Glorious Qur'an.  All our marj3as tell us to observe hijab.

قُلْ لِلْمُؤْمِنَاتِ يَغْضُضْنَ مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِنَّ وَ يَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوْجَهُنَّ...

“Say to the believing women that: they should cast down their glances and guard their private parts (by being chaste)…”

وَ لاَ يُبْدِيْنَ زِيْنَتَهُنَّ إِلاَّ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَ لْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلىَ جُيُوْبِهِنَّ...

“...and not display their beauty except what is apparent, and they should place their khumur over their bosoms...”

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ, قُلْ لأَزْوَاجِكَ وَ بَنَاتِكَ وَ نِسآءِ الْمُؤْمِنِيْنَ: يُدْنِيْنَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِنْ جَلاَبِيْبِهِنَّ...

“O Prophet! Say to your wives, your daughters, and the women of the believers that: they should let down upon themselves their jalabib.

What is the meaning of “jalabib”?

Jalabib جَلاَبِيْبٌ is the plural of jilbabجِلْبَابٌ , which means a loose outer garment. See any Arabic dictionary like Lisanu ’l-‘Arab, Majma‘you ’l-Bahrayn or al-Munjid.

Al-Munjid, for instance, defines jilbab as “the shirt or a wide dress—القميص أو الثوب الواسع.” While al-Turayhi, in Majma‘you ’l-Bahrayn, defines it as “a wide dress, wider than the scarf and shorter than a robe, that a woman puts upon her head and lets it down on her bosom...”5

This means that the Islamic dress code for women does not only consist of a scarf that covers the head, the neck and the bosom; it also includes the overall dress that should be long and loose.

So, for instance, the combination of a tight, short sweater with tight-fitting jeans with a scarf over the head does not fulfill the requirements of the Islamic dress code.

https://www.al-Islam.org/hijab-Muslim-womens-dress-Islamic-or-cultural-Sayyid-Muhammad-Rizvi/Qur'an-and-hijab

Thank you brother 

On 1/23/2019 at 6:18 AM, Laayla said:

@Silentphantomsociety

Assalam Alikum sister,

Your welcome.  If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Would you please share where I can get cartoon pictures of hijabi animi?  Thanks in advance.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Wa Salam , 

I got my hijabi anime from google actually